Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:49 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:37 pm Went to to local Mazduh diller to try out the new ND. They only had one on the lot, white hardtop with leather and automatic. Immediate nope.

Not a major issue since I cant afford a new car at the moment. But how do you not have a :manuel: on the lot? :thankstrump:
Because old people don't even want a :manuel:

We've got one ND - it's a club RF with :manuel:

And it's on the showroom lift.

I had to lower it so that a very :fatty: guy try to fit in it last week. He didn't fit.
One of my high school buddies, who used to be 320 pounds (he’s lean now) downgraded from his Ram to a R56 in senior year. He clearly didn’t look comfortable, but he was :aintcare:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Minis are big inside just like golfs ...
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:31 pm
:howdareu: :howdareu: :howdareu: :howdareu: :howdareu: :howdareu: :howdareu: :howdareu: :howdareu:
max225

Oh the horror ! If someone actually drives the car it’ll have more “wrong” with it in 1000miles. :whocares:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:triggered:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:48 pm
Oh the horror ! If someone actually drives the car it’ll have more “wrong” with it in 1000miles. :whocares:
:koolaid:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:31 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:49 am

Because old people don't even want a :manuel:

We've got one ND - it's a club RF with :manuel:

And it's on the showroom lift.

I had to lower it so that a very :fatty: guy try to fit in it last week. He didn't fit.
One of my high school buddies, who used to be 320 pounds (he’s lean now) downgraded from his Ram to a R56 in senior year. He clearly didn’t look comfortable, but he was :aintcare:
R56 is roomy inside, I easily fit with plenty of room to spare.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Apex wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:57 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:31 pm

R56 is roomy inside, I easily fit with plenty of room to spare.
Right, and i was :mindblown: seeing him setting in and out. I once been in an r56, it really makes my gti feel like a bus
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Davestr

The real question is would you accept a new M3Comp ordered by you with that load of paint BS on it? FUCK NO. So have another drink. A decent dealer would not expect you to either LOL. Impressed Tesla responded quickly to the owner and is giving a loaner while the minor defects are addressed.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:37 pm Went to to local Mazduh diller to try out the new ND. They only had one on the lot, white hardtop with leather and automatic. Immediate nope.

Not a major issue since I cant afford a new car at the moment. But how do you not have a :manuel: on the lot? :thankstrump:
I took a 2019 RF out for a test drive. It is definitely fun with the added ponies.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I got to play with the new loaded out Kia Stinger GT 2 in ceramic grey.

If I was in the $50k luxo car game, this thing is definitely punching above its weight class.

Pros:
Great build of turbo torque. TONS of mid range as youd expect.
fast shifting
good noises
Solid interior build.
noticeable sport/driving modes.
roomy rear seat.
decent fit and finish. Well designed and thoughtfully laid out. Exterior door handle lighting. lots of little details.
massive hatch lid
with traction control on in sport, it certainly lets ass end eat a bit and then kinda drops power to hold you but not full shutdown. :notbad:
massive brakes do good work.

Cons:
-felt light on the ass in any cornering at 40-55 mph. Like "woah are my tires planted or did a cloud just lift up the rear". This was my largest concerning moment.Very unsettling. The ass should contact, squat and put power down. Instead it felt like the inside tire was "lifting" up when hammering down throttle.
-Large "dead spots" in power band. It would pull then fall on face then WOOOAHH pull. The the power band leap frogs around.
- the stigma of "its a kia"

overall 4.8/7. Hat tip to kia for bringing this to market and I hope more people drive one. Definitely gets attention and is a head turner.
Last edited by dubshow on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:46 am

I took a 2019 RF out for a test drive. It is definitely fun with the added ponies.
:notbad:

i'd like to drive one of these soon. The power from the first ND was definitely :flaccid: for a nearly $30k car.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:13 am I got to play with the new loaded out Kia Stinger GT 2 in ceramic grey.

If I was in the $50k luxo car game, this thing is definitely punching above its weight class.

Pros:
fast shifting
good noises
Solid interior build.
roomy rear seat.
decent fit and finish. Well designed and thoughtfully laid out. Exterior door handle lighting. lots of little details.
massive hatch lid
with traction control on in sport, it certainly lets ass end eat a bit and then kinda drops power to hold you but not full shutdown. :notbad:

Cons:
-felt light on the ass in any cornering at 40-55 mph. Like "woah are my tires planted or did a cloud just lift up the rear". This was my largest concerning moment.Very unsettling. The ass should contact, squat and put power down. Instead it felt like the inside tire was "lifting" up when hammering down throttle.
-Large "dead spots" in power band. It would pull then fall on face then WOOOAHH pull. The the power band leap frogs around.

overall 4.8/7. Hat tip to kia for bringing this to market and I hope more people drive one.
5/7 review will read again
brain go brrrrrr
max225

dubshow wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:13 am I got to play with the new loaded out Kia Stinger GT 2 in ceramic grey.

Pros:
fast shifting
good noises
Solid interior build.
roomy rear seat.
massive hatch lid

Cons:

overall 4.8/7. Hat tip to kia for bringing this to market and I hope more people drive one. Definitely gets attention and is a head turner.
What was the price of the car ?
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:48 am

The real question is would you accept a new M3Comp ordered by you with that load of paint BS on it? FUCK NO. So have another drink. A decent dealer would not expect you to either LOL. Impressed Tesla responded quickly to the owner and is giving a loaner while the minor defects are addressed.
The paint on my m3 is not good. But it is what it is, it’s a car not a museum piece :aintcare:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:32 am

Pros:
fast shifting
good noises
Solid interior build.
roomy rear seat.
massive hatch lid

Cons:

MSRP was $50,200 iirc.

https://www.allstarautomotive.com/vehic ... C0J6027964

dealer can tax about $2900 off
Davestr

dubshow wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:51 am

MSRP was $50,200 iirc.

Are they coming off more to move them???
max225

dubshow wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:51 am

MSRP was $50,200 iirc.

Wow that is quite a sum....
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:33 am
Davestr wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:48 am

The paint on my m3 is not good. But it is what it is, it’s a car not a museum piece :aintcare:
But your M3 was not a brand new car delivered off the truck to you.

I was surprised that he got that thing delivered that fast.... 2 days from order to delivery???! Tesla's site doesn't show any inventory of Model 3's, but they are/were rushing to get more cars out to beat the tax credit deadline.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:33 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:33 am

I was surprised that he got that thing delivered that fast.... 2 days from order to delivery???! Tesla's site doesn't show any inventory of Model 3's, but they are/were rushing to get more cars out to beat the tax credit deadline.
True about my car not being new, but the quality of the paint has nothing to do with that. It’s super thin, immediately gets hard water stained etc. I dunno going full on OCD on something that will get used and abused over a decade seems silly to me. :notsure: about that 2 day delivery also... they must have completely tapped that market then.... I’m sort of shocked they are able to move as many cars as they do considering the price points
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:41 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:33 pm

True about my car not being new, but the quality of the paint has nothing to do with that. It’s super thin, immediately gets hard water stained etc. I dunno going full on OCD on something that will get used and abused over a decade seems silly to me. :notsure: about that 2 day delivery also... they must have completely tapped that market then.... I’m sort of shocked they are able to move as many cars as they do considering the price points
The configurator still says "Order now for a 2018 delivery!" for a Model 3 Performance car.

Do you go into Fry's and buy the boxes that are beat to shit and have a return label on them? If so, I guess I can understand you not caring about a scratched to shit $2500 upgrade paint color on a new car. :hue:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:04 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:41 pm

The configurator still says "Order now for a 2018 delivery!" for a Model 3 Performance car.

Do you go into Fry's and buy the boxes that are beat to shit and have a return label on them? If so, I guess I can understand you not caring about a scratched to shit $2500 upgrade paint color on a new car. :hue:
That’s wild.... they burned through the entire “2 year” backlog in 1 quarter of full production... 2019 is gonna be rough for them
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:04 pm

That’s wild.... they burned through the entire “2 year” backlog in 1 quarter of full production... 2019 is gonna be rough for them
I can't lie, I was sitting here thinking about putting in my info and credit card number to place an order and see if it got here before the end of the year.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:13 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:09 pm

I can't lie, I was sitting here thinking about putting in my info and credit card number to place an order and see if it got here before the end of the year.
They look nice in blue with the wheel covers removed. The smaller stock wheels look great ...