Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:16 am Lisa side swiped a car as she was parking. Pulled into a parallel spot but hit the car as she was turning in. Whole right rear quarter panel is scratched and scraped. She doesn't seem to care? Amaze.

And this is why a cheap used car is great for her.
Does the owner of the other car seem to care?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:01 am

So did she just leave NFG?
I didn’t ask actually. Hope not.
wut
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:10 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:55 am

What about the other car?
:dat: like what the fk actually happened ?! I can’t imagine that happening with a sig other and being all :aintcare: about it
:dat:

Basically the forum would like an accountability check on Lisa, and by association, John P. Blessed Lands. Is this a couple that is part of the problem, or part of the solution?
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

On the subject of Corvette, rumor has it “Corvette” will become a brand not a model (think Ram).
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:55 am

What about the other car?
:dat: like what the fk actually happened ?! I can’t imagine that happening with a sig other and being all :aintcare: about it
Not my car, not my problem, and I didn't want to get into it with her. I don't know if info was left or exchanged, or if there was no damage or what. I didn't ask.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:24 pm
Not my car, not my problem, and I didn't want to get into it with her. I don't know if info was left or exchanged, or if there was no damage or what. I didn't ask.
So she really :aintcare: but... i mean its like... 5k+ worth of damage....
Like usually... if you have an issue like losing your wallet etc you tell your sig other... this is a pretty YUGE deal. Not saying "get into it" with her but at least axe :wtf: happened. If she hit another car and left it could be a felony hit and run due to the $ of the damage.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:24 pm

Like usually... if you have an issue like losing your wallet etc you tell your sig other... this is a pretty YUGE deal. Not saying "get into it" with her but at least axe :wtf: happened. If she hit another car and left it could be a felony hit and run due to the $ of the damage.
Not my problem Max
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Not my problem Max
:(
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Not my problem Max
Hard to see the scenario in which you would not be affected by a felony traffic violation.
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:56 am https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/23/germany ... odels.html

No diesel no problem for Porsche.
This is a proper way to go. Diesel has gone :fullretard: i can't think of many scenarios where it makes sense to get it over a gasoline vehicle at this point.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Not my problem Max
Hard to see the scenario in which you would not be affected by a felony traffic violation.
He gets full custody of :doge:

:trollface:

Also, there was another house issue where :tits: had to :dill: with it on her own. :whocares: , dad has :waxer:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Also, there was another house issue where :tits: had to :dill: with it on her own. :whocares: , dad has :waxer:
Different strokes for sure. If walked out into the garage and the side of the Krautwagen was all trashed there would be some, ah, discussion about what transpired. Mistakes are made and if you want tear up your own shit that's sort of ok but not really because Zilspec or :gtfo:, but tearing up somebody else's shit without paying up isn't in my playbook.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:56 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Different strokes for sure. If walked out into the garage and the side of the Krautwagen was all trashed there would be some, ah, discussion about what transpired. Mistakes are made and if you want tear up your own shit that's sort of ok but not really because Zilspec or :gtfo:, but tearing up somebody else's shit without paying up isn't in my playbook.
OR

:thisisfine:
Johnny_P

Y'all making the assumption she damaged the other vehicle amirite? I have no idea if she did or didn't. Beats me. Just like I have no idea if a note was left or not. Or if she swiped a UPS truck with a giant metal bumper or not. No f'ing clue.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:25 pm Y'all making the assumption she damaged the other vehicle amirite? I have no idea if she did or didn't. Beats me. Just like I have no idea if a note was left or not. Or if she swiped a UPS truck with a giant metal bumper or not. No f'ing clue.
To be completely honest. We're all just confused about what happened, and in particular the current reaction to the situation.

Sounds like whatever happened was a big deal... (based on your description of the damage) yet :thisisfine: type of attitude is puzzling to all of us here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 pm He gets full custody of :doge:

I'm with you... But I suspect stuff like this is why Johnny hasn't signed up for wedding bells yet.

I watched my gf hit MY car, then drive away... Received a text a minute or two later "I think I just hit your car"... :tits: :rolleyes:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
I'm with you... But I suspect stuff like this is why Johnny hasn't signed up for wedding bells yet.

I watched my gf hit MY car, then drive away... Received a text a minute or two later "I think I just hit your car"... :tits: :rolleyes:
Did she scratch the entire side of the car? :yikes:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:25 pm Y'all making the assumption she damaged the other vehicle amirite? I have no idea if she did or didn't. Beats me. Just like I have no idea if a note was left or not. Or if she swiped a UPS truck with a giant metal bumper or not. No f'ing clue.
To be completely honest. We're all just confused about what happened, and in particular the current reaction to the situation.

Sounds like whatever happened was a big deal... (based on your description of the damage) yet :thisisfine: type of attitude is puzzling to all of us here.
Met her at the grocery store. Walking back to the car I noticed scrapes. Her quarter panel is scratched with long Max225-parking-lot-wars type scratches from the wheel back, one of them was a dent. Told her someone side swiped her, she said she did it while parking, turned in too quick. Told me she checked the other car and didn't see any damage. I didn't push for any information as to whether or not she opened a supreme court case, called the DA to file charges on her, had the police impound her car or revoke her license, etc. Also didn't ask if she left a note or what because she's a big girl she can handle this on her own. Any other time she's damaged someone's shit either from a bicycle falling over or knocking a side mirror driving down our tight ass street she's left notes and paid for any damages even if it was a minor scratch.

But fuck me, right?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Met her at the grocery store. Walking back to the car I noticed scrapes. Her quarter panel is scratched with long Max225-parking-lot-wars type scratches from the wheel back, one of them was a dent. Told her someone side swiped her, she said she did it while parking, turned in too quick. Told me she checked the other car and didn't see any damage. I didn't push for any information as to whether or not she opened a supreme court case, called the DA to file charges on her, had the police impound her car or revoke her license, etc. Also didn't ask if she left a note or what because she's a big girl she can handle this on her own. Any other time she's damaged someone's shit either from a bicycle falling over or knocking a side mirror driving down our tight ass street she's left notes and paid for any damages even if it was a minor scratch.

But fuck me, right?
Can we be collectively concerned for our fellow brethren without facing backlash ? :yikes:

Pics of damage at some point plz. :well:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 pm

But fuck me, right?
Can we be collectively concerned for our fellow brethren without facing backlash ? :yikes:

Pics of damage at some point plz. :well:
:dat:

because clearly if there is blow back you will be affected by outcome.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm I'm with you... But I suspect stuff like this is why Johnny hasn't signed up for wedding bells yet.

Did she scratch the entire side of the car? :yikes:
Damage noticeable only to Zillspec. Her car had a little more, but still minimal. GM> Ferd :fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I learned not to care about other people's situations. Too stressful plus my own life is far from great. Gotta get my own house in order before i judge.

If i lived in a place that has such tight spaces I'd be ALL ABOUT that bicycle + beater lyfe
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:41 pm
Davestr wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:56 am https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/23/germany ... odels.html

No diesel no problem for Porsche.
This is a proper way to go. Diesel has gone :fullretard: i can't think of many scenarios where it makes sense to get it over a gasoline vehicle at this point.
:like: :like: :like: :like:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:52 pm I learned not to care about other people's situations. Too stressful plus my own life is far from great. Gotta get my own house in order before i judge.

If i lived in a place that has such tight spaces I'd be ALL ABOUT that bicycle + beater lyfe
No one is judging him though? We're concerned FOR HIM.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:52 pm I learned not to care about other people's situations. Too stressful plus my own life is far from great. Gotta get my own house in order before i judge.

No one is judging him though? We're concerned FOR HIM.
Why is he in danger?