Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

ICS is tough because it's surveys, so you have to keep in mind what the customer is like. The window switch makes the wrong click sound and an LR owner is :triggered:

A Genesis and Kia owner is :mindblown: that the car starts in the morning.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 pm ICS is tough because it's surveys, so you have to keep in mind what the customer is like. The window switch makes the wrong click sound and an LR owner is :triggered:

Right but what about Porsche/Lexus/Cadillac etc? You'd think cadillac owners have higher standards than Subaru owners.... yet they have 40% fewer reported issues.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:ICS is tough because it's surveys, so you have to keep in mind what the customer is like. The window switch makes the wrong click sound and an LR owner is :triggered:

I want to test the stinger/g70.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:14 pm
Detroit wrote:ICS is tough because it's surveys, so you have to keep in mind what the customer is like. The window switch makes the wrong click sound and an LR owner is :triggered:

Apperently regular car reviews said its better than Chevy SS
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 pm ICS is tough because it's surveys, so you have to keep in mind what the customer is like. The window switch makes the wrong click sound and an LR owner is :triggered:

Right but what about Porsche/Lexus/Cadillac etc? You'd think cadillac owners have higher standards than Subaru owners.... yet they have 40% fewer reported issues.
Well, there's still an element of vehicle quality. Some cars just blow and others don't.

Though, I wonder if as the buyers get younger (many buying their first new cars) they expect more. Might explain the declines with Honda, Toyota, and Subaru.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:14 pm

It's getting outstanding reviews. I'd like to drive one too.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:14 pm I want to test the stinger/g70.
It's getting outstanding reviews. I'd like to drive one too.
I'm sort of glad that the good looking one with the hatch (stinger) is also yuuuge and automatic only, while the compact one with :manuel: has no hatch and looks bland. If they made a compact Stinger with :manuel: then I'd really want one.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:13 pm
Detroit wrote: It's getting outstanding reviews. I'd like to drive one too.
I'm sort of glad that the good looking one with the hatch (stinger) is also yuuuge and automatic only, while the compact one with :manuel: has no hatch and looks bland. If they made a compact Stinger with :manuel: then I'd really want one.
:dat:
troyguitar

Interestingly, the Stinger at least only offers the "good" steering rack (constant ratio instead of variable, so quicker on-center response) on the 2.0T cars and the Brembro brakes + LSD on the V6TT cars. You can, however, get a stinger with either engine with no stupid sunroof.

I can't find full specs for the G70, but at a minimum it appears you can get brembros+LSD with the 2.0T+6MT - unfortunately sunroofs are claimed to be standard across all trims. No idea which steering racks it uses, nor what the prices are or what colors are offered in each trim.

Why's this shit have to be so complicated? Just make a single "Enthusiast Edition" with all of the right shit on it. Only build 100 of them per year and sell it as a $5000 package. The magazines will love it and they will sell out. Don't build more, only those few will sell.
max225

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevrolet-br ... 00348.html

Paging @johnny
This looks good, kind of a Lexus predator front end with a vulva xc30 back.

I like it ... a fair amount ...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevrolet-br ... 00348.html

Paging @johnny

It's the perfect size, and the interior looks pretty cool. The outside is decent for a crossover.

I've been seeing this thing for a few years now, and I've been :notsure: :notbad: on it. I am really curious to see how the market takes to it. Most crossovers are fake off-roaders these days, this is a "sporty" on-road thing. Will be a bit unique in the mainstream.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevrolet-br ... 00348.html

Paging @johnny

It's the perfect size, and the interior looks pretty cool. The outside is decent for a crossover.

I've been seeing this thing for a few years now, and I've been :notsure: :notbad: on it. I am really curious to see how the market takes to it. Most crossovers are fake off-roaders these days, this is a "sporty" on-road thing. Will be a bit unique in the mainstream.
Looks like a more unique looking edge competitor. I think it’ll do ok. The other cross overs made by gm are just blah this stands out. I dig it...

That doomsday 9 speed auto available with a V6... should be a fun derp combo... but likely hit 40k before massive rebates
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:41 pm

Looks like a more unique looking edge competitor. I think it’ll do ok. The other cross overs made by gm are just blah this stands out. I dig it...

That doomsday 9 speed auto available with a V6... should be a fun derp combo... but likely hit 40k before massive rebates
No idea on pricing, but I suspect you're right.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:44 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:41 pm

The competition is the hottest segment in the market. RAV4, crv, Cherokee, rogue. tons of volume there... but none have a 300hp v6. Seriously :notbad: it’ll run forever too !
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 pm
The competition is the hottest segment in the market. RAV4, crv, Cherokee, rogue. tons of volume there... but none have a 300hp v6. Seriously :notbad: it’ll run forever too !
This is a tweener...think Edge. Bigger than a RAV4, Cherokee, Rogue, smaller than an Explorer, Traverse, Highlander, etc.

The V6 with 9-speed will probably be legit :notbad: If there's an optional heated steering wheel, maybe it'll replace the Volt at some point in my fleet.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Paging @johnny

My god you :lolol: :jizz: the :koolaid:
It's got the face of the pre-refresh Cherokee. Same lighting situation. Only slap on a Lexus predator grill and put the Camaro interior in it. So the Cherokee is ugly but this is somehow decent? :yeahok:

9AT. 4 cyl and V6 engines. It's the Chevrolet Camarokee. Which isn't a bad thing.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 pm
The motor with actual power is attractive, for sure.

Bigger than a Rav4 though. :notsure: that's pretty large.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:12 am

It's got the face of the pre-refresh Cherokee. Same lighting situation. Only slap on a Lexus predator grill and put the Camaro interior in it. So the Cherokee is ugly but this is somehow decent? :yeahok:

9AT. 4 cyl and V6 engines. It's the Chevrolet Camarokee. Which isn't a bad thing.
The predator style grill makes a world of difference on this front end, IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:16 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:12 am

The predator style grill makes a world of difference on this front end, IMO.
Yea, I see the resemblance, but I think this looks better.

Probably just :koolaid: :doe: so I'll :gtfo:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Trump can stick this on Melanomia's next asshat jacket LOL - https://jalopnik.com/the-company-with-t ... 1827029091
Davestr

Im sure the Trump trade fuckheads will help this too LOL - https://jalopnik.com/automakers-are-rel ... 1827028254
Davestr

Nikki Haley is a first rate tool - this is so fkn hilarious. Thank god the Swede's called her out. She would look great in a cage separated from her family LOL - https://jalopnik.com/when-volvos-south- ... 1826995276
max225

Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 pm Nikki Haley is a first rate tool - this is so fkn hilarious. Thank god the Swede's called her out. She would look great in a cage separated from her family LOL - https://jalopnik.com/when-volvos-south- ... 1826995276
Why would a plant in America be worried about Steel and aluminum tariffs we got plenty. Also, this political bs is getting old dave, we get it, you hate president cheeto.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:41 pm
Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 pm Nikki Haley is a first rate tool - this is so fkn hilarious. Thank god the Swede's called her out. She would look great in a cage separated from her family LOL - https://jalopnik.com/when-volvos-south- ... 1826995276
Why would a plant in America be worried about Steel and aluminum tariffs we got plenty. Also, this political bs is getting old dave, we get it, you hate president cheeto.
He aint good for biz. Biz and politics are always connected and this was about cars. Wahhhhhhhhhhh
max225

Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:54 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:41 pm

He aint good for biz. Biz and politics are always connected and this was about cars. Wahhhhhhhhhhh
He is just fine for now. Time will tell. :oops: