Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevrolet-br ... 00348.html

Paging @johnny
This looks good, kind of a Lexus predator front end with a vulva xc30 back.

I like it ... a fair amount ...
Blazer going to be hecho en mehico :yikes: :flaccid:
Last edited by max225 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 pm There's no real choice. If she gets an offer, we go. KY turned out to be a bust, zero raises in 3 years and no on-site advancement opportunities plus zero home value increases. We essentially wasted another 3 years of our lives.
OK then, sunshine in ze ars goes like this.

1. Dry heat is real, I lived in the Midwest and 100 degrees with 50% humidity is uninhabitable compared to most of our summer. See Sno's wedding tale.....nobody would be that uncomfortable in shade and dry heat.
2. October-April is pretty much money, December and January you are luxuriating in the best weather in the lower 48 whilst everybody else on this forum is freezing their balls off.
3. The West is better than the East. Open spaces, proximity to real natural wonder....AZ, CO, UT....these are amazing places and should be explored in everyone's lifetime.
4. Phoenix is a real city with every possible amenity.
5. You got your racetrack there.
6. If your wife kicks you to the curb there are more hot MILFS in Scottsdale than anyplace I have ever been.
:notbad:

How's traffic out there? The plant is in Glendale, near the race track in fact, so we could in theory just get a place near there and barely have to drive at all - but it looks like the neighborhoods near there kind of suck. On the other hand, you can actually get a :haus: with a garage and minimal yard for $200k in said neighborhoods... I assume "nice" areas are triple that.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevrolet-br ... 00348.html

Paging @johnny
This looks good, kind of a Lexus predator front end with a vulva xc30 back.

I like it ... a fair amount ...
Blazer going to be hecho en mehico :yikes: :flaccid:
Who's going to work harder. :manuel: trying to pay off the Zetas Cartel so he and his family don't get a Mexican necktie as a present one night, or :mahtroy: who wants to get drunk on malt liquor and smoke a blunt during lunch?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

1. Dry heat is real, I lived in the Midwest and 100 degrees with 50% humidity is uninhabitable compared to most of our summer. See Sno's wedding tale.....nobody would be that uncomfortable in shade and dry heat.
2. October-April is pretty much money, December and January you are luxuriating in the best weather in the lower 48 whilst everybody else on this forum is freezing their balls off.
3. The West is better than the East. Open spaces, proximity to real natural wonder....AZ, CO, UT....these are amazing places and should be explored in everyone's lifetime.
6. If your wife kicks you to the curb there are more hot MILFS in Scottsdale than anyplace I have ever been.

How's traffic out there? The plant is in Glendale, near the race track in fact, so we could in theory just get a place near there and barely have to drive at all - but it looks like the neighborhoods near there kind of suck. On the other hand, you can actually get a :haus: with a garage and minimal yard for $200k in said neighborhoods... I assume "nice" areas are triple that.
There appears to be a handful of quality eateries in the area, too.
https://goo.gl/maps/z8JrHqxZzt22

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 pm There's no real choice. If she gets an offer, we go. KY turned out to be a bust, zero raises in 3 years and no on-site advancement opportunities plus zero home value increases. We essentially wasted another 3 years of our lives.

After touring the US for about six years, I totally agree with all of this. There's tons of beautiful places in the East too, with NC being one of the best, but I'd agree the West still wins. If I didn't have a life, future wife, family, friends, everything in NC, I'd go to Phoenix in a heartbeat, truly a top ten place to live in the US unless you really just NEED beach proximity. I'm more a mountains guy so :aintcare: .
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm :notbad:

There appears to be a handful of quality eateries in the area, too.
https://goo.gl/maps/z8JrHqxZzt22

Better than that: They have a Jets pizza location. LCs is the cheap copy that I get if I'm not near a Jets.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: OK then, sunshine in ze ars goes like this.

After touring the US for about six years, I totally agree with all of this. There's tons of beautiful places in the East too, with NC being one of the best, but I'd agree the West still wins. If I didn't have a life, future wife, family, friends, everything in NC, I'd go to Phoenix in a heartbeat, truly a top ten place to live in the US unless you really just NEED beach proximity. I'm more a mountains guy so :aintcare: .
Different strokes I guess, I'd take the beach 5 times out of 7. Chilling with a beverage and a breeze, with no ticks or mosquitoes, and plenty of bikinis is the way to relax. Living near that is :waxer: :doe: and usually means high traffic and no garage space.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

This is rather handsome. Too bad we can't buy it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/w ... e=062218#7
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:41 pm
Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 pm Nikki Haley is a first rate tool - this is so fkn hilarious. Thank god the Swede's called her out. She would look great in a cage separated from her family LOL - https://jalopnik.com/when-volvos-south- ... 1826995276
Why would a plant in America be worried about Steel and aluminum tariffs we got plenty. Also, this political bs is getting old dave, we get it, you hate president cheeto.
Speaking just about aluminum, this is simply :wrong: . We don't have plenty here. Virtually all the domestic mills' non-automotive production is closed through the end of this year. These tariffs are wreaking absolute havoc on the metal service center industry. My own little company is currently 2 million pounds short on metal purchases from where we should be and it's ALL because of the tariffs. Foreign mills are too expensive and have stopped importing and domestic mills are nowhere near able to take up the slack. It's :mindblown: stupid policy.
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 pm
Davestr wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:54 pm

He aint good for biz. Biz and politics are always connected and this was about cars. Wahhhhhhhhhhh
He is just fine for now. Time will tell. :oops:
:yeahok:
troyguitar

wap wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:09 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Why would a plant in America be worried about Steel and aluminum tariffs we got plenty. Also, this political bs is getting old dave, we get it, you hate president cheeto.
Speaking just about aluminum, this is simply :wrong: . We don't have plenty here. Virtually all the domestic mills' non-automotive production is closed through the end of this year. These tariffs are wreaking absolute havoc on the metal service center industry. My own little company is currently 2 million pounds short on metal purchases from where we should be and it's ALL because of the tariffs. Foreign mills are too expensive and have stopped importing and domestic mills are nowhere near able to take up the slack. It's :mindblown: stupid policy.
Fucking deep state libtard, you just don't get it.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:18 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Fucking deep state libtard, you just don't get it.
:dat:
max225

Guess we'll have to just die without metal then.
wap

:rolleyes:
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:46 pm Guess we'll have to just die without metal then.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:

I know dick about the Phoenix real estate market right now, other than I'm sure it's up like everywhere else. Let me know when you plan to close on a house so I can sell my stocks and get into cash and sell my house and rent.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:

To answer your question I don't know Phoenix traffic. My desert is 4 hours away.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm :notbad:

To answer your question I don't know Phoenix traffic. My desert is 4 hours away.
Oh dang. For some reason I thought you were in AZ. :disappoint:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Oh dang. For some reason I thought you were in AZ. :disappoint:
Negative, I am a Land of Fruits and Nuts bro.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 pm Oh dang. For some reason I thought you were in AZ. :disappoint:
Lawyer money FTW.

I hope to move out of Trumpistan someday.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Lawyer money FTW.

We gave a relatively humble abode here that will be paid off in 2 years. Right now it's worth about $500K. Then you will buy in Phoenix, precipitate a market crash, and it'll be worth $350K.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 pm Lawyer money FTW.

We gave a relatively humble abode here that will be paid off in 2 years. Right now it's worth about $500K. Then you will buy in Phoenix, precipitate a market crash, and it'll be worth $350K.
:thanksobama:

I already ruined the stock market earlier this year, total money-weighted return so far is -0.4%. Real estate is next.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
:thanksobama:

I already ruined the stock market earlier this year, total money-weighted return so far is -0.4%. Real estate is next.
This year has been shit for me too. Every non tech stock has fucked me. I sold GE, lockhead is down 10% after I got it. ATT down, verizon doing pretty bad too.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

max225 wrote:Guess we'll have to just die without metal then.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist: