Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 am

Well, I helped my friend just buy a 19 Cherokee with 9k on the hood, you can have a nicely optioned one at 20k which is pretty insane. The yoders will be far more expensive
:impressive:

The new Cherokee's look WAY better than the old ones too. They should have all the kinks worked out of the 9-speed as well.
I hope they do. That 9 speed was absolutely horrific when I test drove a Cherokee when they first came out.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:11 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 am
Colorado people rave about the pedal commander, but it's always about increased throttle response. The box has different modes, eco mode might do what you want, and it's 100% reversible. Might be worth asking the company. I can totally see how a touchy throttle would be annoying in the city.
The stock ramping is ridiculous. With the car in "Intelligent" you touch the pedal and the readout says it's at 10%. Go halfway down and it's claiming you're basically WOT. The WRX was worse than that if you can believe it. My car is undriveable in Sport Sharp mode from a stop. Fun in Sport on a back road where it wakes up.

But yeah, smoothing out that initial pedal travel would be wonderful.
To flat brimmers that know no better, it probably makes the car feel crazy fast. :rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 am
:impressive:

The new Cherokee's look WAY better than the old ones too. They should have all the kinks worked out of the 9-speed as well.
I hope they do. That 9 speed was absolutely horrific when I test drove a Cherokee when they first came out.
They had to have made it better by now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 am

Well, I helped my friend just buy a 19 Cherokee with 9k on the hood, you can have a nicely optioned one at 20k which is pretty insane. The yoders will be far more expensive
Can't stand that transmission in the Cherokee. Spec wise it seems like a good fit for me with the V6 and good suspension travel, but that trans kills it. Grand Cherokee doe. But kind of a mom mobile at this point, and also rather large.
Have you driven one outside of the internet hearsay!?. I’d think they have the bugs worked out by now.
Grand cherokee is a full 10k more for no reason
ChrisoftheNorth

This is legit :notbad: :doe:

And the rear is massively improved:

ChrisoftheNorth

The trailhawk with plastic bumpers will hide scrapes from park by feel too...and they're probably not that hard or expensive to replace.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am This is legit :notbad: :doe:

The best part is the price and feature content. You can basically get 2 trailhawks for the price of 1 loaded rubicon. But it just doesn’t have “character” as they are churning out fwd versions at 16-8k
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am This is legit :notbad: :doe:

The best part is the price and feature content. You can basically get 2 trailhawks for the price of 1 loaded rubicon. But it just doesn’t have “character” as they are churning out fwd versions at 16-8k
I dunno, I think the trailhawk has plenty of "character" when compared to the rest of the compact SUV/CUV space.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:24 am
I dunno, I think the trailhawk has plenty of "character" when compared to the rest of the compact SUV/CUV space.
Seeing the 16-8k versions loaded up with dirty diapers and chrotchfruit at every dollar store kills it for me :(

Still like em tho ... but I can’t imagine owning one and not feeling like I have cheaped out...
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:17 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:11 am

The stock ramping is ridiculous. With the car in "Intelligent" you touch the pedal and the readout says it's at 10%. Go halfway down and it's claiming you're basically WOT. The WRX was worse than that if you can believe it. My car is undriveable in Sport Sharp mode from a stop. Fun in Sport on a back road where it wakes up.

But yeah, smoothing out that initial pedal travel would be wonderful.
To flat brimmers that know no better, it probably makes the car feel crazy fast. :rolleyes:
Got me, there's a lot of complaints about it from the flatbrim community though. That and "the factory tune sucks."
I mean if that's all that I don't really like about the car it's not bad overall.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am

Can't stand that transmission in the Cherokee. Spec wise it seems like a good fit for me with the V6 and good suspension travel, but that trans kills it. Grand Cherokee doe. But kind of a mom mobile at this point, and also rather large.
Have you driven one outside of the internet hearsay!?. I’d think they have the bugs worked out by now.
Grand cherokee is a full 10k more for no reason
Not recently but yes I did take a Cherokee TrailCAWK V6 out on a test drive back when. Uh. 2013? Really clunky and harsh shifts, extremely hesitant to downshift and then when it did it jumped 3 gears and revved the engine far too much. Really disjointed driving experience.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:24 am
I like the looks of them. Actually liked the pre-refresh a lot more because I found it unique. Personal preference doe.
They're full of features and pretty well loaded out. Apparently perform nicely off road too. The Wrangler has more character and feels more special to drive for sure, but not like this is exactly bad. I've liked the generic CUVs I've had as rentals, for the most part. Would certainly be easier to live with vs the Wrangler.
max225

Elon just tweeted that the model 3 with dual motors will be faster and better handling than an M3 :triggered:
:notsure:
Cost of all options, wheels, paint, etc is included (apart from Autopilot). Cost is $78k. About same as BMW M3, but 15% quicker & with better handling. Will beat anything in its class on the track.
Tesla dual motor, all-wheel drive performance Model 3:
3.5 sec 0-60mph
155 mph Top Speed
310 mile Range
:shock:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am Elon just tweeted that the model 3 with dual motors will be faster and better handling than an M3 :triggered:
Cost of all options, wheels, paint, etc is included (apart from Autopilot). Cost is $78k. About same as BMW M3, but 15% quicker & with better handling. Will beat anything in its class on the track.
3.5 sec 0-60mph
155 mph Top Speed
310 mile Range
The dude has gone :fullretard: comparing this to an M3. :yeahok: :koolaid:

3.5 to 60 is quite :plaid: :doe:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:29 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am Elon just tweeted that the model 3 with dual motors will be faster and better handling than an M3 :triggered:

That range is comparable to my car as well.... also the D version has got to be heavy... 4000lb+ so unless it rolls on 305 tires all around I don’t see how it can handle comparably... my car is on basically some of the best street tires around in fairly wide sizes and it has a pretty crazy suspension... how a model 3 will top is quite fascinating to me ...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 am

That range is comparable to my car as well.... also the D version has got to be heavy... 4000lb+ so unless it rolls on 305 tires all around I don’t see how it can handle comparably... my car is on basically some of the best street tires around in fairly wide sizes and it has a pretty crazy suspension... how a model 3 will top is quite fascinating to me ...
No way. He's gone full :koolaid:

Maybe on a drag strip...on the first pass of a fully charged battery the Model 3 will beat an M3 in the 1/8 mile. But that's it. M3 will be the superior car when it comes to any other sort of performance.
Johnny_P

Lower center of gravity will help handling. True torque vectoring. Double wishbone suspension vs McPherson struts. I dunno, I'm interested to see how it performs at least.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am

Lower center of gravity will help handling. True torque vectoring. Double wishbone suspension vs McPherson struts. I dunno, I'm interested to see how it performs at least.
The weight of a :truk: on :225: 's :doe:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:17 am To flat brimmers that know no better, it probably makes the car feel crazy fast. :rolleyes:
Got me, there's a lot of complaints about it from the flatbrim community though. That and "the factory tune sucks."
I mean if that's all that I don't really like about the car it's not bad overall.
I think it’s a personal taste thing. I actually had my tuner up the throttle response and I loved it for my commute through Philly. Better to dart in and out when on Broad.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

3.5 sec 0-60mph
155 mph Top Speed
310 mile Range
Of course the top speed is exactly the same as the m3 limiter
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:37 am

No way. He's gone full :koolaid:

Maybe on a drag strip...on the first pass of a fully charged battery the Model 3 will beat an M3 in the 1/8 mile. But that's it. M3 will be the superior car when it comes to any other sort of performance.
Yep. Its one and done and boring after that. Yo but dat auto - killing the pilot - system LOL :)
max225

Anotha one... man 2018 saw quite a few fatalities in the model S/X
3 Dead teens in florida in a (model S)
Cali Chinese dude that fucked himself into a median (Model X)
Cali Chinese dude in a lake (Model S)
Just like the positive press Tesla sure gets a lot of negative press as well... meanwhile... 30k ppl die annually in other vehicles....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/new ... 630798002/

Keith Leung, 34, of Danville, Calif.
:notsure: prob another one fooling autopilot with an orange stuck in the wheel

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

thinks so much about m3 performance, forgets the brakes. :lolol:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/consum ... sh-brakes/
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:34 pm thinks so much about m3 performance, forgets the brakes. :lolol:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/m3/2 ... st-review/

Meanwhile my car stops 60-0 in 101 feet :lol: a fucking full 50 feet less.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:39 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:34 pm thinks so much about m3 performance, forgets the brakes. :lolol:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/m3/2 ... st-review/

Meanwhile my car stops 60-0 in 101 feet :lol: a fucking full 50 feet less.

CR wrote in the report:

The Tesla’s stopping distance of 152 feet from 60 mph was far worse than any contemporary car we’ve tested and about 7 feet longer than the stopping distance of a Ford F-150 full-sized pickup.
:gaydance: