Dtraill27 buys a Mazda 6. Then proceeds to get backed in to 5 hours later

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 am You just had to get all dented up for the PDRBQ, didn't you.

:bruh:

Sorry man. :(

We can dent my rental altima
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dtraill27 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:32 pm Well this might be the shortest tire kicking thread in history. I actually bought the 6 I posted on Friday. Super easily deal, I was good with their price and they gave me 27k for the Taco which was top of KBB range so I just decided to pull the trigger rather than wait 3 months for no real reason and spend a ton on gas commuting.

Only one pic for now

:amaze: :math: :fuckyeah:

Because after having the car 5 hours it got backed into by a hit and run driver.

:rage: :rage: :rage:
:rage: :millennial: :rage:
:rage: :rage: :rage:

emoji responses within quoted text
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 pm fucking :millennial:
I don't think 17 year olds are actually :millennial: anymore. That blows though, what a shit. I hope they revoke his license.

Seems like an epic deal though, an almost brand new, nice car for that price! One of my buddy's had a 6 and I drove it, quite a nice car. I love the new Mazdas.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dtraill27 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:32 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 am You just had to get all dented up for the PDRBQ, didn't you.

:bruh:

Sorry man. :(

Rental car is the fastest car
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 am

Rental car is the fastest car....in the world
FIFY
brain go brrrrrr
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

The CVT is bonkers in this thing tach is literally bouncing all over all of the time
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dtraill27 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 am

The CVT is bonkers in this thing tach is literally bouncing all over all of the time
The Nissan CVT is truly the worst, I don't understand how/why anyone buys those cars, they're awful.
Johnny_P

I know. I had a rental Altima and wanted to put it into a tree after an hour with it. Accelerates boat. My friend's Impreza did not do this.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am

The Nissan CVT is truly the worst, I don't understand how/why anyone buys those cars, they're awful.
Good empeegeez doe
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am

Good empeegeez doe
So does :poorvette: :doe:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Those wheels look nice.. 1k on cosmetic upgrades isn't in the cards for me.

There is a lot that can be done to these cars to make them stand out.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Finally got some progress and the repairs started. Estimate was for $1800. Repairs should be completed by Friday fingers crossed
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

dtraill27 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:14 pm Finally got some progress and the repairs started. Estimate was for $1800. Repairs should be completed by Friday fingers crossed
don't forget to put the NEEK sticker
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:14 pm Finally got some progress and the repairs started. Estimate was for $1800. Repairs should be completed by Friday fingers crossed
:dat:
Not truly fixed until :neek: is afixed.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 pm
lol I'm definitely putting it in the rental somewhere
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Car was finished yesterday and was able to pick up this morning. Still only one pic as I have to take it back to the shop. Paint looks great to me but the hood still needs to be adjusted for alignment and the auto up/down on the passenger window isn't working. I'm assuming they hooked something up incorrectly when they reassembled the door.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:00 am The auto up/down function likely just needs reinitialization.

Try holding the window switch down for 10 secs beyond the window being all the way down. And same thing for all the way up. Should fix it.
We all know it’s not working because there’s no :neek: sticker on gas cap door.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

:fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dtraill27 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:54 pm Car was finished yesterday and was able to pick up this morning. Still only one pic as I have to take it back to the shop. Paint looks great to me but the hood still needs to be adjusted for alignment and the auto up/down on the passenger window isn't working. I'm assuming they hooked something up incorrectly when they reassembled the door.

sweeeet
brain go brrrrrr
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I guess the question we have now is where was :neek: placed on the rental car?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

dtraill27 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 pm
Davestr wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:00 pm Man I am happy and sad/angry for you. Hopefully that dipshite of a kid gets whats coming to him. LIke some well earned time in Juvi and and his jaw busted. WTF. I have zero patience or care for that level of sheer stupidity anymore. I Hope the repair goes well and you are truly happy with this purchase. Seems solid!
Thanks, yeah I was livid but kept my cool with the cop and their insurance so hopefully everything goes smoothly. I have used this shop 3 times in the past so I trust their work. Overall this purchase might have been the smartest car move I've ever made now hopefully I can just get the repair done and enjoy it.
you are super lucky you were able to track the dipshit down. Ive been hit by no less than 4 drivers that became differing degrees of hit and run. Its a HUGE pain in the ass and drawn out claims process. Even with plate and description of driver, most cops are super :aintcare: "thats what you have your insurance for"....
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:09 am I guess the question we have now is where was :neek: placed on the rental car?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I went with standard gas cap placement. I wish I saw rudys visor mirror before I returned it cause I would have went with that lol
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

dubshow wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:06 am
dtraill27 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks, yeah I was livid but kept my cool with the cop and their insurance so hopefully everything goes smoothly. I have used this shop 3 times in the past so I trust their work. Overall this purchase might have been the smartest car move I've ever made now hopefully I can just get the repair done and enjoy it.
you are super lucky you were able to track the dipshit down. Ive been hit by no less than 4 drivers that became differing degrees of hit and run. Its a HUGE pain in the ass and drawn out claims process. Even with plate and description of driver, most cops are super :aintcare: "thats what you have your insurance for"....
Yup as far as hit and runs go I was incredibly lucky there was a witness and that another waitress knew the party that left. Even still the first week the car just sat at the body shop because the driver wouldn't call his insurance back.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:00 am The auto up/down function likely just needs reinitialization.

Try holding the window switch down for 10 secs beyond the window being all the way down. And same thing for all the way up. Should fix it.
Sweet! I'll give this a shot at lunch
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

dtraill27 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:23 am
dubshow wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:06 am

Yup as far as hit and runs go I was incredibly lucky there was a witness and that another waitress knew the party that left. Even still the first week the car just sat at the body shop because the driver wouldn't call his insurance back.
It is safe to assume that because of this, his insurance will either :plaid: him in the :knot: with increased premiums, OR, drop him altogether.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.