Crangshaft Aftermath: Deep Kosher Roast

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:06 am Have you even confirmed with your own :crang: eyes that your car is in fact, leaking?

Or is that another juicy detail foisted upon you by the fine upstanding gentlemen at Jack Daniels VW?
Oh, I saw it. So unless they painted the oil drips on the undercarriage of my car...it's definitely leaking, AND I've smelled the oil/seen the smoke coming from the hood from the oil splatter after driving for a bit.
:crang:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:06 am Have you even confirmed with your own :crang: eyes that your car is in fact, leaking?

Or is that another juicy detail foisted upon you by the fine upstanding gentlemen at Jack Daniels VW?
I still can't believe that he took it back there. There are about 4 other dealerships within a 5 mile radius.

Leaking RMS on a 60k mile MK6 isn't uncommon. The RMS is the weakest gasket on the engine and leaks if/when the PCV valve shits the bed. Valve cover and timing chain cover are interlinked, and all related as they're the next weakest gasket in a crank overpressure condition. BUT. Drive the car easy and out of boost and it doesn't typically leak. He could have made it there, just top off the oil, keep a bottle of oil in the trunk just in case, and drive like a grandma out to you.

Fucking hilarious that all those gaskets are shit, as JD had to fuck with the VC and timing cover and PCV when they "fixed" his camshaft.
Johnny_P

Well. What's done is done. At least you made ONE right call in getting rid of your shitwagon and into something far more reliable. Don't necessarily agree on how you got there but whatever. The CX5 shouldn't need anything for a long time, they're reliable machines.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:34 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:03 am
I did not know this.

Also - who knows what else could go wrong with the car, you know? There were leaks in multiple areas. Coming from turbo pipe or something, RMS, and the chain areas. All I need is a chain to snap or something and the car is toast.

Zil, I truly am sorry. I wish I could make it up to you. I really do respect you and God, I appreciate what you did yesterday. Seriously. I wish you could be in my shoes for a second so you could feel my emotions and thoughts. Seriously, not being gay here .
YOUR SHOES?!? You think YOU'RE the victim here? Dude. WHAT THE FUCK.
wtf? I wasn't saying that I was a victim, I was saying so you could understand what I am feeling. Jeez.
:crang:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I did not know this.

Also - who knows what else could go wrong with the car, you know? There were leaks in multiple areas. Coming from turbo pipe or something, RMS, and the chain areas. All I need is a chain to snap or something and the car is toast.

Zil, I truly am sorry. I wish I could make it up to you. I really do respect you and God, I appreciate what you did yesterday. Seriously. I wish you could be in my shoes for a second so you could feel my emotions and thoughts. Seriously, not being gay here .
Yea, uhhh wow.

:mindblown: New level of :wtf:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nuggstein wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:39 am

wtf? I wasn't saying that I was a victim, I was saying so you could understand what I am feeling. Jeez.
You are attempting to get us to empathize with you after you repeatedly ignored sage advice given by a handful of us since MARCH. You expect us to understand how you’re feeling and the “situation” you went through when in reality you did this to yourself.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Selfish asshole you mean?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:48 am
You are attempting to get us to empathize with you after you repeatedly ignored sage advice given by a handful of us since MARCH. You expect us to understand how you’re feeling and the “situation” you went through when in reality you did this to yourself.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:40 am
Yea, uhhh wow.

:mindblown: New level of :wtf:
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills
The :derp: just never ceases to amaze. Just when I think it couldn't possibly get worse, this happens. We've got be :trollface: 'd or something, right?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

nuggstein wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:30 am
I understand and appreciate the work Zil put in to this for me...but the reality is, it wasn't worth the $600 I could save by driving an hour and a half (twice) with more risk of the car breaking down, getting another CEL, etc. when the the dealer near me is 20 minutes away.
Boo fucking Hoo.

Look fuckhead, when you work a deal with someone, especially someone you know and are supposed to be friends with you follow through. Now, if you had decided to back down all together and tell [user not found] up front you weren't going to buy that would be one thing. However, going to another dealer to save yourself a little time in the car is fucking bullshit amatuer hour crap that a fucking weasel would pull.

I don't want to quote Max here and get in trouble, but you sure are living up to the stereotype.

I drive 1.5 hours each way on my normal commute every day. I drove 5 hours in traffic to buy my JKU because the deal was right. I drove 3.5 hours to get my 1LE because the deal was good. I drove 4 hours to get my JLU because the dealer was good to me. I flew to Los Angeles and drove 7 hours home to buy my 1999 Camaro SS because the salesman worked a good deal for me.

You know what the difference here is (besides I followed through with my word)? I didn't know these salesman other than talking to them in email and on the phone for a short time.

nuggstein wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:30 am
But fuck me, right?
For once, you get it. Now, just remember this.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

nuggstein wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:30 am I was not the only one making this purchase, so there were other decisions involved.
Out of everything said, this bothers me the most.

Who do you need to seek approval from to purchase a car?
When I was your age I was buying a house,.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I did not know this.

The car was toast in March. If you had fixed it the $6500 way, these leaks would have been addressed. We advised fixing it the cheap way and getting out of it... because there was no way to tell what else could go wrong.

You fixed it the cheap way and kept it. And broke more shit. And went back to a place that routinely fucks you. Of course they're going to tell you things need attention... every time they do, you open your wallet and give them whatever they ask for! You've got a dozen people waving your hands about that place, and you crawl right back to them.

You're beyond help. You beg for help. You get TONS of fantastic help from people that genuinely cared and wanted to help you out. You shit on all of it, and put yourself right back into the same situation. Asked for help again... then shit all over it again.

You keep getting into these shitty situations because you don't learn. You just do it over, and over, and over...

Anyway: here's a link for tuning the 2.5 in the CX5. Go blow it up and have them help you fix it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Garbage human.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:06 amGarbage human.
:lolol: :dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:06 amGarbage human.
:lolol: :dat:
:lolol:
Johnny_P

Oh wow :popcorn:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:01 am I don't want to quote Max here and get in trouble, but you sure are living up to the stereotype.
Eh....

....it's been said elsewhere.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:04 am
I did not know this.

The car was toast in March. If you had fixed it the $6500 way, these leaks would have been addressed. We advised fixing it the cheap way and getting out of it... because there was no way to tell what else could go wrong.

You fixed it the cheap way and kept it. And broke more shit. And went back to a place that routinely fucks you. Of course they're going to tell you things need attention... every time they do, you open your wallet and give them whatever they ask for! You've got a dozen people waving your hands about that place, and you crawl right back to them.

You're beyond help. You beg for help. You get TONS of fantastic help from people that genuinely cared and wanted to help you out. You shit on all of it, and put yourself right back into the same situation. Asked for help again... then shit all over it again.

You keep getting into these shitty situations because you don't learn. You just do it over, and over, and over...

Anyway: here's a link for tuning the 2.5 in the CX5. Go blow it up and have them help you fix it.
Wanna sell me some POTML-certified safety and emissions inspection stickers?
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:01 am I don't want to quote Max here and get in trouble, but you sure are living up to the stereotype.
Eh....

....it's been said elsewhere.

5/7 gif right there.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am
fledonfoot wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:04 am

Wanna sell me some POTML-certified safety and emissions inspection stickers?
Come in saturday? I'll be here.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

All sounds like a bunch of bullshit excuses to me.

Why is the world would anyone ever have to make two trips to buy a car? Put a desposit down with the dealership to have them acquire the car, get whatever signature is necessary for the title work, get pre-approved for financing if not going through the dealership, notify your insurance agent on what date the coverage will need to switch, then go to the dealer and do the transaction.

The Grand Touring being sold is fucking irrelevant. Any dealer can trade with another to get whatever car you're looking for.

Even when Zil had the best :dill:, :crang: still wouldn't give him the business because of some perceived but very made up road blocks. It's all rather :mindblown:.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Even if he wasn't going to buy the car that day I bet Zil would have helped out with a loaner or a ride in the magic school bus to avoid two trips in the gti
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dtraill27 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 am Even if he wasn't going to buy the car that day I bet Zil would have helped out with a loaner or a ride in the magic school bus to avoid two trips in the gti
Alternate Universe:

Crang: Hey Z, I'd love to buy from you but I'm concerned about driving my timebomb down there and back if it takes two trips.

[user not found]: I got you fam. Drive it down and grab a loaner for a day or two to get everything situated. Drive back down and roll out in your new whip.

Crang: :fuckyeah:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I did not know this.

He will always be the victim, throughout his entire life under any difficult circumstances. That’s how he’s wired.
:therapist:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Apex wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:58 am
dtraill27 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 am Even if he wasn't going to buy the car that day I bet Zil would have helped out with a loaner or a ride in the magic school bus to avoid two trips in the gti
Alternate Universe:

Crang: Hey Z, I'd love to buy from you but I'm concerned about driving my timebomb down there and back if it takes two trips.

[user not found]: I got you fam. Drive it down and grab a loaner for a day or two to get everything situated. Drive back down and roll out in your new whip.

Crang: :fuckyeah:
Can I be taller in this alternate universe?
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!