Crangshaft Aftermath: Deep Kosher Roast

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:wtf: is a "bleeder block"?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm :wtf: is a "bleeder block"?
Another reason my next car will be automatic. All these "comfort" driving aids for manual transmissions can suck a dick.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm :wtf: is a "bleeder block"?
Another reason my next car will be automatic. All these "comfort" driving aids for manual transmissions can suck a dick.
Still explains nothing.

I'll ALWAYS have a fun :manuel: car, but a good auto (or no trans at all EV) is 5/7 for DD duties.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

fledonfoot wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm Totally off topic per usual at DFD but did you ever do the bleeder block on the GTI?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yes. Completely changes the car. It's the best $120 i've ever spent on anything automotive EVER.
You cereal? You did the ECS one right?

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 pm
fledonfoot wrote:
Yes. Completely changes the car. It's the best $120 i've ever spent on anything automotive EVER.
You cereal? You did the ECS one right?

Yes. I work with a few techs that own GTI's and GLI's. They drove it and instantly bought the part.

Takes the weird dead-zone feeling and makes it feel like an actual pedal again. It's awesome.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Question here: if my lease is due by July should I replace PCV valve?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 pm You cereal? You did the ECS one right?

Yes. I work with a few techs that own GTI's and GLI's. They drove it and instantly bought the part.

Takes the weird dead-zone feeling and makes it feel like an actual pedal again. It's awesome.
It's still driving me crazy in the GoRf. I guess I'll be ordering one.

What's weird is that I never really noticed that dead zone in my Mk6 and had no problems driving it smoothly.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm Question here: if my lease is due by July should I replace PCV valve?
Are you still under warranty with your 94 year lease?
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm Question here: if my lease is due by July should I replace PCV valve?
Depends...if it's dead and causes bigger issues, you could be on the hook for serious :waxer: at turn-in.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm
Are you still under warranty with your 94 year lease?
And :dat:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 pm

I don't even understand why they bother - anyone who knows how to drive a stick would prefer the feel of the car without the delay valve.

All that delay valve does is increase clutch wear and tear.
:triggered:
razr390

See I don’t kno if I want to jump to conclusions considering the circumstances. I’ll see what behavior the car exhibits over the next few weeks and see if it requires attention.

Circumstances:
1. I was driving car hard.
2. Up ramp and hard right turn in a parking garage.
3. 2,000 miles away from 10,000 service interval.
4. Drove from FL to VA to move
5. Different driving habits due to different traffic flows.
6. Owners Manuel states if “oil pressure low” warning light comes on and you’re actually low on oil then it’s not a issue. If I had normal levels of oil and the pressure light came on it would be a bigger issue.

I’m gonna closely monitor it week by week and see if it exhibits other characteristics that would warrant me :nope: out of the car.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm See I don’t kno if I want to jump to conclusions considering the circumstances. I’ll see what behavior the car exhibits over the next few weeks and see if it requires attention.

Circumstances:
6. Owners Manuel states if “oil pressure low” warning light comes on and you’re actually low on oil then it’s not a issue. If I had normal levels of oil and the pressure light came on it would be a bigger issue.

I’m gonna closely monitor it week by week and see if it exhibits other characteristics that would warrant me :nope: out of the car.
:doomed:

Time for :truk:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote:
razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm See I don’t kno if I want to jump to conclusions considering the circumstances. I’ll see what behavior the car exhibits over the next few weeks and see if it requires attention.

Circumstances:

:doomed:

Time for :truk:
:dat:

:truk: :truk: :truk:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote:
I'd try getting the fuck out of the car ASAP or doing the work. Your call. :crang:

BUT WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
I gotta say that I am :mindblown: AF about this 2.0 correlation to GTI problems.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It's like the GTI senses weakness. :notsure:
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:51 pm It's like the GTI senses weakness. :notsure:
I mean I WAS delegated to be :crang: 2.0

I carry the burden of all :crang:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Though, screaming around at 5K+RPM won't help either.
He's a millennial. Don't tell him his actions have consequences.
:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm

That's not bad. I think he came out slightly ahead on the repair cost here.

Bad situation ended OK - we just need an actual health check report by KMD to see where this thread's going next.
$1800 and we don't know if it fixes everything. In fact it likely does not.
I'm still :amaze: that the :dillerman: didn't do a compression test or scope. I suppose I should be more :amaze: that :rang: refused to ask for either.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Circumstances:

I took a hard right turn once in my GTI. Got that light. Massive smoke cloud behind me. Apparently these cars can do direct oil injection in a high G right turn.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:00 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:59 pm
I'm still :amaze: that the :dillerman: didn't do a compression test or scope. I suppose I should be more :amaze: that :rang: refused to ask for either.
I wouldn't trust whatever the :dillerman: said as the compression test results. I'd rather a 3rd party do the test.
Yea, with this :dillerman: , good point.
wap

Circumstances:

Get in the habit of checking your oil weekly. I do mine every Saturday morning before I take it anywhere. You should never let your oil get that low and if you check it frequently enough, you won't.

#2, coupled with #1, is the likeliest cause of your issue, IMO.
razr390

wap wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Circumstances:

Get in the habit of checking your oil weekly. I do mine every Saturday morning before I take it anywhere. You should never let your oil get that low and if you check it frequently enough, you won't.

#2, coupled with #1, is the likeliest cause of your issue, IMO.

It was my bad and it’s a $16 lesson that prevents a $1,600 lesson. Thanks :wap: :wub:

I don’t want to overthink or overdiagnose the problems because car has been flawless outside of this instance
razr390

I have a feeling that moving to a different climate and the DC traffic plays a role too. All that stuff probably just piles up and it all decided to show itself at once.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:37 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:53 pm

I mean I WAS delegated to be :crang: 2.0

I carry the burden of all :crang:
I take the blame.
So you will fix my car?