:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Not in my age group I guess. I mean, they are ridiculous, and not in a good way. Dedong lift kit, Dedong engine, but too huge to really go on the trails, yes? Just a bromobile of epic proportion.
I like ridiculous. :iono: And I've seen a bunch out at the "local" off-road park.
Any full size truck is too big for most trails. The Raptor is even wider than most. It's really only good for bombing the desert and bro-ing out in the Dick's parking lot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote:
Apex wrote: I am ridiculous. :iono: And I've seen a bunch out at the "local" off-road park.
:dat:
Fax.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: Agreed.

Feels on dis?

+

http://www.mallettcars.com/now-taking-o ... canyon-v6/

= :lolol:
:ohdang:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:

Feels on dis?

Attractive.
:dat: :megusta:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Those hybrids were super cool, but few were sold. I imagine parts are bit difficult to find.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:

Those hybrids were super cool, but few were sold. I imagine parts are bit difficult to find.
It's got the 6.0L too, and is rated at 21mpg city.
:impressive: if true.

That's a definite candidate for the CarMax warranty.
:trollface:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Not in my age group I guess. I mean, they are ridiculous, and not in a good way. Dedong lift kit, Dedong engine, but too huge to really go on the trails, yes? Just a bromobile of epic proportion.
Agreed.

Feels on dis?

Dem Dick Wheels doe... :dong: :dong: :dong:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: :ohdang:

Yea, I remember reviewing one when I was a journalist. I actually used it to move from Phoenix to LA. It'll get up to about 20MPH on electric only, then the gas engine kicks in. SERIOUS fuel savings in the city, 21 is totally likely. I remember hitting traffic towing a Uhaul, and just gliding along in electric mode. IIRC, I got it up to 35MPH on electric while towing with very gentle throttle use.

GM lost money on every one made, it really only existed to appease the .gov but didn't sell well because there was zero marketing.

Would be a 5/7 candidate for the warranty.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:

Feels on dis?

Isn't that a plus on this forum? :iono:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote:

Yea, I remember reviewing one when I was a journalist. I actually used it to move from Phoenix to LA. It'll get up to about 20MPH on electric only, then the gas engine kicks in. SERIOUS fuel savings in the city, 21 is totally likely. I remember hitting traffic towing a Uhaul, and just gliding along in electric mode. IIRC, I got it up to 35MPH on electric while towing with very gentle throttle use.

GM lost money on every one made, it really only existed to appease the .gov but didn't sell well because there was zero marketing.

Yeah, the Prius was hitting full stride, and SUV sales were declining. They marketed their programs pretty well, but everyone knew the Hybrid trucks were a gimmick.
Plus it wasn't "Manly" to have a hybrid. Even though electric power assist would be :tits: for towing.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yea, I remember reviewing one when I was a journalist. I actually used it to move from Phoenix to LA. It'll get up to about 20MPH on electric only, then the gas engine kicks in. SERIOUS fuel savings in the city, 21 is totally likely. I remember hitting traffic towing a Uhaul, and just gliding along in electric mode. IIRC, I got it up to 35MPH on electric while towing with very gentle throttle use.

Yeah, the Prius was hitting full stride, and SUV sales were declining. They marketed their programs pretty well, but everyone knew the Hybrid trucks were a gimmick.
Plus it wasn't "Manly" to have a hybrid. Even though electric power assist would be :tits: for towing.
That's the thing, they weren't a gimmick. They were legit. If it could be had with a warranty (like this CarMax truck) it would be a great truck.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gimmick to appease the .gov.
They just added an elec motor to a proven drivetrain. It was a pretty good idea.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Kinda makes me wonder why I don't see this more often.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:Gimmick to appease the .gov.
They just added an elec motor to a proven drivetrain. It was a pretty good idea.
It was a bit more than that, all contained in the transmission. The motor acted as a torque converter in a way...super cool.

Little known: this was developed with Chrysler, who put the same system in Durangos and Aspens.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:

Feels on dis?

LOL. This forum ruins every peen wheel ever.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:Kinda makes me wonder why I don't see this more often.
You mean these trucks or the concept?

You don't see the concept because it's just too expensive. Until gas goes up, nobody's buying them.

You don't see the trucks because there were so few produced.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
LOL. This forum ruins every peen wheel ever.
It's kind of :impressive: how you people see :dong: in everything.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote:Kinda makes me wonder why I don't see this more often.
You mean these trucks or the concept?

You don't see the concept because it's just too expensive. Until gas goes up, nobody's buying them.

Cheap gas, yeah, that's why.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

maxtdi wrote:

Feels on dis?

It's a build in mud-depth gauge.

How deep are we?

Only balls deep.

Sweet, let me know when all that shows is just the tip.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: You mean these trucks or the concept?

Cheap gas, yeah, that's why.
:lolol:
max225

The hybrid truck concept made no sense... It was like $5k+ over a regular truck and quite a bit of extra weight. for only a marginal city only benefit. Also they weren't full blown hybrids in a way a prius was... AFAIK...

At $2 a gallon ain't nobody paying extra to save fuel..

The prius is STRUGGLING right now.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:The hybrid truck concept made no sense... It was like $5k+ over a regular truck and quite a bit of extra weight. for only a marginal city only benefit. Also they weren't full blown hybrids in a way a prius was... AFAIK...

What do you mean "full blown". I could hit 20mph+ or so on full electric. The city MPG was :impressive:
max225

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:The hybrid truck concept made no sense... It was like $5k+ over a regular truck and quite a bit of extra weight. for only a marginal city only benefit. Also they weren't full blown hybrids in a way a prius was... AFAIK...

What do you mean "full blown". I could hit 20mph+ or so on full electric. The city MPG was :impressive:
I thought it was a situation where the engine had to be on... or some "two mode" or whatever the marketing term that was used.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: What do you mean "full blown". I could hit 20mph+ or so on full electric. The city MPG was :impressive:
I thought it was a situation where the engine had to be on... or some "two mode" or whatever the marketing term that was used.
The one I drove would go in full electric, no engine on, until 20mph or so. Like I said, I even got it to 30 mph once.

Unless that was a ringer for the press, I assumed they all did that.