:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:30 am I think they're asking too much, but I'm a big fan of this one. White over black Z51, minimal options, but competition seats.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
:megusta:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Cool. I should get an M2.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote:
:doit: bloooooo

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:31 am
Johnny_P wrote:
:doit: bloooooo

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The blue is nice. I actually like the silver or black the most. Black for sure. But black :nope: so probably silver?

I don't see a scenario where this would actually happen though.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Maxima headlights ?! :jizz:
Johnny_P

Automatic too. Salvage title. Wow yeah winner winner chicken dinner where do I sign??
troyguitar

Lots of great cars for sale recently.

92CelicaHalfTrac;2209858 wrote:How much: $12k obo
Where: Indianapolis
What: 1999 Twilight Blue LS
Mileage: 57k
Why: Because this car is being wasted on a 3.2 mile commute.

Modifications:

Exterior:
NB2 tail lights

Interior:
NA6 black cloth seats
NA6 black loop carpet
NB2 black dash
Jetstream shorty console w/ trunk/gas release cover
Revlimiter custom "Unity" cluster
Works Bell hub
ATC Sprint D cut 330mm steering wheel (blue stitched) OR Momo Monte Carlo 350mm (blue stitched)
Carbing high-grip shift knob (blue)
Airbag(s) removed
Soft top removed
Jass Performance hardtop brackets
ORIGINAL TO THE CAR oem paint matched hardtop w/ working defrost
All interior switches/panels updated to NB2 pieces for amber/red backlighting, the correct way. Including HVAC panel.
Sun visors removed w/ plates

Suspension/wheels/tires/brakes
Hater's infamous "Zyduhz." Whitener-valved MSM bilsteins, Bauer LTD sleeves/perches (circlip relocated on shocks lower to avoid cutting sleeves), Eibach sliders, Hyperco CS100 tender springs, Hyperco 700/400 main springs, custom cut bumpstops, Maruha 20mm extended top hats front, Vteckiller2000FAB 2" extended hats rear.
Racing Beat 1.25" front bar w/ blocks
MSM rear bar w/ Supermiata poly bushings
V8R heim endlinks front and rear
Complete NB2 Sport Brake swap. Calipers, rotors, brackets, 15/16" master cylinder, matching booster. (Centric rotors, Stoptech Street Performance pads)
Supermiata SS braided brake lines
15x8.5 +25 Konig Hypergrams in whatever the grey/blue color is
949 Racing black lug nuts and stems
205/50r15 Maxxis VR1s
Professional depowered steering rack (John Wag)
V8R billet steering rack bushings
Garagestar fender braces
Garagestar frame rails

Driveline:
BP5A intake cam
BP5A ecu
BP5A FPR (fuel system converted to return style)
K&N Typhoon intake
Racing Beat header
Racing Beat midpipe
Racing Beat Power Pulse muffler
6spd swap (Late NB2)
4.30 Type 2 Torsen
Miataroadster Tall/angled shifter
ACT HDSS clutch
ACT Pro-Lite flywheel
Supermiata SS extended clutch line
AWR 70A motor mounts (V8R billet modular 62A mounts included, brand new)
Miataroadster delrin diff mounts
Mishimoto aluminum radiator (stock fans)
Garagestar radiator cooling panel (wrinkle black)
Supermiata QMAX reroute
LRB Speed undertray
Circuit Sports aluminum coolant overflow tank
Revlimiter oil cap (forget which model, it's in the build thread. i have matching keychain)

EMISSIONS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. CA RESIDENTS NEED NOT APPLY.

Extras not installed, but included in asking price (All items BNIB)
Morimoto LED 3" fog lights and necessary brackets/hardware to mount, includes yellow LaminX film pre-cut for these.
Morimoto H1 Mini retrofit kit (complete, everything you need)
LRB Speed "hybrid" door panels with blue pulls (NA6 upper pads included)
KA Injection aluminum "unicorn bracket"
V8R Billet modular 62A motor mounts
Beatrush PPF triangle brace

The Awesome
This thing is sticky, makes good noises, has great power, pulls hard, runs like a top, has cold AC, rides great, looks incredible. You can add your own stereo and swap in the lighting products i have for ultimate street car Miata, or you can simply add a roll bar and seats for a ready-to-rock track car. I SUSPECT that this car would be faster around a track than Hater. It certainly makes more power, runs better, and is less aero-limited due to having a stock body and a not-stupid wheel/tire setup.

Fresh 60k service including all fluids. (It wasn't even due.) Amsoil in the diff/trans, Rotella T6 in the engine, ATE200 in the hydraulics. Replaced all clutch hydraulics at the same time. The entire build has about 2000 miles on it.

The Not-So-Awesome
The car is generally in incredible condition for something that's nearly 20 years old at this point. The only real noticeable cosmetic blemishes are a couple weird dents in the hood (they aren't large, but they are there), and the bottom hardtop trim/welting is old/brittle/not adhering well. It should be replaced, or removed entirely. I see lots of hardtops without this part at all.
There isn't a stereo. I haven't gotten to that. Circumstances dictated that i needed to press this into DD service before i had time to finish up the last of the non-mechanical things.
It's a little loud inside. The exhaust is pretty quiet, but deep. It may be resonating a bit, but i think the bulk of the noise is due to the motor mounts. The lower durometer (and much bigger bushing'd) V8R engine mounts are to correct that.

The Price.
Yes.... i really did say $12k. You're going to have a rough time finding an NB with these miles in this condition, let alone one that's been COMPLETELY gone through like i did with this.

That said... if you're looking for a stock car to build yourself, click the back button. If you're looking for a car that's built anything like this and want to save a few grand (i feel sick), this is your car. Buy now.

Image2018-08-15_12-09-38 by concealer404, on Flickr
troyguitar

Ron Earp;2209864 wrote:Up for sale is our 1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. The 1988 model year is the coveted year for Fieros as it is the last year of product and it is the only year that received the new suspension geometry in the rear that finally allowed the car to shine.

This Formula is all stock and is in wonderful shape – everything works just as it should and it is a native Florida car so it was never exposed to salt in the Northeast or Midwest. NO RUST. The Pontiac 2.8L High Output V6 puts out 140hp and 170 lb*ft of torque, it runs very well. Gearbox is the five speed manual transmission and the car has disc brakes at each corner. This Formula is a stripper, the fastest of the breed, and has no options at all.

The only non-stock modifications are:

*The base model radio has been modified for an auxiliary input for phone connection. It works great, use your phone for music, podcasts, navigation etc. (I will fix that bezel crack in picture before delivery, it is driving me nuts)
*The seats have been reupholstered in leather with the Fiero logo. These are quite nice and available from Fiero suppliers. They have wear but no tears at all.
*Polyurethane bushings throughout the car and they look to be relatively new, in the last five years or so. They do not need replacement.
*The exhaust system has no catalytic converter. Would be no problem to put one on and I'll weld one in place if you need it.

I acquired the car in Florida from the fourth owner and brought it North Carolina. I’ve been through the car extensively and have replaced all of the following:

*New headliner, sunshade, weather seals in trunk & sunroof, new headlight switch, and some smaller items
*Shifter cable replacement and rebuild – all new components here from Rodney Dickman Fiero, shifts well
*Steering rack rebuild using Rodney Dickman’s rebuild kit, the rack is tight and car steers very well
*Rebuilt headlight motors with rebuild kits from the Fiero store
*New AC drier, compressor , cleaned evaporator– AC was working but it is now absolutely ice cold, works wonderfully
*New alternator – original was functioning but at 30 years old doesn’t hurt to replace it
*New brake rotors and pads on all four corners
*New spark plugs, ignition module, distributor cap and rotor
*New fuel pump and tank ring – original worked fine but 30 years it was time to replace it
*New front shocks and rear struts
*New tires and alignment
*New speakers in factory locations
*New paint – factory color, new Formula side graphics. Original white was faded and the car needed freshening. Paint isn't perfect but it is pretty good.

All of these items were to make sure the car is reliable and as good as it can be. It is a 30 year old car but it looks great. It has some wear of course but everything is 100% functioning, works well, and this car can be driven anywhere without concern. There is an oil pan oil seepage but it isn’t worth the trouble to fix as it only spots a bit of oil, otherwise no other concerns or worries. It does everything a Fiero should do – drives well, has lots of grunt, handles nicely, has cold AC, great stereo that is period vintage but you can plug your phone into for access to modern modes of music. The car needs nothing – buy it to drive and enjoy.

Why am I selling? I’m an SCCA racer and have serial car project disease. I had a Fiero back in 1985 and 1986, so, when I saw this car for sale I wanted to buy it and let my daughter drive it for old time’s sake. I bought the car, fixed all the issues and we’ve been enjoying it. However, we’ve got too many cars in the stable and we want to thin the herd. The car shows 138k on the clock and I suspect that is somewhat accurate. Car fax shows a odometer discrepancy many years ago but I suspect that is from odometer replacement. Clean NC title in my name.

$7400 asking price and I would like to see it go to a good home. I absolutely do think this car can be driven anywhere and mean that, unlike the guy that sold it to me in FL and it wasn't ready for a trip across town. My daughter drives this car and I'd not think twice about her driving it out of state, other than the fact I haven't let her drive out of state yet!

troyguitar

Greg Amy;2209027 wrote:I'm trying to work out a deal to buy Keith's 2018 Alltrack, so the 2016 Golf SportWagen needs to move.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/2 ... 68710.html

For reference, CarMax offered $10k. That ain't gonna cut it. Advertising it at $13.9k, more than willing to cut a deal for a Sandboxer. And since I'd have to drive down to VA Beach to recover Keith's car, can deliver in between. And you make it the right price I'll do the 60k service before it leaves my place.

troyguitar

This one is down to $12k OBO. 2003 Boxster S with 22k miles in dark blue.

d15b7;2205786 wrote:i'm the second owner, 22k miles orig miles, 6 speed, 18" (911 turbo look i guess?) wheels, glass window, everything works, interior very nice, no rust, top is great and works great. I bought this in the spring and was planning on keeping it but I just ended up buying another car (going to pick it up in a couple hours in fact!) that I hadn't planned on and now this needs to go too (at the very least either this or my Lexus as I don't have the room to park all of them!). car runs great, feels great. paint is good but could use a correction to look it's best (little scratches and swirls). there is a 'bleed' that just happened about a month ago on the right hand edge of the fan speed display. doesn't seem to affect anything but I wanted you guys to see it. I just changed the oil about 500 miles ago (5w-40 Ardeca synth european formula with Mahle filter) and new Mahle air filter plus cleaned the MAF for good measure. it's due for spark plugs (its on the originals still) and I have 6 new correct Beru plugs here but haven't installed them yet. please see pics attached for more info including a pic of the 'code' sheet for the car with all it's options. I have a folder with some/most receipts from the original owner (a nice older lady, and i'm not joking!). comes with original Porsche owners manual/books. I'm pricing it under KBB for a hopefully quick sale. car is at my house just outside of Newark DE.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12901[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12902[/ATTACH]

Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

German tuned/restorod full on amazing. 50,000$+ with 43 bids. Really really cool!
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:00 am
:gag: :butwhy:
:dat:
:gag: :nope:
wap

wap

wap

troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:28 pm This one is down to $12k OBO. 2003 Boxster S with 22k miles in dark blue.

Link to post?

Done right, a 986 can look pretty great.
Try this:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I know these things hold a little bit of value, but lol. There's no c5 or c6 that's beat enough to be a 1:1 trade for this.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d ... 74049.html
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Acid666 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:05 pm I know these things hold a little bit of value, but lol. There's no c5 or c6 that's beat enough to be a 1:1 trade for this.

He's like $10,000 off what that truck is worth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:05 pm I know these things hold a little bit of value, but lol. There's no c5 or c6 that's beat enough to be a 1:1 trade for this.

He's like $10,000 off what that truck is worth.
NO LOW BALLERS I NO WHAT I HAVE
max225

I saw one shitty modded one for 25k here. People are nuts to pay that kind of money for this vehicle