Ask any racer, any real racer...

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: motorcycle

wap wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 am
jackfrank wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:21 am Great fun forever.......
New, fresh :meat: ??

:megusta:
:lickit: :hai:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

jackfrank wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:14 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 am

New, fresh :meat: ??

:megusta:
:howdy:
So what's your story? Who are you and how did you find our little demented corner of the interwebs?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait

wap wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:02 pm
jackfrank wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:14 pm

:howdy:
So what's your story? Who are you and how did you find our little demented corner of the interwebs?
Hey, I have no story, just want to something to a real racer about the motorcycle riding earplugs. My name is Jack Frank from SC, USA. When searching something in the google and then see your interwebs and raise a keen interest in my mind.
Thanks with my best regards.
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait

Hey Wap, I am glad that I am here and think this forum help me to learn something.
wap

jackfrank wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:58 am Hey Wap, I am glad that I am here and think this forum help me to learn something.
:fuckyeah:
You should stick around and get yourself a real avatar. :like:
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait

wap wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:08 pm
jackfrank wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:58 am Hey Wap, I am glad that I am here and think this forum help me to learn something.
:like: afcourse
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

jackfrank wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:11 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 am

Another motorcyclist? Is this :fakenews: or :fuckyeah:
:lolgasm: :rage:
proper usage. :notbad:

plz see our motorcycle :bread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50&start=2350
wap

jackfrank wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:06 am
wap wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:08 pm

:well:
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait

wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm
jackfrank wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:06 am

:mindblown:
wap

jackfrank wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:35 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm

:mindblown:
:notsure:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I’ve never really partaken in this thread, but figured I’d hop in as I’ve been doing a bit more track day bro stuff.

I did my first TNIA last week and loved it. We have a few each year at Charlotte Motor Speedway on the Roval, which was quite different from any other tracks I’ve driven and a lot of fun. Nothing like accelerating up to 125+ all the way in the throttle through those huge banked turns.

TNIA was super laid back and great bang for buck from a time and money perspective. I also noticed quite a few Boxsters and S2000s running with no sign of a broomstick test or similar which I thought was interesting.

I’m going to do another track night on 6/26 at Carolina Motorsports Park where I usually run.

Other possibilities during the remainder of this year or next are VIR, Road Atlanta, possibly Dominion Raceway (went in my GTI and it was a neat track). If a DFD :meat: up at Barber or PittRace ever went down, I’d be interested.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:04 am I’ve never really partaken in this thread, but figured I’d hop in as I’ve been doing a bit more track day bro stuff.

I did my first TNIA last week and loved it. We have a few each year at Charlotte Motor Speedway on the Roval, which was quite different from any other tracks I’ve driven and a lot of fun. Nothing like accelerating up to 125+ all the way in the throttle through those huge banked turns.

TNIA was super laid back and great bang for buck from a time and money perspective. I also noticed quite a few Boxsters and S2000s running with no sign of a broomstick test or similar which I thought was interesting.

I’m going to do another track night on 6/26 at Carolina Motorsports Park where I usually run.

Other possibilities during the remainder of this year or next are VIR, Road Atlanta, possibly Dominion Raceway (went in my GTI and it was a neat track). If a DFD :meat: up at Barber or PittRace ever went down, I’d be interested.
I could probably make a PittRace :meat: Would be 5/7.

TNIA is way more laid back than most events I've been to...I thought I recall them saying the point was to get out and have fun, not getting caught up in broomstick tests and whatnot. When I went, they didn't even check the SNELL sticker in my helmet, just wanted to see that I had a helmet. I really enjoyed it overall.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:56 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:04 am I’ve never really partaken in this thread, but figured I’d hop in as I’ve been doing a bit more track day bro stuff.

TNIA is way more laid back than most events I've been to...I thought I recall them saying the point was to get out and have fun, not getting caught up in broomstick tests and whatnot. When I went, they didn't even check the SNELL sticker in my helmet, just wanted to see that I had a helmet. I really enjoyed it overall.
They did check my helmet but that was it, took me at my word with my tech form.

I actually just signed up for another TNIA event on the 26th, only $135 with a promo code. Pretty killer deal for me, living in “America’s Home For Racing” is proving to have its perks.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:56 am

I actually just signed up for another TNIA event on the 26th, only $135 with a promo code. Pretty killer deal for me, living in “America’s Home For Racing” is proving to have its perks.
Living in the "Motor City" is incredibly :| for driving. It's remarkable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 pm

:sad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

"Motor City" doesn't care about curves, just the Image
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:21 pm
"Motor City" doesn't care about curves, just the Image
Pretty much :burnout:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Anyone watch Le Mans this past weekend? Read about some post-race shenanigans with the GTE Am Ford GT.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 am Anyone watch Le Mans this past weekend? Read about some post-race shenanigans with the GTE Am Ford GT.
I did not but I will catch the recap. Yes, there is some FIA rulings coming down about fuel flow rates and tank sizes.
brain go brrrrrr
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:44 pm
jackfrank wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 am

Hey, I have no story, just want to something to a real racer about the motorcycle riding earplugs. My name is Jack Frank from SC, USA. When searching something in the google and then see your interwebs and raise a keen interest in my mind.
Thanks with my best regards.
AI programming has evolved. :impressive:

:notsure:
Thanks a lot.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I spent 3 days at a private track event at Grattan Raceway in Michigan. I’ll post more videos as I get them uploaded, but here’s a video chasing my buddy Sharad on an NSF250 w/ an NSR250 engine (I think). I’m on the RVF400 (Castrol bike)

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Racer bros of DFD. I'm about to go to my first autocross with the R this weekend and I was wondering what I should do in between runs. At the philly events there's a decent amount of time between runs and since there are so many cars it makes sense to turn it off. I did this when I ran my GTI but I have no idea if that contributed to that cars amazing ability to eat waterpumps and have a multitude of other issues.

The fans on the R kick on way more frequently than they did on the Mk6 but I still don't know when I should shut it off. Should I wait till I see a specific oil temp? I guess how :wasteful: should I be with gas before turning the car off?

Also, the R is B Street so as of right now it's 2 GT350's and a Z4 M coupe in the same class. :dafuq:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 pm Racer bros of DFD. I'm about to go to my first autocross with the R this weekend and I was wondering what I should do in between runs. At the philly events there's a decent amount of time between runs and since there are so many cars it makes sense to turn it off. I did this when I ran my GTI but I have no idea if that contributed to that cars amazing ability to eat waterpumps and have a multitude of other issues.

The fans on the R kick on way more frequently than they did on the Mk6 but I still don't know when I should shut it off. Should I wait till I see a specific oil temp? I guess how :wasteful: should I be with gas before turning the car off?

Also, the R is B Street so as of right now it's 2 GT350's and a Z4 M coupe in the same class. :dafuq:
its a car. I doubt the cycling of the engine on the TSI in the R is any more detrimental then it is on any other engine.

You should turn off and open hood to avoid heat soak.

Chalk the tires and run 40-45 psi. drop it between runs till the edge of the chalk is on the edge of the tread on the front. Use the rear to fine tune ballance (more air = more oversteer/less understeer)
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I think they moved the R and most AWD cars down to DS at about the same time that the GT350/1LE/M4 went into BS.