Poverty 4x4 thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:08 pm Yep, a reminder of your BMW shenanigans. Now a hummer h3 was the most repossessed car in this country... for a period of time. With an illustrious history as such... this is going to be relatively tough.
This is a good time to bust out the :mahtroy: query "Do you even under understand the English language Motherfucker?"
:dat:

I do find it shocking, the sheer number of individuals who are borderline illiterate and yet somehow own $13k+ vehicles.

Affording my GTI shortly after getting a degree and a "real" job was challenging, even with $300/month rent.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 pm

Olds not knowing how to internet. :lol:
Yea, I got it.
:lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:43 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:59 am :dat:

I do find it shocking, the sheer number of individuals who are borderline illiterate and yet somehow own $13k+ vehicles.

Affording my GTI shortly after getting a degree and a "real" job was challenging, even with $300/month rent.
:troywax: bro.
:iono: I don't see how you could possibly own a > $10K car on less than $40K pretty much anywhere in the US. And yet somehow these morans on CL own $30K vehicles all of the time.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:36 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:43 am

:troywax: bro.
:iono: I don't see how you could possibly own a > $10K car on less than $40K pretty much anywhere in the US. And yet somehow these morans on CL own $30K vehicles all of the time.
It’s all about the payment bro, anything else is irrelevant. That’s the gauge whether or not you can afford a vehicle.
Maintenance :aintcare:
Depreciation :aintcare:
Interest expense :aintcare:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Yep, a reminder of your BMW shenanigans. Now a hummer h3 was the most repossessed car in this country... for a period of time. With an illustrious history as such... this is going to be relatively tough.
This is a good time to bust out the :mahtroy: query "Do you even under understand the English language Motherfucker?"
I like that as a “mild” ice breaker and really relaxes both parties into more effective comms lol!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:32 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm

I like that as a “mild” ice breaker and really relaxes both parties into more effective comms lol!
Sadly, the older I get, the more that qualifies in my mind as a mild ice breaker
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:38 am
Davestr wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:32 am

Sadly, the older I get, the more that qualifies in my mind as a mild ice breaker

I'm afraid that in a couple years I will just say it without caring..

As long as I don't get like this guy though...

Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:38 am Sadly, the older I get, the more that qualifies in my mind as a mild ice breaker

That's what you get to do when you have "fuck you" money. :waxer:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 am
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:38 am

How sad that this turned into a meme. :(
max225

Which also why .... :disgust: <<<< most of this movie is great
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:32 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 am

I'm convinced all things will be meme'd at this point. Something someone did 30+ years ago when they were a stupid kid, and it was a different time compared to now gets brought up into the light and everyone freaks out like they are the son of Satan.

WTF happened to people? When did people get so holier than thou, jealous and ridiculously immature and vindictive that they all enjoy bashing people?

Pretty sure this is a "I grew up with the internet and social media" thing. Maybe if they actually socialized in person and went outside and weren't glued to a screen they could enjoy their lives without looking to judge.

If it were me being spotlighted for something I would call a press conference and give everyone the finger and tell them they're pussies. There would be no apology for something done before the offended party was even alive.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 am
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:32 am
I'm convinced all things will be meme'd at this point. Something someone did 30+ years ago when they were a stupid kid, and it was a different time compared to now gets brought up into the light and everyone freaks out like they are the son of Satan.

WTF happened to people? When did people get so holier than thou, jealous and ridiculously immature and vindictive that they all enjoy bashing people?

Pretty sure this is a "I grew up with the internet and social media" thing. Maybe if they actually socialized in person and went outside and weren't glued to a screen they could enjoy their lives without looking to judge.

If it were me being spotlighted for something I would call a press conference and give everyone the finger and tell them they're pussies. There would be no apology for something done before the offended party was even alive.
The sweet irony of the “anti bully” crowd being the buggiest bullies around. Powder keg of the USA... civil war part deux likely incomming, and then we will attempt to erase that history as well since we don’t like it
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:48 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 am

The sweet irony of the “anti bully” crowd being the buggiest bullies around. Powder keg of the USA... civil war part deux likely incomming, and then we will attempt to erase that history as well since we don’t like it
We need the purge to be legalized. Pretty sure my generation is better prepared to wipe out the snowflakes.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:48 am

We need the purge to be legalized. Pretty sure my generation is better prepared to wipe out the snowflakes.
First movie was good, but have you seen what the series turned into ?!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:54 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am

Nope. I saw the movie posters and knew I was missing nothing.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:13 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:54 am

Nope. I saw the movie posters and knew I was missing nothing.
Same but previews ....