Dat detailing thread, doe.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I run the :jeep: through a “touchless” wash once a month or so. They do a decent job, I think I pay $18.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I actually think a lot of the cars that I see around here would fall apart if they were subjected to pressurized water in a car wash.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I go to a local chain that does full service in/out cleaning, washing, drying. I just get their basic roll through wash, it's $6. I can clean the inside at home in 20 minutes and do a better job than I'd pay them $20 to do.

I enjoy a hand wash when I have time :doe: I haven't ever taken the Corvette through a wash, I think it would probably scrape... I can just take care of it myself or let it be dirty.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:35 am

Paint Scratch and a lot of sandpaper.

Also, did you use a filler designed for fiberglass?
According to the can, it's good for fiberglass :popcorn:
:gonbgud:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's already on there and seems fine? :iono:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:I go to a local chain that does full service in/out cleaning, washing, drying. I just get their basic roll through wash, it's $6. I can clean the inside at home in 20 minutes and do a better job than I'd pay them $20 to do.

I enjoy a hand wash when I have time :doe: I haven't ever taken the Corvette through a wash, I think it would probably scrape... I can just take care of it myself or let it be dirty.
$6?

:alpo:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm
D Griff wrote:I go to a local chain that does full service in/out cleaning, washing, drying. I just get their basic roll through wash, it's $6. I can clean the inside at home in 20 minutes and do a better job than I'd pay them $20 to do.

$6?

:alpo:
Flyover price :bruh:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I hand wash all of my rigs in my driveway on Saturday morning. In the fall and winter, Sportsball is on my garage TV. It is my personal time, my ladies are glad to have me separated, and I do a far better job than any car wash. Some cars get less use, those get less washings. It is my version of lawn maintenance or some other similar activity.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I hire UPS for the lawn.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:57 pm I hire UPS for the lawn.
Unidos Pedro Servicio?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:56 pm I hand wash all of my rigs in my driveway on Saturday morning. In the fall and winter, Sportsball is on my garage TV. It is my personal time, my ladies are glad to have me separated, and I do a far better job than any car wash. Some cars get less use, those get less washings. It is my version of lawn maintenance or some other similar activity.
I also enjoy it, I listen to podcasts or music while doing it... just depends on if I have time. The past year between living in that stupid fucking apartment and doing the whole wedding thing, it was infrequent. Supplementing with the :alpo: wash is worth it as the car being at least somewhat clean makes me happy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:04 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:57 pm I hire UPS for the lawn.
Unidos Pedro Servicio?
Roberto. He owns his own service he's one of the hardest working motherfuckers I've ever seen. 7am. to 7 p.m., 6 days a week, he and his crews bust ass.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:05 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:56 pm I hand wash all of my rigs in my driveway on Saturday morning. In the fall and winter, Sportsball is on my garage TV. It is my personal time, my ladies are glad to have me separated, and I do a far better job than any car wash. Some cars get less use, those get less washings. It is my version of lawn maintenance or some other similar activity.
I also enjoy it, I listen to podcasts or music while doing it... just depends on if I have time. The past year between living in that stupid fucking apartment and doing the whole wedding thing, it was infrequent. Supplementing with the :alpo: wash is worth it as the car being at least somewhat clean makes me happy.
The only carwash in town that I would allow messing with my Zilspec :trigger: is now 27 bucks. That's a lot, and it justifies my :waxer: cabinet of detailing supplies.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I have to run the truck through the local scratch’um up places. Usually like $12 or $15 and the one place wipes down the interior too.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Unidos Pedro Servicio?
Roberto. He owns his own service he's one of the hardest working motherfuckers I've ever seen. 7am. to 7 p.m., 6 days a week, he and his crews bust ass.
I did yard work for people as a young teenage to earn cash. Sometimes I actually miss the days of manual labor, and I imagine in an area like yours people pay pretty well to have it done.

Trading the Jeep for a pickup and buying a lawn mower, edger, and some other tools.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 pm

I did yard work for people as a young teenage to earn cash. Sometimes I actually miss the days of manual labor, and I imagine in an area like yours people pay pretty well to have it done.

Trading the Jeep for a pickup and buying a lawn mower, edger, and some other tools.
*Gladiator enters the chat*
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I did my own yardwork until my disso. Never again. I grew to despise it in the desert. But I logged 30 plus years behind a lawn mower.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 pm

I did my own yardwork until my disso. Never again. I grew to despise it in the desert. But I logged 30 plus years behind a lawn mower.
Yeah you gotta get it done super early in the desert during summer. I’ve maybe got 10 years of pushing a mower at my parents house with a few of those doing it for other people as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I enjoy the maintenance like mowing, but trying to research/decide what to plant where and shit is some :pinshit: :nope:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Unidos Pedro Servicio?
Yea ... and Juanita makes 200k cash a year “cleaning” houses and they all get free healthcare etc. the dream bruh. Meanwhile Joe Schmoe is trying to pay off medical debt from 1995 when he had a few too many buds and hit his head on the pinball machine
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 pm

:mahman:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:55 pm I enjoy the maintenance like mowing, but trying to research/decide what to plant where and shit is some :pinshit: :nope:
Fuck all that.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Our backyard was decimated from the garage build. Last weekend we rented a mini skid steer to get it back into shape. Worked all weekend on clearing some overgrown trees, leveling dirt, removing ground cover we didn't want. I was sore until Tuesday, but man it felt good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:49 am Our backyard was decimated from the garage build. Last weekend we rented a mini skid steer to get it back into shape. Worked all weekend on clearing some overgrown trees, leveling dirt, removing ground cover we didn't want. I was sore until Tuesday, but man it felt good.
I would do the same thing ! Sounds like fun
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:49 am Our backyard was decimated from the garage build. Last weekend we rented a mini skid steer to get it back into shape. Worked all weekend on clearing some overgrown trees, leveling dirt, removing ground cover we didn't want. I was sore until Tuesday, but man it felt good.
I thoroughly enjoy yardwork. Good workout, and great reward seeing it all done with a drink in your hand.
Depends.

Mowing the lawn is meh to me. But major yard work where you can really see a difference is enjoyable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.