Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Zillon wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 pm
max225 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Dude I don’t get it ... your truck is better, unless you want an automatic at which point you should probably go Colorado.
Oh I'm not getting one. I won't buy a Ford.

But I'm curious to see how well that 2.3T does in that truck.
I'm sure it'll be quite adequate for 60k miles.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: 18 Canyonado / 09 Meata

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Detroit wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 pm
Zillon wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Oh I'm not getting one. I won't buy a Ford.

But I'm curious to see how well that 2.3T does in that truck.
I'm sure it'll be quite adequate for 60k miles.
:lolol:

Knowing Ford... ah-yup.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2018 Canyonado Z71 | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

Devilchrono
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado 4x4

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Detroit wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:50 pm
I just don't see the value in the small displacement turbro engines in a :truk: for longevity. I'm sure the power and torque is fine, but I'd rather have an NA V6 or better 8, personally.
For longevity, not really sure they'll last either. I'm keeping an eye on the one in the twins though for a potential future purchase if I'm able to get to a point where I'm towing more often. For now though, a NA gas motor is really the way to go in these size trucks, especially when they're paired with an 8spd or 10spd trans.

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Devilchrono wrote:
Detroit wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:50 pm
I just don't see the value in the small displacement turbro engines in a :truk: for longevity. I'm sure the power and torque is fine, but I'd rather have an NA V6 or better 8, personally.
For longevity, not really sure they'll last either. I'm keeping an eye on the one in the twins though for a potential future purchase if I'm able to get to a point where I'm towing more often. For now though, a NA gas motor is really the way to go in these size trucks, especially when they're paired with an 8spd or 10spd trans.
Ford seems to have figured out how to make turbos work on the F150s so why not the Ranger. Given that these trucks aren't used for towing as often, I think it's a worthwhile exercise.
Zildor the Magnificent

Detroit

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Zillon wrote:
Devilchrono wrote:

Ford seems to have figured out how to make turbos work on the F150s so why not the Ranger. Given that these trucks aren't used for towing as often, I think it's a worthwhile exercise.
Have they though? What's the oldest 2.7 at these days?
Desertbreh wrote:
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

Devilchrono
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado 4x4

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Zillon wrote:
Devilchrono wrote:

We'll see I guess. I haven't been paying super close attention lately since I'm gonna be keeping the Colorado for awhile still. As it gets closer to time to replace it is when I'll really dig into the market again and see just what's out there.

Tarspin
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Rock Crusher

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:28 pm

The car show had one new style Chevy Silverbuhdoe, but it was all chromed out which to me looks :gag: in most applications so the only trucks i found interesting were the Tacoma in smurf bloo with a decent offroad package and gnarly tars and of course the ZR2. Some interesting roll bar on the ZR2, not sure if @detroit had this thing on the drafting table and what he thinks. I still love the metallic green even if it's a bit brown-ish IRLImageImageImage

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 am

Detroit wrote:
Zillon wrote:

3.5TT has been around in multiple vehicles since what, 2011?
Zildor the Magnificent

4zilch
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Ford Party ST

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:39 am

Zillon wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 am
Detroit wrote:

3.5TT has been around in multiple vehicles since what, 2011?
1.6 tiny turbo has held up fine for 70k miles and towing a couple motorcycles around.

Oils, lube systems, and fuel systems are better. Cooling systems are nearly as good, but seem to be the weak point of tiny turbos when they’re pushed.

So I could see one of these having reliability concerns if it’s life is spent towing shit, but as a DD with an occasional load in the back or an occasional trailer, it’ll be fine.
stripethree wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:15 pm
Drop tags and insurance on the Fiat. Driver has shown to be a liability anyway.

Detroit

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Tarspin wrote:
The car show had one new style Chevy Silverbuhdoe, but it was all chromed out which to me looks :gag: in most applications so the only trucks i found interesting were the Tacoma in smurf bloo with a decent offroad package and gnarly tars and of course the ZR2. Some interesting roll bar on the ZR2, not sure if @detroit had this thing on the drafting table and what he thinks. I still love the metallic green even if it's a bit brown-ish IRLImageImageImage
I inherited that sport bar when I took over bedazzling a few years ago. It's an overpriced light holder, but it does look cool. There's a ZR2 special edition running around that has ZR2 cutout on the sides instead of Colorado. That was my idea. It was free to implement and people go :triggered: over it. Surprised they didn't put that one on.
Desertbreh wrote:

Detroit

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:22 pm

And the green is more gray/brown than green. It's been a very popular color, but I wish it was more green, personally. But I prefer actual colors.

That said, the majority if ZR2s I wheel with in Michigan have this green, but a few of the guys said they would have bought Blurple like on my truck, they just didn't know that it existed. My truck still gets random compliments all the time.
Desertbreh wrote:

CorvetteWaxer
Drives: MamaCrangshaft

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote:
I inherited that sport bar when I took over bedazzling a few years ago. It's an overpriced light holder, but it does look cool. There's a ZR2 special edition running around that has ZR2 cutout on the sides instead of Colorado. That was my idea. It was free to implement and people go :triggered: over it. Surprised they didn't put that one on.
I don't get the point of those side covers.... care to educate me? To me, they look like just another way to get people to pay for another thing that says the model name of the car...

It's like seeing a Corvette with all the badging still on that then has an exhaust plate that says Corvette, and a plate frame that says Corvette, and a window sticker that says Corvette..... Yeah, I get it... I didn't need to be bombarded with 80 logos.

So these have any actual benefits?
I'm on my last bag of peas.

Detroit

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:49 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Detroit wrote:

I don't get the point of those side covers.... care to educate me? To me, they look like just another way to get people to pay for another thing that says the model name of the car...

It's like seeing a Corvette with all the badging still on that then has an exhaust plate that says Corvette, and a plate frame that says Corvette, and a window sticker that says Corvette..... Yeah, I get it... I didn't need to be bombarded with 80 logos.

They all come with those panels. The design guys won't let me sell one that's just the bars...they think it looks terrible. I don't, but in the process of releasing a part, design needs to sign off on it or it won't be released for sale. I've even mocked trucks up without them, and I still got shot down.

That said, customers love the brand there... especially the ZR2 one. I guess as long as it sells. :iono: I think we'd sell more without the panels, but I lost that battle.

I'm glad to be out if bedazzling.
Desertbreh wrote:

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Detroit wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

They all come with those panels. The design guys won't let me sell one that's just the bars...they think it looks terrible. I don't, but in the process of releasing a part, design needs to sign off on it or it won't be released for sale. I've even mocked trucks up without them, and I still got shot down.

That said, customers love the brand there... especially the ZR2 one. I guess as long as it sells. :iono: I think we'd sell more without the panels, but I lost that battle.

:notsure:

Would look so much better with just the tubular structure.
Zildor the Magnificent

CorvetteWaxer

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Zillon wrote:
Detroit wrote:

:dat:

I would probably buy one if I was getting a Colorado if it didn't have the side plates or the holes where the side plates mount. Marketing / Design team fails me.

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:11 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Zillon wrote:

I would probably buy one if I was getting a Colorado if it didn't have the side plates or the holes where the side plates mount. Marketing / Design team fails me.
Looks like it just unbolts, doe.
Zildor the Magnificent

CorvetteWaxer

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Zillon wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:11 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Looks like it just unbolts, doe.
But like I said...... Holes...

Detroit

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Zillon wrote:

Marketing was on your side. Design wasn't.
Desertbreh wrote:

dtraill27
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 am

Took the truck up to Elk Mountain for some skiing this weekend

Johnny_P
Drives: Burble

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:10 am

dtraill27 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 am
Took the truck up to Elk Mountain for some skiing this weekend
Looks good. I really do like that black grille. So much better than stock.

How was Elk?

dtraill27
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am

Johnny_P wrote:

How was Elk?
Yeah, I still want to get the TRD Pro grill but this is a good place holder. May be coming soon now that there are knock off ones available. Elk was awesome, it's definitely my favorite in eastern PA. Surprisingly not too crowded for a holiday weekend. Plus I got to :stig: in the snow storm on the way home.

Johnny_P

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:46 am

dtraill27 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:

How was Elk?
Yeah, I still want to get the TRD Pro grill but this is a good place holder. May be coming soon now that there are knock off ones available. Elk was awesome, it's definitely my favorite in eastern PA. Surprisingly not too crowded for a holiday weekend. Plus I got to :stig: in the snow storm on the way home.
Always had a good time skiing that mountain. Far fewer :derp: 's sitting on the slopes on their snowboards. Blue is :disgust: for that.

Apex
Drives: TrukYeah!

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am

Bloo :truk: looks good!

I have never been to Elk, I should change that at some point.

Johnny_P

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Apex wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am
Bloo :truk: looks good!

I have never been to Elk, I should change that at some point.
Its a bit of a hike but always good skiing. Worst part of it is making the drive home when you're tired af from skiing all day.

dtraill27
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:46 am
dtraill27 wrote:

Always had a good time skiing that mountain. Far fewer :derp: 's sitting on the slopes on their snowboards. Blue is :disgust: for that.
Yep Blue is awful. I think cause its so close for out of staters to go to plus they usually have the terrain park open so tons of snow boarders. Plus too many middle schoolers. It's 10 mins away and I hardly go. $30 for 4-10 Sunday nights is about the only time I'll head there

• Information