Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:48 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Headliner is amazing. I really like it, and would absolutely order another JT with it.

I wish they had dills on Rubicon’s, because that or a more expensive Mojave with a set of 35s is a perfect Offroad light duty truck.

I love the stupid thing and can’t wait for a few more mods after I eventually get a :haus:
Awesome! Glad to hear the headliner is working out. I too would only order a truck with one, but it's good to know that the hot heads one is good to add to one off the lot as well.

I'm actually back to thinking that a Sport S with Max Tow and Rubicon flares and 35's would be the sweet spot. I don't like the 4:1 t-case in the Rubicon, and the Mojave is just...meh to me. I need to drive one :doe:
I so wish Punkin was still an option, I want that color so bad. :lol: Or that I would have known Sarge would be available soon... I should have ordered something but my Willys is a really great platform too. Hell, I’ve been seeing ~19mpg house hunting.

Max Tow Sport S with flares and 35s is a great way to go too!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm
Chassis, not a chassis cab. It's apparently the same as Freightliner fire trucks.
The internet battle between Class A guys and Super C guys is FIERCE. Like for PRIMACY. My mind is still not made up. The FORZA looks bad ass.
One of my retirement schemes is to not actually have physical property in the U.S., but get a PO Box, a big ass RV and park it here. http://bigtoydepot.com/
Then cross the border, fire up the big Cummins, and off we go.

Should stop by your dad's and check it yo. "Hey Mr. Allen, :mahman: Suh, I am Chris' friend from the internet, toss me a cold one and give me the tour of this nasty bitch"
You're joking, but my dad would love it. He LOVES meeting new people and showing off his RV. He's at the Happy Traveler, I doubt you can miss his bus and the Bikini teal 2-door JL.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:57 pm

The internet battle between Class A guys and Super C guys is FIERCE. Like for PRIMACY. My mind is still not made up. The FORZA looks bad ass.
One of my retirement schemes is to not actually have physical property in the U.S., but get a PO Box, a big ass RV and park it here. http://bigtoydepot.com/

Should stop by your dad's and check it yo. "Hey Mr. Allen, :mahman: Suh, I am Chris' friend from the internet, toss me a cold one and give me the tour of this nasty bitch"
Watch your cornhole, bud. :hubba:
Just another day on Big Gay Eric's Big Gay Boat Ride.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:57 pm

Watch your cornhole, bud. :hubba:
Nah, he likes twinks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:48 pm
Awesome! Glad to hear the headliner is working out. I too would only order a truck with one, but it's good to know that the hot heads one is good to add to one off the lot as well.

I'm actually back to thinking that a Sport S with Max Tow and Rubicon flares and 35's would be the sweet spot. I don't like the 4:1 t-case in the Rubicon, and the Mojave is just...meh to me. I need to drive one :doe:
I so wish Punkin was still an option, I want that color so bad. :lol: Or that I would have known Sarge would be available soon... I should have ordered something but my Willys is a really great platform too. Hell, I’ve been seeing ~19mpg house hunting.

Punkin was the best color ever. Stupid to get rid of it. :dillerman: here has a Nacho Willys JT, and it looks like a schoolbus. No thanks.

A Sarge Mojave would be :megusta: I love that army green and orange scheme.

I do love the way the Willy's looks. It is a great platform to build on. Flares and 35's and it's done IMO.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:37 pm
Chassis, not a chassis cab. It's apparently the same as Freightliner fire trucks.

I almost spit taked my covfefe..... You slay me, Eric...
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:02 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Punkin was the best color ever. Stupid to get rid of it. :dillerman: here has a Nacho Willys JT, and it looks like a schoolbus. No thanks.

I do love the way the Willy's looks. It is a great platform to build on. Flares and 35's and it's done IMO.
:dat:
I get sad when I see some awesome colors, but the white and black just looks good. Painted flares make it far less poverty spec looking.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm

You're joking, but my dad would love it. He LOVES meeting new people and showing off his RV. He's at the Happy Traveler, I doubt you can miss his bus and the Bikini teal 2-door JL.
A mile from my office and a 1/4 mile from the residence I owned with my ex :disgust: Is he vaccinated?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:04 pm

A lot of entertainers in this forum, I just try and keep up.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm
A mile from my office and a 1/4 mile from the residence I owned with my ex :disgust: Is he vaccinated?
Yes, got his second dose a few weeks ago.

THAT SAID

I don't know about the people he's meeting and hanging out with.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:13 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:04 pm

You, my good man, are the word smithing benchmark.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:16 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:13 pm

You, my good man, are the word smithing benchmark.
Kind words, but there is a huge variety of wit and wisdom here, it is why I stay.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:11 pm

THAT SAID

Understood. I'll go check out his rig.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:22 pm

THAT SAID

Don the hazmat suit and ride the Queen of the South West...
Irish

:trollface:
Last edited by Irish on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:02 pm

I get sad when I see some awesome colors, but the white and black just looks good. Painted flares make it far less poverty spec looking.
White, unlike other "boring" colors, is functional. It always looks clean (mostly), it doesn't show pinstriping, it's simpler to repair if needed, and it's timeless.

Then when you pair it with some contrasting parts, like the WIlly's, it looks legit :nice: . As much as I don't like the fact that our JL is so generic, it does look great in white with the painted top and fenders. Wife rarely washes it, and it still looks awesome when we do.
ChrisoftheNorth

THAT SAID

He's John, BTW.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:30 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:09 pm

White, unlike other "boring" colors, is functional. It always looks clean (mostly), it doesn't show pinstriping, it's simpler to repair if needed, and it's timeless.

Then when you pair it with some contrasting parts, like the WIlly's, it looks legit :nice: . As much as I don't like the fact that our JL is so generic, it does look great in white with the painted top and fenders. Wife rarely washes it, and it still looks awesome when we do.
All :dat:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:41 pm So if you leave the campsite and come back, you just pray that your foldy chairs and picnic tablecloth will hold the fort down?

Interesting how people's opinions change over time.
Back when I lived in the city and used camping as my sanity reset, I needed to be able to setup a base camp to come and go from. Now, base camp is just home, and the truck and tent will be for wilderness stuff where there's little need to save spots.

BUT

The real test will be our trip out west. My opinion might revert back to needing a separate thing. I've got a small 4 person ground tent that I might bring and pitch just for saving spaces if needed. It was retired because setting up cots and stuff in it got to be a pain, but it actually goes up fast if the intent is just to save a spot.
I thought full size trucks were too large for backcountry type stuff?
I'm so confused
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:09 pm
Back when I lived in the city and used camping as my sanity reset, I needed to be able to setup a base camp to come and go from. Now, base camp is just home, and the truck and tent will be for wilderness stuff where there's little need to save spots.

BUT

The real test will be our trip out west. My opinion might revert back to needing a separate thing. I've got a small 4 person ground tent that I might bring and pitch just for saving spaces if needed. It was retired because setting up cots and stuff in it got to be a pain, but it actually goes up fast if the intent is just to save a spot.
I'm so confused
Well, there's wheeling a tight challenging two track, and there's driving down a state or federal forest road to get to an area to camp. The Ram won't do the former, but will have no problem with the latter. A midsizer would do both, but that's not what I have right now...trying to make the best of it.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:32 pm

I'm so confused
Well, there's wheeling a tight challenging two track, and there's driving down a state or federal forest road to get to an area to camp. The Ram won't do the former, but will have no problem with the latter. A midsizer would do both, but that's not what I have right now...trying to make the best of it.
Oh ok yeah full size trucks are perfect for forest roads.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:31 pm

He's John, BTW.
:like:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:41 pm
Oh ok yeah full size trucks are perfect for forest roads.
And fortunately up here, there's miles and miles and miles of forest roads that are barely driven on, so you can get surprisingly remote without going down a sketchy trail.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:11 pm To prove my point, I just ran out to pop up the tent. I moved the truck into the driveway, snapped pictures, popped up the tent, snapped pictures, put the tend back down and reparked the truck. Note my last post was at 11:54...and I started typing this on my computer at 12:04...so I did all of that in 10 minutes...

For an avid camper, this is game changing. We don't have bedding in the tent yet, but we can get all that in and leave it in there so it's literally ready to sleep in 5 minutes.

This ability has also made me love the full size bed even more.
Do your feet stick out the back :D
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:31 pm

He's John, BTW.
Wow so IN for BREH meeting your dad in a RV park.

Remember to put "Anal" infront of every RV/trailer name.