Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:59 pm

At this point building an oceanfront condo is starting to look like COVID genius. Camping doesn't seem as fun when campsites now look like anthills filled with Americans who are now camping because ZOMG my Disney Cruise to the Bahamas was cancelled and ZOMG MUST HAVE VACATION MUST HAVE PLEASURE TO SHARE ON THE INSTA OR MUST SEPPUKU. Calm down, buy some nice steaks, a decent bottle of wine, and enjoy what you have? JFC.
If WFH becomes permanent with many companies, real estate in "vacation destinations" or other desirable areas that are perfect for everything other than jobs will go nuts. Another reason we're considering moving.

We camp every 2 weeks...so we've gone...5 times this season now? Everywhere we go is actually around seasoned campers. I think it's because :tits: booked sites way in advance as does everyone else experienced looking for primo sites, so it's really :notbad: overall. The only downside oddly seems to be that campgrounds and surrounding areas are selling out of firewood faster than before. That's easy to accommodate by buying a lot early in the trip.
I :lolol: thinking of the people paying massive markups on RVs only to find they can't take them anywhere because everywhere is booked. And what isn't booked are sites you don't want to stay at anyway. The :dill: s on RV's will be insane in a few years. :excited:
In4ClassC :dill: !
Or a SuperC, but them bitches are all like 37’ long.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:30 pm
If WFH becomes permanent with many companies, real estate in "vacation destinations" or other desirable areas that are perfect for everything other than jobs will go nuts. Another reason we're considering moving.

We camp every 2 weeks...so we've gone...5 times this season now? Everywhere we go is actually around seasoned campers. I think it's because :tits: booked sites way in advance as does everyone else experienced looking for primo sites, so it's really :notbad: overall. The only downside oddly seems to be that campgrounds and surrounding areas are selling out of firewood faster than before. That's easy to accommodate by buying a lot early in the trip.
I :lolol: thinking of the people paying massive markups on RVs only to find they can't take them anywhere because everywhere is booked. And what isn't booked are sites you don't want to stay at anyway. The :dill: s on RV's will be insane in a few years. :excited:
Motorhomes are tough because they don't fit in most of the places we go...plus you really need to tow a vehicle with it so you can explore wherever you're camping.

I just want an Airstream Basecamp at a reasonable price. The perfect camper for us.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:13 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Motorhomes are tough because they don't fit in most of the places we go...plus you really need to tow a vehicle with it so you can explore wherever you're camping.

I just want an Airstream Basecamp at a reasonable price. The perfect camper for us.
Yeah, but it’s something that has been discussed in my house. Camper as base camp then whatever we towed to either hit the trails or track with. Super Duty with a slide-in has also been mentioned but I need to get inside a couple more of them and see if it would work.

Fun thought exercises for me doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Yeah, but it’s something that has been discussed in my house. Camper as base camp then whatever we towed to either hit the trails or track with. Super Duty with a slide-in has also been mentioned but I need to get inside a couple more of them and see if it would work.

Hell yea it's fun to think about!

You guys are into being active it seems, so a motorhome that could tow a track car or Jeep or something would be 5/7 IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:22 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:19 pm

You guys are into being active it seems, so a motorhome that could tow a track car or Jeep or something would be 5/7 IMO.
:dat:

Tow the Jeep out to Moab, or a track car down to Road Atlanta, and plenty of places in between! Just different things we think about and the market might be alright when we go to buy something.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:32 pm
20' is pretty standard for garage depth, especially in CA. Hell, my garage is "only" 23 feet deep inside. I can't easily walk in front of AND behind the JT when it's parked in the garage. I wanted more width, so compromises had to be made.
Yeah I'm just pitching Max shit. I have the same problem. However, IF I was building I would build myself a garage that would accommodate a full size crew cab short box pickup with room to spare. Because honestly that would be my next rig if I didn't have a poverty spec garage as well.
I had the opportunity for a 6 car garage that was 1900 sq feet by itself. But the house was weird... I compromised similar to what our friend Dgriff did. But honestly... I don't know why I would want more than a 3 car... which was not in the cards unfortunately, unless I paid 2 milskies + or got it from some old geezer with a Harley collection and several outdoor bars.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Yeah I'm just pitching Max shit. I have the same problem. However, IF I was building I would build myself a garage that would accommodate a full size crew cab short box pickup with room to spare. Because honestly that would be my next rig if I didn't have a poverty spec garage as well.
I had the opportunity for a 6 car garage that was 1900 sq feet by itself. But the house was weird... I compromised similar to what our friend Dgriff did. But honestly... I don't know why I would want more than a 3 car... which was not in the cards unfortunately, unless I paid 2 milskies + or got it from some old geezer with a Harley collection and several outdoor bars.
Outdoor bars are :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:22 pm

:dat:

Tow the Jeep out to Moab, or a track car down to Road Atlanta, and plenty of places in between! Just different things we think about and the market might be alright when we go to buy something.
:megusta:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nothing wrong here.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:24 pm

Nothing wrong here.
I don’t do assless chaps.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Nothing wrong here.
They're still going to live with you after closing? :ayfkm:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:18 pm
RVs and boats are completely sold out here. :tits: always books our camping trips 6 mos out (the farthest you can go) to get the best sites, so we've had this summer lined up for a while. But we've attempted to get sites for spontaneous mid-week trips and everything is completely booked. Even federal sites that are literally just a plot of land with ZERO amenities (not even vault toilets) are booked out.

I predict that 2 years from now will be the time to get epic :dill: s on used RVs and boats. No way people will use them as much as they think right now, and you know the :dillerman: gouging is real right now and people paying on stretch pay instead of socking money away to pay the mortgage in the future will drive idiotic behavior later.

At the same time, I've debated liquidating a lot of stuff to take advantage of stupid markets. House, camper, one of the Jeeps...go super lean for a while and sit on a pile of cash to swoop in on crushed hopes and dreams for pennies on the dollar later.
You and me on the same mind :dock: brah.

Want to liquidate the Trailcock and trailer and house and sit and :meatspin: on that :troywax:
I feel like cashing out now is like buying Apple in 1997 or something.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Nothing wrong here.
:idbu:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:18 pm
RVs and boats are completely sold out here. :tits: always books our camping trips 6 mos out (the farthest you can go) to get the best sites, so we've had this summer lined up for a while. But we've attempted to get sites for spontaneous mid-week trips and everything is completely booked. Even federal sites that are literally just a plot of land with ZERO amenities (not even vault toilets) are booked out.

I predict that 2 years from now will be the time to get epic :dill: s on used RVs and boats. No way people will use them as much as they think right now, and you know the :dillerman: gouging is real right now and people paying on stretch pay instead of socking money away to pay the mortgage in the future will drive idiotic behavior later.

At the same time, I've debated liquidating a lot of stuff to take advantage of stupid markets. House, camper, one of the Jeeps...go super lean for a while and sit on a pile of cash to swoop in on crushed hopes and dreams for pennies on the dollar later.

Want to liquidate the Trailcock and trailer and house and sit and :meatspin: on that :troywax:
Funny how you think your cash is going to be worth something when nothing else will.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 am

Funny how you think your cash is going to be worth something when nothing else will.
I'm on this mindset too. No way in hell is the .gov dispensing this much cash to have it appreciate in value. It will continue to devalue so that we are forced to buy at a higher price year after year, and it needs to do this to survive as a currency. Nay sayers can look at any price chart over any significant time frame for any asset class to see this, asset class goes up or cash value goes down.

This is why old people always feel poor :sad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Saying this, there are short term dips and the last time inflation began running away the economy was is good shape. It may take a couple of years to take off IMO

Also on the same subject:

ChrisoftheNorth

So what's the alternative? Leverage yourself into oblivion and hope the .gov steps in before the bills are due and you can't pay them?
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:21 am

So what's the alternative? Leverage yourself into oblivion and hope the .gov steps in before the bills are due and you can't pay them?
Get what you NEED, have plenty of safety stock and don’t go :fullretard: I see no point in selling a house and everything you own and worked so hard for to sit on a pile of depreciating money.

I do think that highly depreciating vehicles are stupid if times are tough and you want to save some money. I would sell that Jeep for that 31k it Seems like the clear answer.

But selling a house when inflation is rampant ... seems rather foolish at this moment.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 am
Get what you NEED, have plenty of safety stock and don’t go :fullretard: I see no point in selling a house and everything you own and worked so hard for to sit on a pile of depreciating money.

I do think that highly depreciating vehicles are stupid if times are tough and you want to save some money. I would sell that Jeep for that 31k it Seems like the clear answer.

But selling a house when inflation is rampant ... seems rather foolish at this moment.
Depends what you replace the house with. Have to live somewhere...
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:45 am
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 am

Depends what you replace the house with. Have to live somewhere...
A trailer in the woods is not the answer imo. Unless you plan on hunting and fishing for sustenance
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm more heavily leveraged then I feel comfortableTBH, carrying the GB thing is only going to last as long as things stay good with work for both my wife and I, otherwise I'm selling it. There are some real profits in that thing right now and selling it looks very favorable. I'm afraid to do that because I feel like once gone it will never be attainable again and I don't want to pay the real estate/gov fees and taxes twice.

It is hard to know what the right thing to do is, but I'm keeping some skin in the game as long as I can hold on to it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 am
I'm more heavily leveraged then I feel comfortableTBH, carrying the GB thing is only going to last as long as things stay good with work for both my wife and I, otherwise I'm selling it. There are some real profits in that thing right now and selling it looks very favorable. I'm afraid to do that because I feel like once gone it will never be attainable again and I don't want to pay the real estate/gov fees and taxes twice.

It is hard to know what the right thing to do is, but I'm keeping some skin in the game as long as I can hold on to it.
Our HHI has been cut by ~40% from this time last year, and that's not changing for the forseeable future. By this time next year, we'll be house poor on a monthly basis, with regular dipping into savings to stay afloat...I don't view that as sustainable.

Something needs to change somewhere. Cheaper housing seems to be the easiest lever to throw with housing values going :fullretard: in our area right now.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:01 am

Our HHI has been cut by ~40% from this time last year, and that's not changing for the forseeable future. By this time next year, we'll be house poor on a monthly basis, with regular dipping into savings to stay afloat...I don't view that as sustainable.

Something needs to change somewhere. Cheaper housing seems to be the easiest lever to throw with housing values going :fullretard: in our area right now.
Right, I'd be unloading assets for profit if our HHI dropped 40% and wasn't going to easily recover.

The hard decision is knowing that unless a wad of cash shows up later (inheritance etc), once out of that market it isn't worth getting back in again.
Apex

I can understand your move with being able to sell and then nearly pay cash for something smaller. That’s not a terrible move. Selling a house just to get into a rental I wouldn’t feel so great about. Just my worthless $0.02.
max225

Are you saying that she won’t be able to find a job for a year ?

Buying and selling homes is hugely expensive ... you blow 5% of the house value by selling... and god knows what needs doing on the new house once you get it, plus moving expenses etc.