Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I've done 15k miles in my truck since I bought it 13months ago, and it's no comparison to my RCLB w/t with crank windows I had before it. The heated seats get HOT if I want them to, the Blose stereo actually sounds good with the factory center console subwoofer, and the sunroof (only 1200 trucks optioned with one in 2005) is just a bonus to it all.

In my old truck I had to pull over to tool the passenger window up or down because I couldn't reach from the drivers seat.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I like my truck more than I thought I would.

I guess I could've gotten an Avalon or something for the same price but why? Stigma?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

KYGTIGuy wrote:I like my truck more than I thought I would.

I guess I could've gotten an Avalon or something for the same price but why? Stigma?
Being able to actually fit it in the garage? Saving $100 a month on fuel? Having any kind of driving dynamics whatsoever? You bought a GTI and a Mazda6, why get those over a truck?

:wrong:

:truckyeah:
Last edited by troyguitar on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:31 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:I like my truck more than I thought I would.

Being able to actually fit it in the garage? Saving $100 a month on fuel? Having any kind of driving dynamics whatsoever?

:wrong:

:truckyeah:
Don't park in the garage. I work from home and don't drive but around a tank and a half a month(v6 mild hybrid I'm averaging 20mpg). And I'm a rube when it comes to driving dynamics and I live in Michigan with grid roads.

But I get what you're saying, no vehicle is perfect and the truck for me right now is a good compromise.
troyguitar

Why would you have a garage and not park in it? :disgust:

There are children in Africa without garages.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I was single when I bought the GTI and lived in KY driving backroads everyday on my commute.

Mazda was an appliance. Didn't need AWD for KY winters.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:35 pm Why would you have a garage and not park in it? :disgust:

Our house has small 2 car garage. My Mazda and our van fit so tightly that I stopped parking in there.

Now it's full of strollers and wagons and toy work benches and PowerWheel John Deere tractors etc .
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Again, you aren't wrong, it's just I weighed those things and decided a truck was good right now
troyguitar

KYGTIGuy wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:35 pm Why would you have a garage and not park in it? :disgust:

Our house has small 2 car garage. My Mazda and our van fit so tightly that I stopped parking in there.

Now it's full of strollers and wagons and toy work benches and PowerWheel John Deere tractors etc .
Sad!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:44 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:

Sad!
:( :thankstrump:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Today's family homes NEED three car garages
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:20 pm Today's family homes NEED three car garages
:dat:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:20 pm Today's family homes NEED three car garages
They need deeper garages.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

My local dealer has a nicely optioned Raptor on the lot.

I'm tempted, but I don't know why.. I really want a truck that can tow, and that's not a Raptor.

Raptor Window Sticker
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:49 pm My local dealer has a nicely optioned Raptor on the lot.

I'm tempted, but I don't know why.. I really want a truck that can tow, and that's not a Raptor.
No markup :notsure:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:53 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:49 pm My local dealer has a nicely optioned Raptor on the lot.

No markup :notsure:
Well, the MSRP is $74k and I didn't see an ADM sticker on it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Yeah the dealer my dad got his car from has 5 Raptors on the lot with $1k-$4.5k on the hood.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Drove past a new Rubicon Gladiator yesterday on my way home. Already had light bars on the top of the windshield and front bumper. It was nice, but after seeing it up close like that, I think I'd stick with the Colorado/Canyon, or just buy a FS at that point. And my wife's comment when I pointed it out and explained it to her and that her brother in law wants to get one to replace his JL, her reaction was: "Why? It's ugly and the bed isn't any bigger than our truck. He should just keep his Jeep."
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:33 am Drove past a new Rubicon Gladiator yesterday on my way home. Already had light bars on the top of the windshield and front bumper. It was nice, but after seeing it up close like that, I think I'd stick with the Colorado/Canyon, or just buy a FS at that point. And my wife's comment when I pointed it out and explained it to her and that her brother in law wants to get one to replace his JL, her reaction was: "Why? It's ugly and the bed isn't any bigger than our truck. He should just keep his Jeep."
Yea...it's a really tough sell IMO. You need to really want a convertible pickup, otherwise a Colorado or even a full size makes more sense.

If you already have a JL and want the "bed" utility, just buy a $800 5x8 utility trailer. Bigger than the bed, more usable, and can still be stored. That's what I'm leaning toward right now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:37 am
Devilchrono wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:33 am Drove past a new Rubicon Gladiator yesterday on my way home. Already had light bars on the top of the windshield and front bumper. It was nice, but after seeing it up close like that, I think I'd stick with the Colorado/Canyon, or just buy a FS at that point. And my wife's comment when I pointed it out and explained it to her and that her brother in law wants to get one to replace his JL, her reaction was: "Why? It's ugly and the bed isn't any bigger than our truck. He should just keep his Jeep."
Yea...it's a really tough sell IMO. You need to really want a convertible pickup, otherwise a Colorado or even a full size makes more sense.

If you already have a JL and want the "bed" utility, just buy a $800 5x8 utility trailer. Bigger than the bed, more usable, and can still be stored. That's what I'm leaning toward right now.
His problem is they don't have the space to store a trailer, and the utility of a truck is what he's looking for; but he's a Jeep guy and really likes them. In the time I've known him, this is his 3rd Jeep. They bought a 2 door JK at a huge discount to replace his Crosstrek, and then he gave it to his wife 6 months later and traded her Kia Soul in on a brand new, 4 door JL that he hasn't even had a year I think.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:06 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:37 am

His problem is they don't have the space to store a trailer, and the utility of a truck is what he's looking for; but he's a Jeep guy and really likes them. In the time I've known him, this is his 3rd Jeep. They bought a 2 door JK at a huge discount to replace his Crosstrek, and then he gave it to his wife 6 months later and traded her Kia Soul in on a brand new, 4 door JL that he hasn't even had a year I think.
I get it. As a Jeep person myself, I love the idea of the Gladiator, the cost is just really tough to accept when compared to the competition...Colorado or even a full sizer...especially since the Gladiator requires so many compromises off-road with that long wheelbase.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I still really want a Gladiator :doe:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I saw a Gladiator going down the road over the weekend. It looked nice, but damn is that bed tiny.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm sure I'll get used to it but it is an acquired taste in terms of looks on the gladiator.

I remember not liking the ZR2 when I first saw it and now I think it's badass.