Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote:I have zero regrets with my '05 Silverado. Then again I got it for 3K in pretty awesome shape from a retarded friend who doesn't know how to negotiate or learn how to wheel and deal.
I could never go with anything smaller than a crew cab for a full sized truck. Not for the people space, but for the fact that I can store so much shit in the back cab and have it shielded from the weather. I've got a decent bed cover that I bought for the truck for $289 shipped, but it's not really sealed. I can haul band gear for gigs and shit back there, but on the off chance we run through some rain it's nice to have the back cab. And when I pull the rear seat out it's space galore.
My double cab is pretty near what your crew cab is. It's huge inside.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

The Colorado has plenty of room for what I need.
I was pretty impressed with the amount of room in the back.

It's no full sized :doe:
Enough room for pets and things.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:The Colorado has plenty of room for what I need.
I was pretty impressed with the amount of room in the back.

It's no full sized :doe:
Enough room for pets and things.
Colorado crew cab is perfect, IMO. Plenty of space, but not overly massive.

Kind of how I feel about my Double cab 1SMP. Though, I wish it wasn't so wide...but I've routinely used the bed size to my advantage, so :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, the smaller bed is my only concern with a quad cab Colo, but, TBH, I find myself needing more interior space than anything.
Main thing I need a 6' bed is for hauling a motorcycle, which can be done with the tailgate down.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:Yeah, the smaller bed is my only concern with a quad cab Colo, but, TBH, I find myself needing more interior space than anything.
Main thing I need a 6' bed is for hauling a motorcycle, which can be done with the tailgate down.
For me, it's not the bed length, it's the width. I'm surprised how often I carry wide things that just barely fit in the bed. I'm sure I could :dealwithit: in a smaller truck, but if the bigger truck stays cheaper, :notsure: how I'd justify the smaller truck. We'll see come next year.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The larger trucks are just so fucking large. Feels like I need a harbor master to park them.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:The larger trucks are just so fucking large. Feels like I need a harbor master to park them.
Yea, I dunno. You really do get used to it. And the space is nice.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote:The larger trucks are just so fucking large. Feels like I need a harbor master to park them.
You don't get used to it, you work around it. Not the same thing.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yea, I dunno. You really do get used to it. And the space is nice.
You don't get used to it, you work around it. Not the same thing.
:eyerolls: :mahtroy:
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: You don't get used to it, you work around it. Not the same thing.
:rolleyes: :mahtroy:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:
Oh yeah, I imagine, IDK.
I like the smaller trux, like a lot.

Since I'm not rushing out to buy one right now, I'm really taking note of how I use my :doge: kota. That way when I am ready to buy, I can find the tool that best fits my need.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yea, I dunno. You really do get used to it. And the space is nice.
Oh yeah, I imagine, IDK.
I like the smaller trux, like a lot.

Since I'm not rushing out to buy one right now, I'm really taking note of how I use my :doge: kota. That way when I am ready to buy, I can find the tool that best fits my need.
Good plan. Not to mention, waiting will just make the dills get better and better. This time next year, there should be excess supply of small trucks, which should finally drive some decent dills.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, 25-28k is where im looking.
Sell the Dakota, bring 2-3k to the table, finance around 20, and keep my note $350-$380 that's the sweet spot
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:Yeah, 25-28k is where im looking.
Sell the Dakota, bring 2-3k to the table, finance around 20, and keep my note $350-$380 that's the sweet spot
That'll be hard to hit was a new truck.

But gently used and/or off-lease options should be no problem.
ChrisoftheNorth

Hell, you could buy my truck off-lease in a year for $28k.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:Hell, you could buy my truck off-lease in a year for $28k.
Yum.

Pre-seasoned with 2 years of salt and farts.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Yum.

Pre-seasoned with 2 years of salt and farts.
:dat:

Lower farts than most trucks, doe...less than 20k miles.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Needs moar
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:
Needs moar
The 4.3 is solid. I prefer it to the 3.6 in the Colorado TBH.

But yea, if I get another Silverado, it'll have 8 cylinders. Just for the :lolol:

And that'll be well out of your price range too...
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote:
Needs moar
The 4.3 is solid. Just a V8 with 2 cylinders cut off. I prefer it to the 3.6 in the Colorado TBH.

But yea, if I get another Silverado, it'll have 8 cylinders. Just for the :lolol:

And that'll be well out of your price range too...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, 45k for the v8 model.
Plus fuel efficiency is a consideration as well, keeping my eye off the full-sizers.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: You don't get used to it, you work around it. Not the same thing.

You keep telling yourself you need that massive 1SMP, Detroit.

We all know you're really driving the Volt everyday. :D
:lolol:

No, I actually get the truck everyday. Infamous loves the Volt. She's made friends with the other Volt drivers at work, and she's spoiled by parking at the very front with free charging. She had to drive the truck to work a few days when the Volt was being repaired and she :nope: out because it's too big to navigate her parking structure and she had to park far away.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote:

You keep telling yourself you need that massive 1SMP, Detroit.

We all know you're really driving the Volt everyday. :D
Imageol:

No, I actually get the truck everyday. Infamous loves the Volt. She's made friends with the other Volt drivers at work, and she's spoiled by parking at the very front with free charging. She had to drive the truck to work a few days when the Volt was being repaired and she :nope: out because it's too big to navigate her parking structure and she had to park far away.
It's not too big. You get used to it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I just realized who "infamous" was

:lolgasm:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: Imageol:

It's not too big. You get used to it.
:lolol:
Her entire parking garage is those compact car spots. The truck physically will not fit. In this case, she cannot get used to it.