Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

The 2015s and up got a different turbo and more powah.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 am
NeonJonny wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:27 am

Lmao that's diesel territory prices. Don't those have the same anemic v6 they've had for years? Used vehicle prices in general are hilarious. My POS dirt bike has gone from being worth 1500 bucks to people trying to sell them for 3500 bucks somehow. :amaze:
Speaking of twuks I might give up on acquiring an older 7.3 because of the prices people are asking. No i don't want your 200k mile POS that's lifted, chipped, big tires without lower gearing, paint oxidation, and will need a trans job soon for $20k. Gtfo.
I've been eyeballing the same diesel for three months In Fontuky. 66,000 miles 2016 Ferd 6.7l. 42k.
Respectable pricing for a lariet. Would love to call him up and offer him 5k less and listen to him lose his mind. Are dealerships paying rent right now? When shit is on the lot for 6-8 months you should ask yourself some questions. Used dealers are funny. They go bankrupt and sell the dealer to their brother and change the name by adding a letter. :lol:
I daily drove an F550 for about 100,000 miles all over the country over five years with the 6.7. Let me know if you have any questions about those, I have certainly been through everything with it. Despite keeping up with all maintenance we blew through a turbo about every 30 to 40,000 miles. That thing also weighed 21,000 pounds though, and was a sail going against the wind. That may have had something to do with the lackluster reliability.
The Bang Bus is a bit of an outlier for truk usage and might not be the best litmus test.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 am

I daily drove an F550 for about 100,000 miles all over the country over five years with the 6.7. Let me know if you have any questions about those, I have certainly been through everything with it. Despite keeping up with all maintenance we blew through a turbo about every 30 to 40,000 miles. That thing also weighed 21,000 pounds though, and was a sail going against the wind. That may have had something to do with the lackluster reliability.
The Bang Bus is a bit of an outlier for truk usage and might not be the best litmus test.
:notwrong: but it definitely left a sour taste in my mouth on Ferd Super Doodies. Would not buy even if that’s dumb. You’re right though, we were blatantly 2k pounds over Ford’s specified max.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

BUT that ducking thing stranded me MANY times, it was lucky for the company I was fairly mechanical. I once walked to a Ferd :dillerman: miles each way to buy a turbo tube and repaired on the side of the road in San Francisco :disgust:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm BUT that ducking thing stranded me MANY times, it was lucky for the company I was fairly mechanical. I once walked to a Ferd :dillerman: miles each way to buy a turbo tube and repaired on the side of the road in San Francisco :disgust:
Holy fuck balls :disgust:

The number one and two requirements for commercial vehicles are low operating costs and high reliability. Your experiences that I remember pretty vividly are god damn awful.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm BUT that ducking thing stranded me MANY times, it was lucky for the company I was fairly mechanical. I once walked to a Ferd :dillerman: miles each way to buy a turbo tube and repaired on the side of the road in San Francisco :disgust:

The number one and two requirements for commercial vehicles are low operating costs and high reliability. Your experiences that I remember pretty vividly are god damn awful.
Yeah I don't think I would have done that. More like "its time for a Peterbilt chassis boys."
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:52 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Yeah I don't think I would have done that. More like "its time for a Peterbilt chassis boys."
They would’ve paid for me to tow it and all that shit, but I am the way I am, easier to :dealwithit: and not lose business. It was a small company that required being scrappy but I actually cared about it so I dealt with bull shit here and there without much complaint.
max225

:plac: con 5 reached...

I found a :manuel: GREEN :taco: in Carlsbad (500 miles ) from me, which is DRIVABLE.

Flight is $59 :iono:
Last edited by max225 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 pm :plac: con 5 reached...

I found a :manuel: GREEN :taco: in Carlsbad (500 miles ) from me, which is DRIVABLE.
:notbad:
max225

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:23 pm Image
You need to make this a done deal. They are impossible to find East of Nevada right now. Toyota is pumping the bulk of the inventory to the west coast at a 3-1 ratio right now and shorting the east coast dealers that stayed open vs shutting down. It’s horseshit.

We are buying Regular inventory from the Midwest and shipping them in right now. We’ve gone from a 100 day supply of new inventory to 40 in the span of 3 weeks... our next allocation cycle has us getting back to 60 days by September. We are typically 90 days.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

We are currently selling new Camry and RAV4s at $500-750 off MSRP depending on trim... and getting it.

My used car manager offered me what I paid for my taco in November two weeks ago.

Today he offered me $500 off MSRP, for a truck with 12k miles.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:36 pm We are currently selling new Camry and RAV4s at $500-750 off MSRP depending on trim... and getting it.

My used car manager offered me what I paid for my taco in November two weeks ago.

Sold!

Then order another at employee discount. Rinse, repeat, profit.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:36 pm We are currently selling new Camry and RAV4s at $500-750 off MSRP depending on trim... and getting it.

That’s some :fullretard: stuff going on. Is the taco factory back at capacity or is it caught in the move shitstorm. I’m thinking this price may be fake news the same
Dealer has an automatic with 10k markup
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:19 pm

:math: : :notsure:

That's insanity.

I'm sitting on a used Frontier deal - 2016 6MT with 66k miles for $18250, I'd be trading the Trailcock for $31500 (was worth $25k in April), after :plac: profit and trade tax credit, I'd be financing around $12k versus the $25k payoff I have now. Payment would drop to ~$200/mo versus $450, term would be shortened too. I just can't seem to move forward with it. Used market is insanity right now. But that $600 COVID bonus is gone, and I could SIGNIFICANTLY reduce my debt outlay by doing this deal. Plus it's not a pristine newer vehicle and I can throw dirty things in the back of it NFG.

Truck: https://www.stoltztoyota.com/used/Nissa ... fdd36f.htm

Part of me wants the truck to get bought by someone else so I don't have to make a decision. I'm just full :crang: paralysis on computing the risk factor.

Really pissed I missed the 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport for $15500. Only lasted 3 days on the market. :derp:
50% msrp for a 10 year old taco... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the Frontqueef you're getting is mechanically solid, I don't see why not. But the issue is you're a picky SOB, and the Cock is nearly new and was still NOT OK and required a hood repaint. I am having a tough time thinking that something with 2/3 of the way to 100k end of days miles will satisfy you.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:40 pm Image
:lolol: :derp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:12 pm

Sold!

Then order another at employee discount. Rinse, repeat, profit.
There’s no inventory to buy. Dealers won’t trade anything remotely desirable, and I sure as shit won’t get 14% off MSRP on a Taco in this market. Maybe $1400 but that’s a stretch.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:19 pm

:math: : :notsure:

That's insanity.

I'm sitting on a used Frontier deal - 2016 6MT with 66k miles for $18250, I'd be trading the Trailcock for $31500 (was worth $25k in April), after :plac: profit and trade tax credit, I'd be financing around $12k versus the $25k payoff I have now. Payment would drop to ~$200/mo versus $450, term would be shortened too. I just can't seem to move forward with it. Used market is insanity right now. But that $600 COVID bonus is gone, and I could SIGNIFICANTLY reduce my debt outlay by doing this deal. Plus it's not a pristine newer vehicle and I can throw dirty things in the back of it NFG.

Truck: https://www.stoltztoyota.com/used/Nissa ... fdd36f.htm

Part of me wants the truck to get bought by someone else so I don't have to make a decision. I'm just full :crang: paralysis on computing the risk factor. Also, I genuinely like the Trailcock. I’m just tremendously :notsure: about carrying the debt through this pandemic without a traditional job.

Really pissed I missed the 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport for $15500. Only lasted 3 days on the market. :derp:
BroForks Tre! Ultimate :plac:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I troll some Gladiator forums and social media groups, and everyone is complaining about how impossible it is to find anything at MSRP. Many reports of used trucks selling above new MSRP.

:fullretard:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Found the limit of the Canyon.
5,000 lbs on the Cherohala Skyway = Smokin' brakes.
Wish I had the diesel a little bit, engine was full send getting up some of those hills.

Trans temp never got over 190 degrees tho.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Melon wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:51 am Found the limit of the Canyon.
5,000 lbs on the Cherohala Skyway = Smokin' brakes.
Wish I had the diesel a little bit, engine was full send getting up some of those hills.

Trans temp never got over 190 degrees tho.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:51 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 am I troll some Gladiator forums and social media groups, and everyone is complaining about how impossible it is to find anything at MSRP. Many reports of used trucks selling above new MSRP.

:fullretard:
Truck market is :fullretard: right now.

Not sure if it’s wiser to hold or take advantage of the :plac: profit. :iono:
Getting 31k for a.jgc is a no brainer I would do that if I were you. If you don’t have a pile of money and are trying to reduce your monthly do that, wait 6 months and buy a cheap truk when the supply catches up.

It will, a truk isn’t anything rare or desirable vehicle no matter what the saleshole tells you
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:04 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:51 am

Truck market is :fullretard: right now.

Not sure if it’s wiser to hold or take advantage of the :plac: profit. :iono:
Getting 31k for a.jgc is a no brainer I would do that if I were you. If you don’t have a pile of money and are trying to reduce your monthly do that, wait 6 months and buy a cheap truk when the supply catches up.

It will, a truk isn’t anything rare or desirable vehicle no matter what the saleshole tells you
:dat: :dat: :dat:

This is a blip in values at best. Great time to take the money and run if you can wait a bit for a purchase.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm
:dat: :dat: :dat:

This is a blip in values at best. Great time to take the money and run if you can wait a bit for a purchase.
So here’s the thing. NJ gives me a 2k tax krebitz by trading in, I pay zero tax on the replacement vehicle.

I’d have to find a truck at $16k or less in the future to justify selling and sitting on the stack of cash to make that worthwhile. I don’t see used values dropping that much in the next 6 months. And I need a replacement vehicle.

By that metric... I guess I’m gonna fucking send it boys.
:popcorn: That tax benefit :doe: