Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:41 pm
Exactly. Autos used to suck...but they've come a really long way now.

I'm a diehard :manuel: fan, but you have to be able to admit when it doesn't make sense anymore.
Ford has been doing engines right for some time now. I bet a Schwinn 2.3T would be pretty great if the rest of the vehicle was worth a damn.
The powertrain seems to be the only thing people like in the new Ranger. I'm sure the 2.3T is a fun engine in that truck.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Ford has been doing engines right for some time now. I bet a Schwinn 2.3T would be pretty great if the rest of the vehicle was worth a damn.
The powertrain seems to be the only thing people like in the new Ranger. I'm sure the 2.3T is a fun engine in that truck.
All of the ecobeast engines aside from that shitty 1.5T are good. But sometimes they go ecoboom and are hardly ever actually eco :notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:19 pm
All of the ecobeast engines aside from that shitty 1.5T are good. But sometimes they go ecoboom and are hardly ever actually eco :notsure:
Basically, they're just turbocharged Ford engines.

:mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Can confirm I liked that 2.3 a lot. It’s a perfect small truck motor.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:19 pm

They date back to the Mazda days :disgust: so they are supercharged mazderps
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:21 pm

They date back to the Mazda days :disgust: so they are supercharged mazderps
:ohdang:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:56 pm
It's my job to make sure we didn't make a complete non POS shitbox. The yin to the finance yang.

Though, from my brief experience at FCA, even finance people know the difference between disk and drum brakes.
Not knowing the products is insane to me... I mean you work for the damn company how do you NOT know... in my last gig i had to know 200, now i have to know the ins and outs of 40/50. That's part of the job... or any finance job I have held for the matter.
:dat: Even our CEO seems to have a general understanding of the products and we have thousands.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 pm And lets be real, the auto is better. Hardcore wheeling Jeep dudes all have autos now. It shifts faster, is always in the right gear, easier to drive, still fun. Get over it.
While :dat: is true... there are some :derp: 's that are give me :manuel: or death.... my buddy with Green rubi is soft top + :manuel: didn't even consider the auto... because reasons.
:gaydance:

I just like them despite admitting that today they are inferior objectively. They make :derp: around town fun IMO.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:02 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:39 pm

While :dat: is true... there are some :derp: 's that are give me :manuel: or death.... my buddy with Green rubi is soft top + :manuel: didn't even consider the auto... because reasons.

I just like them despite admitting that today they are inferior objectively. They make :derp: around town fun IMO.
It really depends on the car. Boring slow cars are more fun with a manual... which is why it is fun"ner" in a WRX/STI. I am :notsure: I'd want one in a hellcat.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:06 pm

It really depends on the car. Boring slow cars are more fun with a manual... which is why it is fun"ner" in a WRX/STI. I am :notsure: I'd want one in a hellcat.
Yeah I mean I get it, can certainly understand why they offed it in the C8, although still :sad: .
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Gobs of power with a stick is fun. I think the complaint with the Hellcat Challengers is that the clutch isn't up to the task.

The other thing about the :manuel: cars of today is that they are stupid easy to drive with features like hill assist. Hell, the C7 has a feature where you don't even need to rev-match a downshift. Just drop it down and the car will blip the throttle for you. Personally, I found that feature annoying, but for a friend who had never driven stick before his C7, he loved it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:06 am

Gobs of power with a stick is fun. I think the complaint with the Hellcat Challengers is that the clutch isn't up to the task.

The other thing about the :manuel: cars of today is that they are stupid easy to drive with features like hill assist. Hell, the C7 has a feature where you don't even need to rev-match a downshift. Just drop it down and the car will blip the throttle for you. Personally, I found that feature annoying, but for a friend who had never driven stick before his C7, he loved it.
I actually find modern :manuel: harder to drive well/smoothly in many cases due to the rev hang :disgust:

My Kamry in "Eco Pro" mode is undrivable due to this and not a ton better in Comfort, first thing I do after firing it up is moving to Sport mode, where it works pretty well/doesn't rev hang.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm

I actually find modern :manuel: harder to drive well/smoothly in many cases due to the rev hang :disgust:

My Kamry in "Eco Pro" mode is undrivable due to this and not a ton better in Comfort, first thing I do after firing it up is moving to Sport mode, where it works pretty well/doesn't rev hang.
The rev hang in the 2.0L WRX engine was insanity. It was impossible to drive that car smoothly. Nice thing about the old EJ motor is no rev hang at all.

I dunno. Modern manuals make a lot of things easier. Hill holder is great. Lighter clutches are nice if you're constantly using them. But for the type of driving I normally do, inner city constant stop and go, any manual is annoying as shit. Get it out in the open country and its great though. Even in suburbia its alright.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Eco pro was a nightmare. That mode needs to be banned... m3 doesn’t have it ... thankfully. But the other cars 330i/430/335 all had it and i couldn’t stand it. Also the 4 bangers in “comfort” are terrible as well. Sport was decent
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

FCA just issued a recall for literally one truck.

https://www-motor1-com.cdn.ampproject.o ... ne-1500%2F
Huckleberry

I'll take that over 600 visits to the dealership because "could not replicate."
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:58 am I'll take that over 600 visits to the dealership because "could not replicate."
GM truck owners:

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:58 am I'll take that over 600 visits to the dealership because "could not replicate."
Absolutely. It's a credit to FCA IMO
Huckleberry

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:05 am
GM truck owners:

Seriously. Aside from their ugly ass design language, the treatment I've seen of some new GM vehicle owners has caused me to write them off entirely in my new vehicle search.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:39 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:05 am

GM truck owners:

Seriously. Aside from their ugly ass design language, the treatment I've seen of some new GM vehicle owners has caused me to write them off entirely in my new vehicle search.
My best friend is an A tech at a Chevy dealer and does every transmission/TC job on Colorados and what not. A customer was standing next to his new ugly Silverado and overheard me tell my friend I'd only spend my money on a RAM at this point and the Silvergaydo guy does the typical "but it's a Dodge :lolol: ". His truck was in for multiple things at 6k miles.

:wat: :disgust:
Huckleberry

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 am
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:39 am

My best friend is an A tech at a Chevy dealer and does every transmission/TC job on Colorados and what not. A customer was standing next to his new ugly Silverado and overheard me tell my friend I'd only spend my money on a RAM at this point and the Silvergaydo guy does the typical "but it's a Dodge :lolol: ". His truck was in for multiple things at 6k miles.

:wat: :disgust:
:lol:

"But itz a Dodge! Itz gunna break on u!" screamed the Chevy diehard standing in line at the service department.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Speaking of GM vehicle owners being told "could not replicate" my lemon law case wasn't a complete success but it netted me some cash to make up for most of the SS equity I had. I may just drop it off at Carmax and then go back to being in vehicles which are 20 years old.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

3rdgenfan wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:15 am Speaking of GM vehicle owners being told "could not replicate" my lemon law case wasn't a complete success but it netted me some cash to make up for most of the SS equity I had. I may just drop it off at Carmax and then go back to being in vehicles which are 20 years old.
:ohdang:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

3rdgenfan wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:15 am Speaking of GM vehicle owners being told "could not replicate" my lemon law case wasn't a complete success but it netted me some cash to make up for most of the SS equity I had. I may just drop it off at Carmax and then go back to being in vehicles which are 20 years old.
:sendit:

I pine for 20 year old daily life too.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 am
:sendit:

I pine for 20 year old daily life too.
GMT800 is lifes nectar.