Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:53 pm
10% of a 1M+ unit segment is a lot of buyers breh.

But I think that's shifting a bit too with Ram right now. The dynamics in the segment are very different now. Going to be quite :popcorn: going forward.
Fraud switched to quarterly reporting also right?
Yep. It makes the most sense for resources. I used to be in sales reporting, the monthly cadence is a huge waste of time, and completely :butwhy: when compared to other industries.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:57 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Fraud switched to quarterly reporting also right?
Yep. It makes the most sense for resources. I used to be in sales reporting, the monthly cadence is a huge waste of time, and completely :butwhy: when compared to other industries.
Rounding up 1000s of :dillerman: :fakenews: sales reports must be infuriating... I can't imagine
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:44 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:51 pm

:howdareu: besmirch the bestest, most reliable, most sacred truk in the world?
It's always intrigued me how the Taco was able to retain its following despite the lackluster powertrains and frame rotting issues.
They replaced my Bros frame for free after after 8 or 10 years. Nissan told me to pound sand when the rear end seals on my Frontier Nismo went bad after 4 years.

Something to be said for that :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:57 pm
Rounding up 1000s of :dillerman: :fakenews: sales reports must be infuriating... I can't imagine
Terrible.

And then the results can start a speculation frenzy for no reason. Quarterly reporting is the standard in the corp world for a reason. The auto industry needs to get with the times.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:20 pm
Terrible.

And then the results can start a speculation frenzy for no reason. Quarterly reporting is the standard in the corp world for a reason. The auto industry needs to get with the times.
Auto industry is behind the times on many things. :facepalm:
:dat:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Android Auto!!!!

Turd Pro gets 10 way adjustable seat....

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyota/ ... ts-update/
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 am This is fucking sweet.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972- ... pickup-20/
:nice:
max225

That shifter tho. Other than that it’s great
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 am Android Auto!!!!

Turd Pro gets 10 way adjustable seat....

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyota/ ... ts-update/
The small visual tweaks are an improvement. :iono:

Still saddled with a lump of a non-truck engine, doe.
I don't really see much visual tweaks. Front and rear lights are :notbad: on the TuRD Pro.

Reading about interior tweaks, but can't find any photos.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:30 am

Agreed. Makes no sense to be that long, fortunately that's an easy fix. I like this thing. Will probably go for :fullretard: money :doe: These old trucks are getting way too pricey.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:30 am
Agreed. Makes no sense to be that long, fortunately that's an easy fix. I like this thing. Will probably go for :fullretard: money :doe: These old trucks are getting way too pricey.
This morning i checked... it was 10k... I thought :notbad: now its 15.2 :fullretard: while nice... come on guys... its getting ridic...
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:32 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 am

The small visual tweaks are an improvement. :iono:

Still saddled with a lump of a non-truck engine, doe.
I don't really see much visual tweaks. Front and rear lights are :notbad: on the TuRD Pro.

I don't think it was ever a seat issue. The CAB of the Taco is just short.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Totally. I thought I read about some interior improvements :doe:

I'm probably :wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 pm

This morning i checked... it was 10k... I thought :notbad: now its 15.2 :fullretard: while nice... come on guys... its getting ridic...
This thing isn't worth more than $12k to me TOP. I'm sure it'll brush $20k, which makes zero sense.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:42 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:39 pm

This taco is literally 99.9% the same. Dark tail lights? :wtf: :whocares: It needs a turbo motor... so that it has low end grunt and it needs the 8 speed that is chilling in every vehicle now... Lexus has em. Toyota is being cheap AF with this thing because :truck: buyers are :fullretard: and don't care.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:42 pm

This taco is literally 99.9% the same. Dark tail lights? :wtf: :whocares: It needs a turbo motor... so that it has low end grunt and it needs the 8 speed that is chilling in every vehicle now... Lexus has em. Toyota is being cheap AF with this thing because :truck: buyers are :fullretard: and don't care.
Right. They're moving 200k+ units/year without even trying. Why bother in investing in the product when the brand sells itself?

But the competition is heating up. I'm curious to see what happens when the Ranger is widely available.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Right. They're moving 200k+ units/year without even trying. Why bother in investing in the product when the brand sells itself?

But the competition is heating up. I'm curious to see what happens when the Ranger is widely available.
Ranger is actually a surprisingly decent truck, I think you :member: my mustang reviews of the 2.3. That engine is actually perfect for a :truck: Now the dashboard on the Ranger is the biggest issue IMO. It DOESN"T HAVE A TACH, and the tach that you can "add" is fucking hideous, illegible and unusable. :wtf: FRAUD.

I like that it is the only :truk: that is Turbo etc. It is actually distinctive... but the space is getting crowded... especially post Gladiator launch... they will steal a ton of TURD PRO sales, and ranger will certainly cannibalize a lot of the mid tier trims. Taco lovers are not going to switch anytime soon, but i don't expect their 2019 sales to be higher than 18, I am going to call it a 10-15% decline for sure.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 pm Right. They're moving 200k+ units/year without even trying. Why bother in investing in the product when the brand sells itself?

Ranger is actually a surprisingly decent truck, I think you :member: my mustang reviews of the 2.3. That engine is actually perfect for a :truck: Now the dashboard on the Ranger is the biggest issue IMO. It DOESN"T HAVE A TACH, and the tach that you can "add" is fucking hideous, illegible and unusable. :wtf: FRAUD.

I like that it is the only :truk: that is Turbo etc. It is actually distinctive... but the space is getting crowded... especially post Gladiator launch... they will steal a ton of TURD PRO sales, and ranger will certainly cannibalize a lot of the mid tier trims. Taco lovers are not going to switch anytime soon, but i don't expect their 2019 sales to be higher than 18, I am going to call it a 10-15% decline for sure.
Ranger seems to be getting great remarks for powertrain, and terrible marks for ride and handling and interior. I don't think customers will really care. The trucks will sell.

Agreed that die hard Taco people won't switch, but they certainly won't be pulling in the same number of :derp: s that just wants one because they think a truck is cool.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Ranger seems to be getting great remarks for powertrain, and terrible marks for ride and handling and interior. I don't think customers will really care. The trucks will sell.

Agreed that die hard Taco people won't switch, but they certainly won't be pulling in the same number of :derp: s that just wants one because they think a truck is cool.
I have not read one bad review for ride/handling... that's weird. Interiors are shit in this segment as is, just various partsbin cast outs. But I can't say ranger is worse than average, if anything slightly better as it has a usable cab for bigger guys vs taco
ChrisoftheNorth

Motor Trend in particular hates the ride and handling. Both their initial review and a recent compare called it out.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:54 pm

I thought I read that the Ranger was already recalled? Or maybe that was for Canadians? :iono:
Apex

Here we go:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019 ... interlock/

No one can make a good trans for these trucks it seems.
max225

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 pm Here we go:

Ford announced Wednesday that the wiring from the truck's PRNDL shifter bezel (which displays what gear the transmission is in) could prevent the shifter interlock override from operating properly. As a result, it may be able to shift the automatic transmission "out of park with the vehicle off and without a foot on the brake pedal." While Ford doesn't spell it out, that means the vehicle could be inadvertently left in neutral, creating a rollaway risk.
Seems like a really minor issue, affecting :derp: s
Apex

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 pm Here we go:

Ford announced Wednesday that the wiring from the truck's PRNDL shifter bezel (which displays what gear the transmission is in) could prevent the shifter interlock override from operating properly. As a result, it may be able to shift the automatic transmission "out of park with the vehicle off and without a foot on the brake pedal." While Ford doesn't spell it out, that means the vehicle could be inadvertently left in neutral, creating a rollaway risk.
Well, people died from getting run over by their own Grand Cherokee's... :derp:
max225

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:16 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Well, people died from getting run over by their own Grand Cherokee's... :derp:
People die from choking on cheetos. :derp: 's are gonna :derp: gear shifters are not hard to operate.