Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:38 am
max225 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:05 pm Local taco :dillerman: went from 9 to 26 tacos ... :excited: they also have the exact right lunar rock in stock... but auto... getting closer.

In touch withe dillerwoman to see when the next allocation would come in.

Actually odd thing is... more than 50% of the sales staff from the 10 dealers I contacted are female ... not used to that
How do they compare to the MINI gal? Can’t recall her name.
No pictures :( . But judging by the names (Caila) was last one at mini they aren’t great.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Everyone since has been named Sarah, Plain and Tall.
max225

Wow Lunar rock really looks almost the same as Cement...

it would be same color as mini :lol:
max225

https://www.hanleescdjrofnapa.com/new/J ... 2884a6.htm

Equally equipped tacoma is 48,700 damn the jeep really does need to have 10k on the hood.... 60k for a mid size truck :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:20 pm https://www.hanleescdjrofnapa.com/new/J ... 2884a6.htm

Equally equipped tacoma is 48,700 damn the jeep really does need to have 10k on the hood.... 60k for a mid size truck :mindblown:
:fullretard: IMO, and also why I have such a hard time buying one. I absolutely love the truck, but holy crap.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:30 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:20 pm https://www.hanleescdjrofnapa.com/new/J ... 2884a6.htm

:fullretard: IMO, and also why I have such a hard time buying one. I absolutely love the truck, but holy crap.
I mean are we surprised that toyota has no issues moving the Taco when it is priced 5 figures better? :oops: I would love to cross shop with a gladiator or even a JLUR but the pricing is just :fullretard:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:30 pm
I mean are we surprised that toyota has no issues moving the Taco when it is priced 5 figures better? :oops: I would love to cross shop with a gladiator or even a JLUR but the pricing is just :fullretard:
You have to REALLY want the convertible aspect. And that's a tough sell to pay the crazy premium for most.

Colorados are priced even better than Tacomas, they just don't have the same equip available (like adaptive cruise). Friends at GM are telling me that Colorado is having a near record year as well.

So there's clearly a price point to hit, and it's where the Colorado and Tacoma are. Jeep went :fullretard: and I guess I'm glad because they still seem to sell with insane margin, but as a customer it's really hard for me to justify.

I'm keeping an eye on this truck, as it has just about only the features you'd want, none you don't (except that stupid safety group).

https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... ca5338.htm

But a Tacoma or Colorado comes with all that optional stuff standard for $10k less.

Or a loaded Ram Rebel.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:38 pm

You have to REALLY want the convertible aspect. And that's a tough sell to pay the crazy premium for most.

Colorados are priced even better than Tacomas, they just don't have the same equip available (like adaptive cruise). Friends at GM are telling me that Colorado is having a near record year as well.

So there's clearly a price point to hit, and it's where the Colorado and Tacoma are. Jeep went :fullretard: and I guess I'm glad because they still seem to sell with insane margin, but as a customer it's really hard for me to justify.

I'm keeping an eye on this truck, as it has just about only the features you'd want, none you don't (except that stupid safety group).

But a Tacoma or Colorado comes with all that optional stuff standard for $10k less.

Or a loaded Ram Rebel.
Colorado is interesting. I just think it doesn't look as good as a Tacoma and has worse reliability/brand recognition and resale.

But the pricing is very compelling... 45785 vs 48290 on the taco (equally equipped). And there is some money on the hood for the ZR2 and it comes with front lockers.

I just can't get myself to pull trigger on one for the reasons mentioned above. That 3k is not enough to move the needle for me.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Or a loaded Ram Rebel.
Colorado is interesting. I just think it doesn't look as good as a Tacoma and has worse reliability/brand recognition and resale.

But the pricing is very compelling... 45785 vs 48290 on the taco (equally equipped). And there is some money on the hood for the ZR2 and it comes with front lockers.

I just can't get myself to pull trigger on one for the reasons mentioned above. That 3k is not enough to move the needle for me.
Weren't you also looking for a :manuel: Taco?

That immediately rules out the Colorado.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:06 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:03 pm

I was, but I tried to be fair in my comparison a manual taco costs as much as an auto colorado. The automatic on the Yoders seems to be a common complaint. And I think the :manuel: would add a little big of fun.
max225

Or a loaded Ram Rebel.
Also I dig the Gladiator you posted Green on white... impressive combo. But man that pricing is nuts. Maybe It is just a sign of the times but it seems :wrong: to me
Huckleberry

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:08 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:06 pm

I was, but I tried to be fair in my comparison a manual taco costs as much as an auto colorado. The automatic on the Yoders seems to be a common complaint. And I think the :manuel: would add a little big of fun.
Ah, yeah the auto in the Tacoma isn't that great. My mom has a 2017 Taco in bloo that she is looking to sell. I drove it recently and the auto isn't responsive at all.

Out of curiosity, I looked on Chevy's website and they dropped the :manuel: option entirely from the Colorado. My dad has a 2016 base with the stick. It is okay, but the center console is so damn tall that it gets in the way of shifting into 2nd and 4th.
Huckleberry

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Or a loaded Ram Rebel.
Also I dig the Gladiator you posted Green on white... impressive combo. But man that pricing is nuts. Maybe It is just a sign of the times but it seems :wrong: to me
When nicer Rams can be had for $10K+ cheaper, the Gladiator makes no sense to me.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:16 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:08 pm
Ah, yeah the auto in the Tacoma isn't that great. My mom has a 2017 Taco in bloo that she is looking to sell. I drove it recently and the auto isn't responsive at all.

Out of curiosity, I looked on Chevy's website and they dropped the :manuel: option entirely from the Colorado. My dad has a 2016 base with the stick. It is okay, but the center console is so damn tall that it gets in the way of shifting into 2nd and 4th.
Have her get a quote from Carvana. They are paying MSRP (or were)
ChrisoftheNorth

Or a loaded Ram Rebel.
Yea, I dig it overall but the price is ~$10k too high. It's a 2020 :doe: so incentives might get there in the time I'm looking to buy (November) if the truck is still there.

Will be interesting to see how well these high priced trucks move in Northern MI (I'm guessing not great). At $10k off, it would only be a few grand more than my Whorange truck used but get LEDs and 8" screen.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Yea, I dig it overall but the price is ~$10k too high. It's a 2020 :doe: so incentives might get there in the time I'm looking to buy (November) if the truck is still there.

Will be interesting to see how well these high priced trucks move in Northern MI (I'm guessing not great). At $10k off, it would only be a few grand more than my Whorange truck used but get LEDs and 8" screen.
Dumb Q, given the super low inventories that I am seeing, why in the world would there be incentives. There are nearly no 2020 units left for that "blow out" sale at the end of the year.

Also, every other "forum bro" is going to try and get that "end of year pie" which seems :fullretard: to me (tacoma forum). No inventory now, and there is no incentive to move 2021 units yet, as they will be "new" for another 15 months.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Dumb Q, given the super low inventories that I am seeing, why in the world would there be incentives. There are nearly no 2020 units left for that "blow out" sale at the end of the year.

Also, every other "forum bro" is going to try and get that "end of year pie" which seems :fullretard: to me (tacoma forum). No inventory now, and there is no incentive to move 2021 units yet, as they will be "new" for another 15 months.
Overall, incentives will be much less than year's past, no doubt. Incentives are regional, and it's going to depend a ton on model year mix in each region. Up here, it seems that over half of Gladiators are MY20, and MY21 production has been going on for a few months now. If MY21's really start hitting in volume and there's still a bunch of 20's sitting around, there will need to be some incentives to move them up here. But if the 20's sell naturally over the course of October while the 21's continue to roll in, there won't be any incentives. If anything, I could see some "black friday" type sales implemented to move older units if needed in November, but even then it'll be regional with meh deals.

But out by you where there's no inventory at all? There won't be any deals. Forumbros are kidding themselves if they think otherwise. OEMs aren't dumb, and track inventory metrics very closely for setting incentives.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Overall, incentives will be much less than year's past, no doubt. Incentives are regional, and it's going to depend a ton on model year mix in each region. Up here, it seems that over half of Gladiators are MY20, and MY21 production has been going on for a few months now. If MY21's really start hitting in volume and there's still a bunch of 20's sitting around, there will need to be some incentives to move them up here. But if the 20's sell naturally over the course of October while the 21's continue to roll in, there won't be any incentives. If anything, I could see some "black friday" type sales implemented to move older units if needed in November, but even then it'll be regional with meh deals.

But out by you where there's no inventory at all? There won't be any deals. Forumbros are kidding themselves if they think otherwise. OEMs aren't dumb, and track inventory metrics very closely for setting incentives.
Very little 20 inventory here. And about 1/2 of the levels of pre covid... 20/30 gladiators pre covid now 10/15 tops and mostly 2/3 are 2021

For Tacoma’s even worse 9/10 are 21s now, almost no 2020s anywhere.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm

Very little 20 inventory here. And about 1/2 of the levels of pre covid... 20/30 gladiators pre covid now 10/15 tops and mostly 2/3 are 2021

For Tacoma’s even worse 9/10 are 21s now, almost no 2020s anywhere.
Yea, you won't see anything in the way of incentives unless a brand decides to do a national incentive, but that's usually only when a vehicle REALLY isn't moving or there's a push for year end sales or something.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

That Mojave looks fucking cool man.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:23 pm That Mojave looks fucking cool man.
Yea, it does...and the color is pretty unique in the grand scheme. IRL, it's more green/beige like some sort of Army vehicle color. Not whorange, but it has whorange accents, which I think looks :neat: with the color.

Whatever, it'll probably sell before I can do anything, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:38 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:23 pm That Mojave looks fucking cool man.
Yea, it does...and the color is pretty unique in the grand scheme. IRL, it's more green/beige like some sort of Army vehicle color. Not whorange, but it has whorange accents, which I think looks :neat: with the color.

Whatever, it'll probably sell before I can do anything, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
It honestly has everything you'd need for the long term including the cover, bed liner, LED's, etc.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I really like the Mojave trim on the Gladiator. I’ve seen one or two in person, and can confirm that it’s not just a light brown/tan. Looks really fucking cool.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:38 pm

It honestly has everything you'd need for the long term including the cover, bed liner, LED's, etc.
Exactly. It's ready to go. I just wouldn't chose the safety group, but whatever.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am I really like the Mojave trim on the Gladiator. I’ve seen one or two in person, and can confirm that it’s not just a light brown/tan. Looks really fucking cool.
I still haven't driven a Mojave, but really want to. I was supposed to get one for a week from work before COVID, but it never happened. The suspension should be better than my ZR2, and thus make it more comfortable and fun to drive on and off road. I never "need" the front locker on my Rubicon for wheeling It's also easier to throw 35's on, which I'd probably do on that truck before taking delivery. It's got the MT tire option, which I really don't want for noise and ride/handling. I prefer a more AT oriented tire for my needs.