Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:04 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:00 pm
It's fine for 6 footers for a bit. I don't need a fucking s class sized rear seat.
What do you prefer 6 foot bed or a usable rear seat :doe:
The bed. As I said the back seat is usable since there's plenty of room for the front seats to move forward.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

RAMZ are nice. :doit:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:23 pm RAMZ are nice. :doit:
I would if I could afford the insurance. This one has 3.92 rear gears too :jimp:

My :truk: left me stranded tonight that's why I was looking but I fixed it on the side of the road after a quick walk to advance auto parts. :ohwell:
max225

What's wrong with the insurance ?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:38 pm What's wrong with the insurance ?
My record is bad so I can't afford insurance on something that's financed. That kept me from buying a Volt last year for 13k off
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:41 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:38 pm What's wrong with the insurance ?
My record is bad so I can't afford insurance on something that's financed. That kept me from buying a Volt last year for 13k off
Damn son.. :yikes:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

On the bad record thought...
After moving from Mississauga to the smaller Geoegetown I'm noticing way more police presence, these guys have nothing to do man. I bet kids get harrassed more then normal here.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Guess who needs a tow rig for their racecar. That’s me!

I have no brand bias. My only requirement is the ability to tow the R32, 4 doors, and have heated seats.

Even a frontier appears to have the towing capacity needed. But I’m sure running 200 miles each way at max towing capacity may not be the best idea.

Budget is 25k max. I’m perfectly fine going used. It’s likely my only option at that price point. Id like to stay a little newer and lower mileage. But I’m not afraid to work on the truck when needed. This will be my daily driver so I need it to be reliable. I have no desire to lift, change wheels, tune, etc. I only drive about 5k miles a year. But that may change.

What am I in the market for? F150, Silverado, Colorado, frontier, Ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:52 pm Guess who needs a tow rig for their racecar. That’s me!

I have no brand bias. My only requirement is the ability to tow the R32, 4 doors, and have heated seats.

Even a frontier appears to have the towing capacity needed. But I’m sure running 200 miles each way at max towing capacity may not be the best idea.

Budget is 25k max. I’m perfectly fine going used. It’s likely my only option at that price point. Id like to stay a little newer and lower mileage. But I’m not afraid to work on the truck when needed. This will be my daily driver so I need it to be reliable. I have no desire to lift, change wheels, tune, etc. I only drive about 5k miles a year. But that may change.

Ram 1500 RWD quad cab with a hemi
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:52 pm Guess who needs a tow rig for their racecar. That’s me!

Get a new body style 4x4 extended cab ram bighorn hemi with 8.4 uconnect. Slightly over your budget @ 26-28k but I had one as a rental and it was amazeballs. I'd buy a new gen ram no questions asked over every competitor.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:30 pm

This but 4x4
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:45 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:30 pm

This but 4x4
:butwhy:

There will be a price premo and he lives in the barren wasteland of south/west Tejas. 4X4 will just add complexity, worse fuel mileage, cost.

Agreed that Ass Rammers are dope :doe:

:melon: tows his E30 on a car hauler with a Canyon so that may be an option that's a bit easier to live with as a daily?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:49 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:45 am

This but 4x4
:butwhy:

There will be a price premo and he lives in the barren wasteland of south/west Tejas. 4X4 will just add complexity, worse fuel mileage, cost.

Agreed that Ass Rammers are dope :doe:

:melon: tows his E30 on a car hauler with a Canyon so that may be an option that's a bit easier to live with as a daily?
:dat: get a RWD Laramie if you live in the dirty south. They’re quite a bit cheaper used.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Yeah 4wd isn’t a necessity. It’s pretty flat and dry out here. Plus I don’t really care to off-road. I’m more interested in breaking my vehicles on track.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

You never know when you're gonna have your trailer on some wet grass, or maybe you're on a boat launch in the future? Plus rwd truck values tank harder than 4wd.

But yeah Laramie trim gets you standard led headlights (the halogens are still good though), and uconnect 8.4 with larger instrument cluster screen, plus the availability of :knot: blowers. If you don't want leather though the cloth on the Bighorn trim is :nice:

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am You never know when you're gonna have your trailer on some wet grass, or maybe you're on a boat launch in the future? Plus rwd truck values tank harder than 4wd.

But yeah Laramie trim gets you standard led headlights (the halogens are still good though), and uconnect 8.4 with larger instrument cluster screen, plus the availability of :knot: blowers. If you don't want leather though the cloth on the Bighorn trim is :nice:

Depends on the area. Down south, 4x4 fetches no real premium that I can see (they're also hard to find). 2WD is perfectly fine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Just buy a RAM people

ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:18 am Just buy a RAM people

:notsure:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:18 am Just buy a RAM people

This truck feels ten years older to drive. Bouncy on the highway, the door armrest is hard, the turn signal stalk felt like it was about to break. It had this really weird high effort zone then a really brittle sounding click when it finally engaged. I also had mylink issues while streaming music. I did like the steering a little better though I think.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
This truck feels ten years older to drive. Bouncy on the highway, the door armrest is hard, the turn signal stalk felt like it was about to break. It had this really weird high effort zone then a really brittle sounding click when it finally engaged. I also had mylink issues while streaming music. I did like the steering a little better though I think.
Oh...yea the T1 Silverado sucks for sure. It somehow manages to be worse than a K2.

A used K2 Silverado would be a :notbad: tow vehicle IMO.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43 am On the bad record thought...
After moving from Mississauga to the smaller Geoegetown I'm noticing way more police presence, these guys have nothing to do man. I bet kids get harrassed more then normal here.
How is this properly pronounced? SOWga or SOGGA?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:49 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43 am On the bad record thought...
Sawguh
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Sawguh
:like:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.