Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:26 pm Dat bloo :doe: :wub:
:dat: :wub: dis bloo!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:26 pm Also, you still rocking the gold rear bowtie? Mismatch? :disgust:
Yeah... moving and stuff before I can swap the rear bow tie. Will be rectified in the near future.
:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:26 pm Also, you still rocking the gold rear bowtie? Mismatch? :disgust:
Yeah... moving and stuff before I can swap the rear bow tie. Will be rectumified in the near future.
:hue:
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Yeah... moving and stuff before I can swap the rear bow tie. Will be rectumified in the near future.
:iswydt:

:lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:Dat bloo :doe: :wub:
:dat: , looks amazing in this pic
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:50 pm

You read my mind!
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:33 pm Re-investment in truckcoin is brewing. :plac:
Bloo truktwin! :doit: That will put us at 4/6.
Apex

Or are you buying :waxer: ZR2 already?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm trying to avoid cloning you - it's a Silver Z71 w/spray-in bedliner, bose, nav, trailering equipment, and black bowtie.

I get the Bro Forks appraised on Thursday after my haircut. We'll see. There's some strong incentives at play with Chevy and GMC.

I've also found a white GMC Canyon All-Terrain with similar equipment in Towanda, PA. Waiting on a trade number.
The :dill: s are strong with the General these days. :megusta:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Truk sits low in rear when towing
Better get a new truk

The real issue here isn't the truck, it's the car is way too far forward on that trailer. The Colorado has double the tongue weight rating of the BroForx but it wouldn't be an issue with the car centered on the carrier.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:15 pm Truk sits low in rear when towing
Better get a new truk

The real issue here isn't the truck, it's the car is way too far forward on that trailer. The Colorado has double the tongue weight rating of the BroForx but it wouldn't be an issue with the car centered on the carrier.
:howdareu: try to stop :plac: !
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm
Better get a new truk

I just don't get it is all. You could add a leaf to the Forx and achieve level towing with Uhaul trailers, or you could get a not-Uhaul trailer that allows you to center the car. Yeah add a leaf lifts the back end a hair, but every Colorado is sold from factory with the rear higher than the front so IDK how that's a justification.

But :plac: gonna :plac:

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm trying to avoid cloning you - it's a Silver Z71 w/spray-in bedliner, bose, nav, trailering equipment, and black bowtie.

I get the Bro Forks appraised on Thursday after my haircut. We'll see. There's some strong incentives at play with Chevy and GMC.

I've also found a white GMC Canyon All-Terrain with similar equipment in Towanda, PA. Waiting on a trade number.
:wtf: :fullretard:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:29 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm

I just don't get it is all. You could add a leaf to the Forx and achieve level towing with Uhaul trailers, or you could get a not-Uhaul trailer that allows you to center the car. Yeah add a leaf lifts the back end a hair, but every Colorado is sold from factory with the rear higher than the front so IDK how that's a justification.

But :plac: gonna :plac:

There's a few reasons why I didn't go after a Frontier while I was shopping too. A few of which, I would imagine, [user not found] has thought about as well.

Also, a few Colorado's come with the right side higher than the left. :lol:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm
Better get a new truk

:lolol: :dat:

Problem with Uhaul trailers is that you have no adjustability as far as cargo placement. The strap/tiedown setup requires the tongue to be heavily loaded.

I'm merely entertaining the :plac: for now. I'm also really tired of interacting with the Nissan :dillerman: :dillerman: for service. It's like dealing with a Kia store. I also have legitimate connections at the local GMC and Chevrolet dealers, so service won't be such a :disgust: ordeal.

Additionally, I've been looking into a few things:

- Stiffer rear springs for the Forks are impossible to find without them also being lift springs. I'd then need to lift the front to match, otherwise I'd look like this:

Cost for a proper kit that won't fatigue or sag is about $1500 + S&H. Add-a-leaves are a band-aid solution and will eventually flatten out and lose their capacity over time due to the soft rear springs on the Frontier.

- Aftermarket support for the Forks is also limited. Aftermarket support for the Canyonado twins is growing.

- New Frontier comes out in 2020 likely. I'm taking advantage of equity while it still exists, as once the new gen comes out, values will :nuke: . There's also currently $3000 of bonus cash on the hood of the Canyonados plus some other internal cash that Dplac has made me aware of. I'm utilizing my connection at a local Chevrolet dealer to maximize the :dill:

If I can trade the Forks for about $24-25k, we're golden. If I can't, I keep it, NBD. Just trying to :dill: while the :dill: is good. Bottom line is I'd not have to drop $1500+ on suspension, I'd lower my payment by roughly $50, gain some empeegeez, and start the maintenance cycle over again.
You'll get functioning headlights too. :lol:
max225

I don't understand the point in towing a toy car that is perfectly capable of driving itself. I don't see how this makes any sense... but I am :wrong: obviously buying a new truk is the way to go because it saves money./
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm
Better get a new truk

:lolol: :dat:

Problem with Uhaul trailers is that you have no adjustability as far as cargo placement. The strap/tiedown setup requires the tongue to be heavily loaded.

I'm merely entertaining the :plac: for now. I'm also really tired of interacting with the Nissan :dillerman: :dillerman: for service. It's like dealing with a Kia store. I also have legitimate connections at the local GMC and Chevrolet dealers, so service won't be such a :disgust: ordeal.

Additionally, I've been looking into a few things:

- Stiffer rear springs for the Forks are impossible to find without them also being lift springs. I'd then need to lift the front to match, otherwise I'd look like this:

Cost for a proper kit that won't fatigue or sag is about $1500 + S&H. Add-a-leaves are a band-aid solution and will eventually flatten out and lose their capacity over time due to the soft rear springs on the Frontier.

- Aftermarket support for the Forks is also limited. Aftermarket support for the Canyonado twins is growing.

- New Frontier comes out in 2020 likely. I'm taking advantage of equity while it still exists, as once the new gen comes out, values will :nuke: . There's also currently $3000 of bonus cash on the hood of the Canyonados plus some other internal cash that Dplac has made me aware of. I'm utilizing my connection at a local Chevrolet dealer to maximize the :dill:

If I can trade the Forks for about $24-25k, we're golden. If I can't, I keep it, NBD. Just trying to :dill: while the :dill: is good. Bottom line is I'd not have to drop $1500+ on suspension, I'd lower my payment by roughly $50, gain some empeegeez, and start the maintenance cycle over again.
But no :manuel: in Canyonado. I'd still try and hold out for :waxer:'s ZR2.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:56 pm I don't understand the point in towing a toy car that is perfectly capable of driving itself. I don't see how this makes any sense... but I am :wrong: obviously buying a new truk is the way to go because it saves money./
It's the trip to the Fap that we don't talk about on here anymore since it's not an open-to-DFD trip.

But I have little interest in making that drive next year, I'd rather tow it down and bring the mountain bikes too. The drive down and back this year were fucking miserable. A combined 12 hours in the pouring rain, in a Miata. :nope:

The Frontier towed the Miata surprisingly well, but the Canyonado would tow it better.
:notsure: man. I think you're :plac: ing for the sake of :plac: ing your truk looks fine. It is nicely depreciated now at 24-25k or whatever. The cheapest comparable canyon would be what ... 30k after the one legged brother in detroit discount? Essentially you'd be buying into the same depreciation you already went through. :butwhy:

I seriously doubt you'll have those major "towing" benefits. engine is smaller and less torqy. Doesn't have a MANUAL which you said was a MUST.

Whole lotta :plac: goin on
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 pm

:notsure: man. I think you're :plac: ing for the sake of :plac: ing your truk looks fine. It is nicely depreciated now at 24-25k or whatever. The cheapest comparable canyon would be what ... 30k after the one legged brother in detroit discount? Essentially you'd be buying into the same depreciation you already went through. :butwhy:

I seriously doubt you'll have those major "towing" benefits. engine is smaller and less torqy. Doesn't have a MANUAL which you said was a MUST.

Whole lotta :plac: goin on
So what?

Stop the hate brah. Let me :plac: my worries away.

New truck, no miles, no Nissan :dillerman: , better towing, better empeegeez, :aintcare: about :manuel: in a :truk: anymore. It's the right :truk: for my job. Part of it is also boredom. Part of it is also me not wanting to do anything to the Frontier to make it what I need. :whocares:

Go buy a :jeep: man. :zing:
Just providing you with perspective. You're obviously free to spend your money as you wish. I am not hating at all. Just trying to be the little guy on the left here saying to keep it.

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Some of us don’t look at depreciation the same way as others. Especially those of us in the car business where things are always a little more flexible and easier to swing a deal, or the flexibility of setting up courtesy trades between dealerships to take advantage of tax write offs.

We are around it all day. Even at my store, I’m around anywhere from 3-10 people a day trading in a car and buying a $150k toy. It’s contagious.

In April we sold our first Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo. Special ordered, 12 month lead time. $195k MSRP.
After 3 weeks and 700 miles they traded out of it because they didn’t like sitting so low compared to their 2016 Cayenne Turbo they traded out of.

They’ve taken a $17,500 hit after 3 weeks to drive a Macan Turbo for 9 months until their new E3 Cayenne Turbo arrives. That they’ll lose another $15k on when it’s time to trade out of that.

As far as I’m concerned: I’m content with the fact I’ll always have a car payment, and I budget for that. $400/mo for myself and $300 for the wife with minimal out of pocket... I buy/lease whatever I can in that range that suits my desires at that time... and if I can’t make it work I don’t do anything... simple as that. Depreciation to me just means I can’t trade the GTI for an 86, Canyonero, Miata or whatever. My dealership connections get me interest rates as close to zero as possible so I just fit whatever I can into my budget and have fun with it... depreciation be damned...
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:33 pm Some of us don’t look at depreciation the same way as others. Especially those of us in the car business where things are always a little more flexible and easier to swing a deal, or the flexibility of setting up courtesy trades between dealerships to take advantage of tax write offs.

We are around it all day. Even at my store, I’m around anywhere from 3-10 people a day trading in a car and buying a $150k toy. It’s contagious.

In April we sold our first Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo. Special ordered, 12 month lead time. $195k MSRP.
After 3 weeks and 700 miles they traded out of it because they didn’t like sitting so low compared to their 2016 Cayenne Turbo they traded out of.

They’ve taken a $17,500 hit after 3 weeks to drive a Macan Turbo for 9 months until their new E3 Cayenne Turbo arrives. That they’ll lose another $15k on when it’s time to trade out of that.

As far as I’m concerned: I’m content with the fact I’ll always have a car payment, and I budget for that. $400/mo for myself and $300 for the wife with minimal out of pocket... I buy/lease whatever I can in that range that suits my desires at that time... and if I can’t make it work I don’t do anything... simple as that. Depreciation to me just means I can’t trade the GTI for an 86, Canyonero, Miata or whatever. My dealership connections get me interest rates as close to zero as possible so I just fit whatever I can into my budget and have fun with it... depreciation be damned...
Helps when you have a fancy hair cut place next to your dealer
Johnny_P

Makes cents Z. :doit: I love the canyonero.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:33 pm Some of us don’t look at depreciation the same way as others. Especially those of us in the car business where things are always a little more flexible and easier to swing a deal, or the flexibility of setting up courtesy trades between dealerships to take advantage of tax write offs.

That’s the key to it all.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Getting the :dillerman: bro hook-up on every car-related transaction certainly helps take the edge off the :plac: side effects, but a 4th :truk: in what, 3 years? :dafuq:
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:19 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm
That’s the key to it all.
My fancy haircut place is next to the park my dog loves to run around in. Fitting.