Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:04 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:02 pm

Gotta love people making decisions on products that they don't give a fuck about.
That's GM. Starts to make sense looking at their current product lineup.
Dude... we're like :sissyfight: lately :wub:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Gotta love people making decisions on products that they don't give a fuck about.
I said on a different forum that I think GM put all of their designers on the C8 and farmed out the rest of their products to the same people Boeing used for the 737 software.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:05 pm

That's how you end up with a fucking Fraud Ranger... or any of the other garbage they put out in the last 5 years...
Yep, another great example.

ZOMG Midsize trucks are selling like hot cakes, quick...get the Ranger in the US.

Nobody bothered to mention that it sucks because they didn't know because they don't care.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:07 pm
I said on a different forum that I think GM put all of their designers on the C8 and farmed out the rest of their products to the same people Boeing used for the 737 software.
When Welburn retired, design went to shit. The new guy wanted to make his mark...and he obviously did, just not in a good way.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Dude... we're like :sissyfight: lately :wub:
:gaydance: :zing:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:07 pm

That's how you end up with a fucking Fraud Ranger... or any of the other garbage they put out in the last 5 years...
Yep, another great example.

ZOMG Midsize trucks are selling like hot cakes, quick...get the Ranger in the US.

Nobody bothered to mention that it sucks because they didn't know because they don't care.
I think it was a top down issue. The FRAUD head honcho is all about cost cutting... so the engineers got the rug pulled out from underneath them.

It seems like those that were left, are just :foreveralone: :( dudes that are doing all they can but they are tasked with making a mountain of a mole hill. SAD!

Fraud is completely decimated at the moment, I frankly don't know why anyone would shop their shit... its plain and simple garbage.... :gaydance:

FCA is doing quite well by actually investing in products and making things that are fun to own.
Huckleberry

I think Ford expected the Ranger name to carry more weight than it actually does.
Huckleberry

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:08 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:07 pm

When Welburn retired, design went to shit. The new guy wanted to make his mark...and he obviously did, just not in a good way.
GM said, "We need our own Bangle!"
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:00 pm

Awesome I don't want to get wet with the doors off either
Air bubble with doors off. Got it.
Will definitely buy my 2045 Wrangler with these features.

In 2047 for 20.47% off msrp
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 pm
Air bubble with doors off. Got it.
Will definitely buy my 2045 Wrangler with these features.

In 2047 for 20.47% off msrp
:lolol:
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 pm

I think Ford expected the Ranger name to carry more weight than it actually does.
I am waiting for them to fuck up the Bronco.... now that would be a real disappointment. If they can't get that right... which isn't FUCKING HARD they can't do anything right.

Use ranger chassis... /shorten by 18/24"
Get it some 17' wheel + 33" BFG K02.
Use the same 2.3 I4 or 2.7 already in the line up
Give it a roll cage + some sort of plastic roof that jeep uses
Make it look like a box
Give it funky 70s throw back pastel colors
Give it a rear locker and a 2.72:1 T case.

Like FUCK it will fly off the shelves @ 35-45k and it ISN'T HARD TO DO ANNDDDDD they already have most of the off the shelf parts already.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:15 pm

I am waiting for them to fuck up the Bronco.... now that would be a real disappointment. If they can't get that right... which isn't FUCKING HARD they can't do anything right.

Make it look like a box

Like FUCK it will fly off the shelves @ 35-45k and it ISN'T HARD TO DO ANNDDDDD they already have most of the off the shelf parts already.
I'd absolutely go check one of these out.
Huckleberry

Make it look like a box

I think some actual thought is going into the Bronco. There are even rumors of Getrag having developed a new 7 speed manual for it.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Make it look like a box

I think some actual thought is going into the Bronco. There are even rumors of Getrag having developed a new 7 speed manual for it.
Why on earth would it need a 7 speed manual. That seems like a complete an utter waste.
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Why on earth would it need a 7 speed manual. That seems like a complete an utter waste.
Jalopnik.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Jalopnik.
:dat:

It'll have a 2% take rate, and Ford will have lit a few hundred million on fire for nothing.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Jalopnik.

It'll have a 2% take rate, and Ford will have lit a few hundred million on fire for nothing.
See this is a business decision I would have to get market research for.
Take rate for :manuel: for tacoma
Take rate for :manuel: for :jeep:
Take rate for historical Bronco sales
If under 20% fuck it and save money. Give it a better engine/lights or some extra standard equipment instead... lighting money on fire when it comes to this shit... 7 speed manual... the fuck.. throw that chinese piece of shit tranny from the mustang in there if anything. There is money to be spent on this platform...as it is not a CUV or full size truck so there is little cross over.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 pm

See this is a business decision I would have to get market research for.
Take rate for :manuel: for tacoma
Take rate for :manuel: for :jeep:
Take rate for historical Bronco sales
If under 20% fuck it and save money. Give it a better engine/lights or some extra standard equipment instead... lighting money on fire when it comes to this shit... 7 speed manual... the fuck.. throw that chinese piece of shit tranny from the mustang in there if anything. There is money to be spent on this platform...as it is not a CUV or full size truck so there is little cross over.
Right. Developing a new :manuel: trans for this makes zero sense at all. There is no business case in the world that makes this positive unless it's 100% :koolaid:
ChrisoftheNorth

And lets be real, the auto is better. Hardcore wheeling Jeep dudes all have autos now. It shifts faster, is always in the right gear, easier to drive, still fun. Get over it.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 pm And lets be real, the auto is better. Hardcore wheeling Jeep dudes all have autos now. It shifts faster, is always in the right gear, easier to drive, still fun. Get over it.
While :dat: is true... there are some :derp: 's that are give me :manuel: or death.... my buddy with Green rubi is soft top + :manuel: didn't even consider the auto... because reasons.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 pm And lets be real, the auto is better. Hardcore wheeling Jeep dudes all have autos now. It shifts faster, is always in the right gear, easier to drive, still fun. Get over it.
Once they got an auto that didn't suck :balls: there's little reason to go :manuel:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm
Once they got an auto that didn't suck :balls: there's little reason to go :manuel:
Exactly. Autos used to suck...but they've come a really long way now.

I'm a diehard :manuel: fan, but you have to be able to admit when it doesn't make sense anymore.
Huckleberry

The global Ranger already has a 6 speed manual option. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have just put that in unless they planned on updating the trans for the entire platform anyways. Hell, GM developed a 7 speed for the C7 and put it in nothing else.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’d go check out a bronco if it didn’t suck.

I think what’s happening with the Taco is people go shop a Gladiator. Holy fuck it’s $60k. Well the Taco has been “the best” for a while let’s go check it out. It looks cool, and it’s $20k cheaper. Done.

Or someone checking out a Ranger cross shops it with literally anything and gets that instead.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:41 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Exactly. Autos used to suck...but they've come a really long way now.

I'm a diehard :manuel: fan, but you have to be able to admit when it doesn't make sense anymore.
Ford has been doing engines right for some time now. I bet a Schwinn 2.3T would be pretty great if the rest of the vehicle was worth a damn.