Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I find the diesel to be a bit :flaccid: on the highway. Not much passing power, feels winded. The torque is fantastic, though. Won't have the normal 8-speed issues because they're all 6-speeds, but still aren't bulletproof.

My truck really has been fantastic. Zero complaints other than trans tuning when towing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:55 am I find the diesel to be a bit :flaccid: on the highway. Not much passing power, feels winded. The torque is fantastic, though. Won't have the normal 8-speed issues because they're all 6-speeds, but still aren't bulletproof.

My truck really has been fantastic. Zero complaints other than trans tuning when towing.
Local Chevy dealer has a 2017 Z71 Diesel with 17k miles I can have for $31k and i really miss my truck. I'd make the GTI go away.

https://www.burlingtonchevy.com/invento ... 16h1242926
ChrisoftheNorth

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:55 am I find the diesel to be a bit :flaccid: on the highway. Not much passing power, feels winded. The torque is fantastic, though. Won't have the normal 8-speed issues because they're all 6-speeds, but still aren't bulletproof.

Local Chevy dealer has a 2017 Z71 Diesel with 17k miles I can have for $31k and i really miss my truck. I'd make the GTI go away.

Seems :notbad:

Though, you probably wouldn't have to spend a lot more for a new one as the quarter closes out this month. Probably some pretty solid Colorado :dill: s to be had.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:18 am

Though, you probably wouldn't have to spend a lot more for a new one as the quarter closes out this month. Probably some pretty solid Colorado :dill: s to be had.
Diesels seem to be rather rare birds around me. Gassers are super easy to find, and new could probably be had for a few g’s more than that.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:31 am
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:18 am I need people to talk me out a Colorado Diesel.
GM Service. :doomed:
This right here is why I ruled out any GM vehicle when I was looking.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

There's barely 20 of them in a 200 mile radius, and most are ZR2's around $50k. Z71's seem to be going in the 36-37 range with an MSRP of $43.
ChrisoftheNorth

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:37 am

There's barely 20 of them in a 200 mile radius, and most are ZR2's around $50k. Z71's seem to be going in the 36-37 range with an MSRP of $43.
Ahhh, dealers must be finding diesels hard to push. I figured there would be more out there.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:45 am
Ahhh, dealers must be finding diesels hard to push. I figured there would be more out there.
GaS iS cHeEp :bruh:
Exactly
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:18 am I need people to talk me out a Colorado Diesel.
Bruh
Johnny_P

It's more or less a roll of the dice on whether you get a good :truk: or a bad one.

Seems to be 50/50 on here. I had trans issues, Husbrandon had a bad trans, 3rdgenfan had electrical issues. :melon: also just recently developed trans shudder issues.

Meanwhile, Waxer, Dplac, and Apex have perfect trucks.

I still liked my truck, was kampfy, drove nice, but the GM approach to handling known issues is pretty :flaccid:
Hus has a diesel too amirite so they’re doomed too? Yikes.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

It's more or less a roll of the dice on whether you get a good :truk: or a bad one.

Seems to be 50/50 on here. I had trans issues, Husbrandon had a bad trans, 3rdgenfan had electrical issues. :melon: also just recently developed trans shudder issues.

Meanwhile, Waxer, Dplac, and Apex have perfect trucks.

I still liked my truck, was kampfy, drove nice, but the GM approach to handling known issues is pretty :flaccid:
Mines been alright honestly. No real issues to speak of besides the fact that the factory tires are garbage, but I'm not replacing them until they're worn enough to be replaced. Truck just rolled over 30k miles and keeps ticking.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:05 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:44 pm

That truk got nuked and sold. They also had a truly shitty diller experience trying to get it fixed. Finally did, but that was the last straw.
Jesus
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Truck was ex-landscaper truck with commercial use.

No Bueno.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:56 pm Truck was ex-landscaper truck with commercial use.

No Bueno.
:sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:05 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:44 pm

That truk got nuked and sold. They also had a truly shitty diller experience trying to get it fixed. Finally did, but :plac: was the last straw.
:dat:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeeps-hot-se ... 00564.html

Gladiator under stop sale @Detroit . Looks like yours may not be affected.

Fiat Chrysler is temporarily stopping sales of the popular Jeep Gladiator pickup truck because of a manufacturing defect.
Certain models built between December and June may have a driveshaft joint that was built without the proper grease, NHTSA reported.
If the joint fails due to friction, it could cause a fracture that could lead to a crash.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:22 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeeps-hot-se ... 00564.html

Gladiator under stop sale @Detroit . Looks like yours may not be affected.

Fiat Chrysler is temporarily stopping sales of the popular Jeep Gladiator pickup truck because of a manufacturing defect.
Certain models built between December and June may have a driveshaft joint that was built without the proper grease, NHTSA reported.
If the joint fails due to friction, it could cause a fracture that could lead to a crash.
Only early builds were impacted. Mine is running full steam ahead. Might even be nearly a complete truck right now.

:excited:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Think I'm going to go look at this one this weekend:

https://window-sticker-services.pse.dea ... L4KG553603

It has mostly everything I want, but not sure about the color and the 2 tone paint. Dealer is advertising it at $63k after a $8500 dealer discount and they claim $3500 in rebates. I only know of a $1,000 rebate though, so could be $65k before dealing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Two tone is the way to go IMO
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:40 pm Think I'm going to go look at this one this weekend:

https://window-sticker-services.pse.dea ... L4KG553603

It has mostly everything I want, but not sure about the color and the 2 tone paint. Dealer is advertising it at $63k after a $8500 dealer discount and they claim $3500 in rebates. I only know of a $1,000 rebate though, so could be $65k before dealing.
:truckyeah: :popcorn:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Any thoughts on the RAM Mega Cab?

Seems really nice from the inside. Laying the rear seats down makes for massive :doge: space and also allows the rear seats to recline.

Not sure about the look from outside though and wanted opinions.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:12 pm Any thoughts on the RAM Mega Cab?

Seems really nice from the inside. Laying the rear seats down makes for massive :doge: space and also allows the rear seats to recline.

What do you like ? Do you value being able to Park and make u turns and take this thing into tighter places?
I personally don’t see any need to go above 1500 ecodiesel. It’s already enormous, but if you’re planning on towing etc then I see the need for the 2500, you’ll just be compromised in tighter spots
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:29 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:12 pm Any thoughts on the RAM Mega Cab?

What do you like ? Do you value being able to Park and make u turns and take this thing into tighter places?
I personally don’t see any need to go above 1500 ecodiesel. It’s already enormous, but if you’re planning on towing etc then I see the need for the 2500, you’ll just be compromised in tighter spots
He's expressed wanting to tow a fifth wheel camper.

Regarding the Mega Can... I love the inside, but you'll have to decide if it's worth giving up some bed space. I don't mind the looks at all and I don't think it would matter if it has features that you like. I think the rear seats in the normal crew cab also recline btw.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:09 am
max225 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:29 pm
He's expressed wanting to tow a fifth wheel camper.

Regarding the Mega Can... I love the inside, but you'll have to decide if it's worth giving up some bed space. I don't mind the looks at all and I don't think it would matter if it has features that you like. I think the rear seats in the normal crew cab also recline btw.
Yep..

The thing about the reclining rear seats is the crew cab slides your legs forward to recline, reducing leg room. The MegaCab just does a normal recline and you keep the leg room.

The thing is that for the crew cab with what I want I'm looking at only limited colors within 150 miles. White, black and one blue one. With the Mega it opens up more options like maximum steel (dark gray) and billet silver on top of the ones on the crew cab.

I prefer silver and love the billet silver on my JL.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This is one o am considering, still in transit.

Only thing I don't like on it is they optioned the 20 inch wheels.

https://www.southcountychryslerdodgejee ... 7ecc5a.htm