Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:19 pm
Is the wheelbase shorter on the crew cab? That's weird.
Slightly longer actually. The wheels turn more... and it’s 2wd vs 4wd
I bet that's just generational improvement then. The front suspension must have been tweaked a bit over the years to allow more wheel turn.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:35 pm

The front of GM 2500 pickups look ridiculous in any setting.
They're really hideous IMO. GM design when to crap when Welburn retired.
I think the T1 Denali 1500 is a good looking truck. But man, the HD stuff is just whack.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:44 pm
I think the T1 Denali 1500 is a good looking truck. But man, the HD stuff is just whack.
T1 Denali 1500 is the least offensive of them all, but it's still not great. The Silverado is hideous and the the HD stuff is doubly so.

I think Ram looks the best, Ford is just inoffensive.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

It's like each new GM vehicle is trying to out-ugly the last reveal.

My favorite thing ever was when GM brought the new 2019 Camaro to GM Nationals in Carlisle, Pa. The thing got booed off the stage.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:50 pm

My favorite thing ever was when GM brought the new 2019 Camaro to GM Nationals in Carlisle, Pa. The thing got booed off the stage.
That thing was so hideous, it deserved it. I was there at the time and hearing people trying to defend it was :lolol: :yeahok:

Best part was I was in accessories working with the person responsible for Camaro. She had a grille designed that moved the bowtie up and I told her to double the rate she expected to sell them because of how hideous the base car was an her grille fixed it. She did, and then the plant stole them from the accessories group to fix the front end after so much negative feedback. That increase in capacity she forecast ended up enabling the plant to fix the front end sooner, without it the ugly front end would have went out of production this year.

:csb:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:truk: doing :truk: stuff

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:57 pm :truk: doing :truk: stuff

:fuckyeah:

These things are remarkably good at doing :truk: stuff like this.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I've been seeing new Canyons/Colorados rolling around. Glad I got mine when I did.

Still wish I could have gotten the A/T package with the bloo.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:58 pm
I've been seeing new Canyons/Colorados rolling around. Glad I got mine when I did.

I know. The color restrictions on the A/T pack were :fullretard:

I like the way the new AT4 Canyon looks, but I prefer your truck. The new ZR2 is horrific. The rest of the Colorados are fine, but not a huge improvement IMO.

One big thing though...the air dam is way easier to remove on the new trucks. That was a huge customer feedback issue.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:01 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:58 pm

I know. The color restrictions on the A/T pack were :fullretard:

I like the way the new AT4 Canyon looks, but I prefer your truck. The new ZR2 is horrific. The rest of the Colorados are fine, but not a huge improvement IMO.

One big thing though...the air dam is way easier to remove on the new trucks. That was a huge customer feedback issue.
The base models are really bad.

That's good, I always remember hearing reviewers bitch about it. It's a bunch of tiny ass screws that aren't easy to get to.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:57 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:50 pm

That thing was so hideous, it deserved it. I was there at the time and hearing people trying to defend it was :lolol: :yeahok:

Best part was I was in accessories working with the person responsible for Camaro. She had a grille designed that moved the bowtie up and I told her to double the rate she expected to sell them because of how hideous the base car was an her grille fixed it. She did, and then the plant stole them from the accessories group to fix the front end after so much negative feedback. That increase in capacity she forecast ended up enabling the plant to fix the front end sooner, without it the ugly front end would have went out of production this year.

Did anyone lose their job over that abomination? That refresh was probably the best thing GM could have done to bolster Challenger and Mustang sales.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:57 pm

Did anyone lose their job over that abomination? That refresh was probably the best thing GM could have done to bolster Challenger and Mustang sales.
Nobody loses jobs over stuff like this, designs are approved up to the exec level. It's just chalked up to a miss and :ohwell:

The Gen 6 in total was the biggest missed opportunity to take sales from Challenger and Mustang. The design completely ruins what's an otherwise brilliant car. A taller greenhouse, more usability in the interior, and even a liftback and the thing would have decimated all.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:01 pm

Nobody loses jobs over stuff like this, designs are approved up to the exec level. It's just chalked up to a miss and :ohwell:

The Gen 6 in total was the biggest missed opportunity to take sales from Challenger and Mustang. The design completely ruins what's an otherwise brilliant car. A taller greenhouse, more usability in the interior, and even a liftback and the thing would have decimated all.
This.

The performance and handling was there.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:07 pm

This.

The performance and handling was there.
The car drives insanely well. I love them, even "just' a V6. I've tried to justify buying one since it came out, but it's just too compromising overall. A C7 is more practical, performs better, and just a tad bit more expensive.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I've had a few AutoX people look for the 4-cyl turbo and 6-cyl 1LE models. They would decimate at killing cones.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 pm I've had a few AutoX people look for the 4-cyl turbo and 6-cyl 1LE models. They would decimate at killing cones.
I got closest to buying a Krypton Green V6 1LE. I drove a few when I worked there, and it's really one hell of an experience.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I kinda want a green car now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 pm I kinda want a green car now.
If :tits: gets another car, she wants it to be green. I'm very OK with this.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 pm I kinda want a green car now.
Since I've missed fleet updates, what does Michelle have?
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm
Since I've missed fleet updates, what does Michelle have?
Nothing. Sold the JL to vroom for more than we paid for it 1.5 years ago, so we're sharing the Cucktruck (CT, thanks Max) Ram Tradesman for as long as possible.

She doesn't work, I never go anywhere, so more than 1 vehicle is a waste for us.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Oh dang! Life updates too, that's dope so y'all can travel. 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:25 pm Oh dang! Life updates too, that's dope so y'all can travel. 5/7.
Yea. Full disclosure, unemployment keeps getting extended, and it's so hard for her to find a job that pays close to her previous salary, that she makes more on unemployment than any job offer she's gotten. She's going to ride it out for as long as possible, and we'll take advantage of the opportunity to travel around, and enjoy summer on the boat. Offing the Jeep is going to let me pay others to do house updates to maximize our free time. These days, I value free time more than vehicles I don't drive.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah when I see them I have total respect for the sports car aspect and zero respect for the rest of it. When the Corvette is far more practical than your four seat "sports coupe"............mistakes have been made.
Also the bowtie gets too much use/abuse/is too large on too many vehicles. Inherently...........it's a pretty ugly thing in plastic.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:30 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:25 pm Oh dang! Life updates too, that's dope so y'all can travel. 5/7.
Yea. Full disclosure, unemployment keeps getting extended, and it's so hard for her to find a job that pays close to her previous salary, that she makes more on unemployment than any job offer she's gotten. She's going to ride it out for as long as possible, and we'll take advantage of the opportunity to travel around, and enjoy summer on the boat. Offing the Jeep is going to let me pay others to do house updates to maximize our free time. These days, I value free time more than vehicles I don't drive.
I'm so over being concerned about .gov spending. Get it while the gettins is good, we are only alive once.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Yeah when I see them I have total respect for the sports car aspect and zero respect for the rest of it. When the Corvette is far more practical than your four seat "sports coupe"............mistakes have been made.
Also the bowtie gets too much use/abuse/is too large on too many vehicles. Inherently...........it's a pretty ugly thing in plastic.
Agreed.

Badges as a whole have gotten grotesquely large.