Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:36 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:29 pm

That is probably 2+ years out :(
I'm okay with that. Need the kinks worked out being a brand new Ford with a brand new transmission.

I know this new Getrag is supposed to be modular with the ability to be a 5, 6, or 7 speed. I wonder if it is planned to replace the current Getrag in the Mustangs since those seem to be plagued with issues?
Well if it isn't made in china it should be fine.

But 2 years... damn that's enough time for covid 20 and covid 21.

I have been sort of eying an off roader since 2018, :disgust: with myself about that.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:38 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:36 pm

I'm okay with that. Need the kinks worked out being a brand new Ford with a brand new transmission.

I know this new Getrag is supposed to be modular with the ability to be a 5, 6, or 7 speed. I wonder if it is planned to replace the current Getrag in the Mustangs since those seem to be plagued with issues?

I have been sort of eying an off roader since 2018, :disgust: with myself about that.
That just means more 0% for 360 months with 12 month deferment deals.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:49 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:38 pm

It is REALLY hard to find a new desirable car right now. Sure you can get a V6 dodge charger with 0 down, but anything worth a damn is not discounted or avail.
Huckleberry

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:51 pm

It is REALLY hard to find a new desirable car right now. Sure you can get a V6 dodge charger with 0 down, but anything worth a damn is not discounted or avail.
I honestly haven't looked at what is out there. I was tempted with Genesis having 0% deals, but I'd rather just hang onto the GTI at this point and wait for the Bronco.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:34 pm

I honestly haven't looked at what is out there. I was tempted with Genesis having 0% deals, but I'd rather just hang onto the GTI at this point and wait for the Bronco.
Yea I can’t plan a car purchase 6+ months out. Seems rather difficult. Countless variables
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:iono: $5K of :jeep: was pretty OK in my book. You are just too accountant-y to pull ze trigger. Sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind :wasteful:
Huckleberry

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Yea I can’t plan a car purchase 6+ months out. Seems rather difficult. Countless variables
I don't think I've ever been quick on buying a vehicle. I will spend months looking before I settle on something. Hell, I knew about the 944 for a year before I even bought it.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

:iono: $5K of :jeep: was pretty OK in my book. You are just too accountant-y to pull ze trigger. Sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind :wasteful:
Try to find 5k on top of a sting gray rubi with say metal bumpers, leds, no leather and the stereo.

It becomes :impossibru: surely compromises can be made though.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Try to find 5k on top of a sting gray rubi with say metal bumpers, leds, no leather and the stereo.

:dill: s just aren't happening on Rubicons. They're in tight supply and dealers can move them without much effort, at least around here.

A Sport based thing or Sahara? No problem.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:48 pm

:dill: s just aren't happening on Rubicons. They're in tight supply and dealers can move them without much effort, at least around here.

Hence my point above. It's easy enough to find SOMETHING. But you can't get more specific...
Rubicon
TRD pro
TRD off road (out of stock most places, it was at least 30+ at each dealer in march)
M2
ZR2
FJ's are now selling above MSRP with sub 50k miles, prices keep creeping up.

Anything that's sort of :neat: and unique is kind of a crapshoot. I bet the :dill: 's on a base model silverado are epic.

I know this is a bit more "region specific" but FCA has been decimated out here. Several :dillerman: looted including the one next to my house that lost 72 cars... to theft... 72! And the biggest :dillerman: in the area has been closed since march... 3 + months (i have personally done 2 transactions there). Supposedly reopens back on the 15th.... but who knows. We have a huge supply shortage here.

We have about 8 dealers within 30 miles of my house,
1 Biggest one closed since march
1 completely looted
1 partially looted
5 partially closed, no sales for the first month and online only now...

Like that's BAD.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don’t really understand the number of Rubicon buyers, what is the point for 99/100 :jeep: owners? Our one trip to the beach was probably more off roading than 95% of Wranglers will de with their first owner.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:04 pm

I don’t really understand the number of Rubicon buyers, what is the point for 99/100 :jeep: owners? Our one trip to the beach was probably more off roading than 95% of Wranglers will de with their first owner.
That's the same thing as getting a m3 over a 340i over a 330i, surely you can't use the speed with the nationwide speed limits. You get more features that you want.

Trip to the beach would have been fine in 22k Crosstranny, and you went into on a 40k jeep, and someone is willing to spend 55k on a rubi :iono: These are not "need" based purchases so you can't rationalize them in a way of "my vehicle transported me to the beach, just fine, why would I spend more on another vehicle that would do the same".

The argument for the rubicon is that it provides you with a ton of features for a relatively minor upcharge over a sahara, and it certainly holds money better on resale, so it's not like you set the money on fire.I personally prefer the bumpers, tires, exterior graphics, the locking diffs, the better crawl ratio, unique dash over a sahara/sport.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:04 pm

That's the same thing as getting a m3 over a 340i over a 330i, surely you can't use the speed with the nationwide speed limits. You get more features that you want.

Trip to the beach would have been fine in 22k Crosstranny, and you went into on a 40k jeep, and someone is willing to spend 55k on a rubi :iono: These are not "need" based purchases so you can't rationalize them in a way of "my vehicle transported me to the beach, just fine, why would I spend more on another vehicle that would do the same".

The argument for the rubicon is that it provides you with a ton of features for a relatively minor upcharge over a sahara, and it certainly holds money better on resale, so it's not like you set the money on fire.I personally prefer the bumpers, tires, exterior graphics, the locking diffs, the better crawl ratio, unique dash over a sahara/sport.
Those are good reasons and I certainly don't disagree. We have absolutely zero need for a :jeep: period. Although I do think that a CrossTranny would probably get stuck in deep sand. I guess I am just amazed at how many people are willing to shell out for a Rubi when they are serious cash and most of the upgrades are serious off road hardware that isn't really apparent in every day driving.

I sort of disagree on the M3 vs. 340i comparison. You can notice/use the on-road performance every day. My 328i and Corvette both have enough performance to break every rule in the country, but I use/get a lot more out of the Corvette's higher performance. I suspect almost everyone who buy an M3 will go WOT at least once daily, take an on-ramp at speeds that an understeering pig couldn't, etc.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:36 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Those are good reasons and I certainly don't disagree. We have absolutely zero need for a :jeep: period. Although I do think that a CrossTranny would probably get stuck in deep sand. I guess I am just amazed at how many people are willing to shell out for a Rubi when they are serious cash and most of the upgrades are serious off road hardware that isn't really apparent in every day driving.

I sort of disagree on the M3 vs. 340i comparison. You can notice/use the on-road performance every day. My 328i and Corvette both have enough performance to break every rule in the country, but I use/get a lot more out of the Corvette's higher performance. I suspect almost everyone who buy an M3 will go WOT at least once daily, take an on-ramp at speeds that an understeering pig couldn't, etc.
I guess I was just pointing out that the cars or jeeps limits won’t be tested daily. But with more on road or off road hardware that limit is raised. Whether there is a need for it we both seem to agree that there isn’t, just a want.

The take rate on a rubi is pretty low. I think it’s 1:5 or so. So it’s not exactly the most popular model.

The take rate on a trd pro is like 1:100 tacos, so, these things aren’t exactly bought by the masses
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:36 pm

I guess I was just pointing out that the cars or jeeps limits won’t be tested daily. But with more on road or off road hardware that limit is raised. Whether there is a need for it we both seem to agree that there isn’t, just a want.

The take rate on a rubi is pretty low. I think it’s 1:5 or so. So it’s not exactly the most popular model.

The take rate on a trd pro is like 1:100 tacos, so, these things aren’t exactly bought by the masses
:word: I feel like every JL I see is a Rubi... maybe I just notice them more.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:55 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 pm

:word: I feel like every JL I see is a Rubi... maybe I just notice them more.
Yea i think that may be it ... let me pull their sales figures real quick
ChrisoftheNorth

Rubicons are capped for CAFE, they're really bad actors, so only so many can be sold.

I do think they're much more noticeable :doe: so you probably notice more.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:01 pm Rubicons are capped for CAFE, they're really bad actors, so only so many can be sold.

I do think they're much more noticeable :doe: so you probably notice more.
I'm thinking maybe this area may have higher than average take rate as well... people have money in Charlotte and housing is relatively affordable so people :troywax: on :truk: / :jeep:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The S4 replacement. I called 2nd dibs on this too.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:17 pm The S4 replacement. I called 2nd dibs on this too.

2500 :nice:
:dedong: motor?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:15 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:17 pm The S4 replacement. I called 2nd dibs on this too.

Gasser. AR truck though so it's clean
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:49 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Gasser. AR truck though so it's clean
5.3 I guess? Did those have the 8.1 option like the Avalanches?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Wait the guy who is selling you the S4 bought this and you’re planning to buy it when the S4 breaks?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:01 pm

5.3 I guess? Did those have the 8.1 option like the Avalanches?
6.0 was the base engine in the HDs IIRC.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

A buddy of mine asked me to go with him this weekend to check out a very similar truck. I haven't bought a car in ages, really looking forward to living vicariously through someone else.