Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 am I give my buddy shit for lifting and putting bigger tires on his brocoma even though stock it did all the same trails he goes on now.

This isn’t too terrible also... wow look a $30k taco
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:58 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 am I give my buddy shit for lifting and putting bigger tires on his brocoma even though stock it did all the same trails he goes on now.

This isn’t too terrible also... wow look a $30k taco
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:39 am
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm Can I ask a serious question on here... this is not a troll etc.

But :wtf: is up with all this insane "off road armor" etc, and all this raising of the SUVs, adding the giant tires. It completely destroys the on road characteristics. If trail running is the name of the game why not get something like https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-crew-570-4/ and tow it behind a jeep? It will be far more capable than most SUVs etc...

Having experienced one recently I find it hard to make the mental./on road sacrifice of adding all those parts to a 4x4 vehicle.
Some people do it for the likes, some do it for function, some do it to squash crubs into oblivion in the mall parking lot. :iono:

:whocares: really.

I never lift or lower my vehicles any more than an inch or two, though.
I have oogled the BDS/Zone lifts for the Colorado....
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:45 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:41 am

I have oogled the BDS/Zone lifts for the Colorado....
Eibach Pro-truck on the lowest setting would get my vote. Better dampers, better springs, small lift. Done.
I looked at the Fox 2.0s too, didn't dig into the Eibach setup too much :doe:

I'd probably go that route in a few years if/when the suspension needs a little refresh.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:18 am
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm Can I ask a serious question on here... this is not a troll etc.

But :wtf: is up with all this insane "off road armor" etc, and all this raising of the SUVs, adding the giant tires. It completely destroys the on road characteristics. If trail running is the name of the game why not get something like https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-crew-570-4/ and tow it behind a jeep? It will be far more capable than most SUVs etc...

Having experienced one recently I find it hard to make the mental./on road sacrifice of adding all those parts to a 4x4 vehicle.
I honestly don't get it either.

I would absolutely rock a side by side if I had a place to store it and more places to drive it. At least a stock ZR2 is super capable offroad and makes a solid DD.
If you don't have room for a side by side, or don't have the money to get one.... lifting your SUV/Truck isn't a bad option. You're talking way less money in that than buying a dedicated off road toy plus trailer and such. Can easily drive it to wherever you're mud camping, road legal, etc.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:18 am
I honestly don't get it either.

I would absolutely rock a side by side if I had a place to store it and more places to drive it. At least a stock ZR2 is super capable offroad and makes a solid DD.
If you don't have room for a side by side, or don't have the money to get one.... lifting your SUV/Truck isn't a bad option. You're talking way less money in that than buying a dedicated off road toy plus trailer and such. Can easily drive it to wherever you're mud camping, road legal, etc.
Room I get... Money I don't, lifting the :truk: is flushing money down the drain.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Room I get... Money I don't, lifting the :truk: is flushing money down the drain.
People gonna spend their money on what they want and like. If they want off road tires then let them buy them :iono: I mean, your M3 is an epic waste of money compared to a Honda Civic.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:05 pm
People gonna spend their money on what they want and like. If they want off road tires then let them buy them :iono: I mean, your M3 is an epic waste of money compared to a Honda Civic.
And this includes the desire of overcompensating for something
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

Some people buy mud tires, some people get wasted every weekend. :troywax: gonna happen one way or another.
Apex

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:08 pm

And this includes the desire of overcompensating for something
:[user not found]: should buy a Raptor and see if the :alpo: disappears.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Some people buy mud tires, some people get wasted every weekend. :troywax: gonna happen one way or another.
I mean basically this. People are going to live their lives the way they want to...
max225

My point was that if you have 4-5k to flush down the drain for wheels and alignment and a lift kit you have money to get a side by side. As you have 4-5k just sitting around, so you prob have 7-9k for a used razr or whatever... and you’ll likely recover far more from that than a lift and wheels and tires.

Not saying how anyone should spend money, the point was that the money argument didn’t make sense
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:13 pm

My point was that if you have 4-5k to flush down the drain for wheels and alignment and a lift kit you have money to get a side by side. As you have 4-5k just sitting around, so you prob have 7-9k for a used razr or whatever... and you’ll likely recover far more from that than a lift and wheels and tires.

Not saying how anyone should spend money, the point was that the money argument didn’t make sense
More toys is great... until you realize you need to store them somewhere.

With 3 cars and 2 motorcycles I'm out of room for motorized toys.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:58 pm

And transport them to the fun places if they can't be plated in your state.
max225

Get a bigger house ?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Get a bigger house ?
In this state?

:nope:

The idea of a RAZR sounds great and I've thought about it many times... then I think of needing a trailer, then storing it... then where would I really use it without being a complete jackass?

If I was already in Arizona with access to a ton of BLM desert, I would own one for sure. but here? Not practical. The whole trailer and storage thing got me out of the whole "I want a boat" thing pretty fast, and I would use a boat here MUCH more often with launches into the delta <5 miles away.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:04 pm Get a bigger house ?
In this state?

The idea of a RAZR sounds great and I've thought about it many times... then I think of needing a trailer, then storing it... then where would I really use it without being a complete jackass?

If I was already in Arizona with access to a ton of BLM desert, I would own one for sure. but here? Not practical. The whole trailer and storage thing got me out of the whole "I want a boat" thing pretty fast, and I would use a boat here MUCH more often with launches into the delta <5 miles away.

It's not much different from a track/race car. Giant expensive paperweight 99% of the time.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
In this state?

It's not much different from a track/race car. Giant expensive paperweight 99% of the time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
In this state?

Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:06 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 pm :dat:

Better option is lift the Jeep
max225

Not surprisingly the ranger is quite quick. I have to say I really thought that engine and trans combo was quite powerful. It really wouldn’t be bad in a Jeep.... too bad it’s a different brand etc .... bronco maybe ?
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:32 am

Not surprisingly the ranger is quite quick. I have to say I really thought that engine and trans combo was quite powerful. It really wouldn’t be bad in a Jeep.... too bad it’s a different brand etc .... bronco maybe ?
R u thinking truck/jeep post Kraut-hyper-Kamry??
max225

Davestr wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:39 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:32 am

R u thinking truck/jeep post Kraut-hyper-Kamry??
Really depends on the economy ... can’t just light 30k+ of cash on fire if the sky is falling. I may get an older luxo barge or not drive at all if I follow through with my city life approach. The crown Vic also lives again ... so it is always a nice backup to have
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

https://jalopnik.com/the-atlis-xt-elect ... 1831575920 -- The Atlis XT Electric Pickup Concept Could Have 500 Miles of Range and Tow 20,000 Pounds
max225

Davestr wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:10 pm https://jalopnik.com/the-atlis-xt-elect ... 1831575920 -- The Atlis XT Electric Pickup Concept Could Have 500 Miles of Range and Tow 20,000 Pounds
:truckyeah: :idbu: