Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:42 pm Heated steering wheel is on my dad's required features list too :lol:
So stupid.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:35 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:24 pm

You got a spec in mind? I'm in impressed with the options mine has for the money and it's no where near loaded out.
Cheapest spec with a heated fucking steering wheel. No idea what that is...I haven't looked at all.
Yeah, you can get that for pretty cheap on a Big Horn
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:31 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm

True. I didn't think I cared about that stuff but I kinda wish I got the V8 in the back of my mind because they sound so good. I have 0 need for a V8.

Truck is awesome though. Every time I get in it I'm pleasantly surprised by the interior design and quality.
My dad is looking at used Impalas and 300s to replace his current car and I told him don't drive a new ram because he will want one.
It's super nice. Feels more like a big SUV than trucks I remember driving in as a kid
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:35 pm
Cheapest spec with a heated fucking steering wheel. No idea what that is...I haven't looked at all.
Yeah, you can get that for pretty cheap on a Big Horn
Sweet. With employee pricing and 10k miles per year, hoping to hit mid-$200/mo. I'd be OK with a quad cab, don't need a crew cab.

This would be the wife's vehicle BTW, so I don't care about anything other than the heated steering wheel.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:00 pm

The :truk: to end all :truk: :truk:
:lolol: And it's not even Murican!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I still don't get the hate for a heated steering wheel. They're :nice: in my obviously :wrong: opinion.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm I still don't get the hate for a heated steering wheel. They're :nice: in my obviously :wrong: opinion.
The hate is making it a sole purchase reason for a vehicle. I'll mention a new vehicle to my wife (not even with any intention of buying, just "hey...that thing is neat") and the first fucking question out of her mouth is if it comes with a heated steering wheel.

I'm actually pretty sure she's :trollface: me at this point...she has to be.

But she absolutely WILL NOT consider ANY vehicle that doesn't have a heated steering wheel. It's an instant :nope:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm I still don't get the hate for a heated steering wheel. They're :nice: in my obviously :wrong: opinion.
The hate is making it a sole purchase reason for a vehicle. I'll mention a new vehicle to my wife (not even with any intention of buying, just "hey...that thing is neat") and the first fucking question out of her mouth is if it comes with a heated steering wheel.

But she absolutely WILL NOT consider ANY vehicle that doesn't have a heated steering wheel. It's an instant :nope:
:lolol: if she's really :trollface: you, would be hilarious.
Apex

New Colorado's have heated steering wheels, I should swap out the Z71 for one. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:51 pm New Colorado's have heated steering wheels, I should swap out the Z71 for one. :lol:
My wife would.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:51 pm New Colorado's have heated steering wheels, I should swap out the Z71 for one. :lol:
My wife would.
:troywax:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Yeah, I couldn't care less about a heated steering wheel - we have them on some of the Mazderps and it's not a game changer for me.

Heated seats, though - that's a must.
Heated seats don't just warm you up, but they can also be therapeutic on a sore back...or after a tough/stressful day. I too really like heated seats.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 pm
My wife would.
:troywax:
Seriously.
Apex

Yeah, I couldn't care less about a heated steering wheel - we have them on some of the Mazderps and it's not a game changer for me.

Heated seats don't just warm you up, but they can also be therapeutic on a sore back...or after a tough/stressful day. I too really like heated seats.
They can also keep your pizza warm on the ride home.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:50 pm

:lolol: if she's really :trollface: you, would be hilarious.
Once she makes a big deal out of something like this, she'll NEVER let it go ever. Even if she doesn't care that much after a while.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:54 pm
They can also keep your pizza warm on the ride home.
Also that.
ChrisoftheNorth

I've used the heated steering wheel in the Volt maybe...twice? I forget about the feature usually and when I turn it on, it's just meh.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:55 pm I've used the heated steering wheel in the Volt maybe...twice? I forget about the feature usually and when I turn it on, it's just meh.
I'll use it to warm my fingers back up after scraping the car off since I always forget gloves
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:55 pm I've used the heated steering wheel in the Volt maybe...twice? I forget about the feature usually and when I turn it on, it's just meh.
I'll use it to warm my fingers back up after scraping the car off since I always forget gloves
I never wear gloves. Hands don't seem to ever get that cold. :iono:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Big D has manly hands that don't get cold. TIL

Holding my trucks steering wheel can be downright painful sometimes.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

GTI was my first car with heated seats. I thought it was NBD until I got the Mazda and it didnt have them. I won't go without them again unless I move to Florida or something.

Never used a heated steering wheel so we'll see this winter
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I wanna try one out sometime to see what the fuss is about.

I want cooled seats on my next car. That would be awesome.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:33 pm

I wanna try one out sometime to see what the fuss is about.

I want cooled seats on my next car. That would be awesome.
We all have diff needs. I have no use for heated anything. Hell I don't ever use my car heater... I think it has been 12 months since I last used it. AC though... well...that better work and cooled seats would be fantastic haha
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

My truck has cooled seats and it's nice. Even with the AC on I get swamp ass sitting in traffic. Not anymore!
ChrisoftheNorth

Cooled seats are fantastic.