Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am Old but good article comparing a 5th gen 4R, Grand Cherokee, Pathfinder, and a Kia Borrego.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/co ... son-tests/

Looks like I need a GC. The off-roading they did is pretty much all that I'd ever want to do, I think. PA state forest roads are similar to these, maybe a tad less intense.

Party mode on the 4R doe. I do love to party. :datass:

Shame Nissan gave up on the Xterra. I think a new Xterra would sell like hotcakes, and really that's what I want. Big honkin' V6, give it the Infiniti 7AT, update the interior and infotainment, keep the wheelbase and overhangs tidy. Curious why they gave up on such a well known nameplate, especially in today's "overlanding" boom.
Wow, I forgot the Borrego existed!

What's crazy is that the 4R and GC are still the same vehicles mostly 9 years later. GC is a plenty capable option.

Nissan seems to have given up on any and all product development. GTR, 370, Frontier, etc are all ancient. Bailing on the XTerra was unfortunate considering where the industry is today, you're right...it would probably be very popular now.

The same could be said about the FJ Cruiser. I loved that little thing.
:wtf: is a borrego, also when a decade old jgc looks the most up to date you know you have a problem.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:31 am

:wtf: is a borrego, also when a decade old jgc looks the most up to date you know you have a problem.
Jeep nailed the GC design - it's aged incredibly well. Still looks good today, IMO.
Fca doing a lot of things right
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Jeep nailed the GC design - it's aged incredibly well. Still looks good today, IMO.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 am
Wow, I forgot the Borrego existed!

What's crazy is that the 4R and GC are still the same vehicles mostly 9 years later. GC is a plenty capable option.

Nissan seems to have given up on any and all product development. GTR, 370, Frontier, etc are all ancient. Bailing on the XTerra was unfortunate considering where the industry is today, you're right...it would probably be very popular now.

The same could be said about the FJ Cruiser. I loved that little thing.
Kia came out with a body on frame SUV in 08...just in time for :nuke:

I don't think they made it longer than a few model years.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

This dude's GC Trailhawk is awesome.

https://www.2180miles.com/trailhawkmods.html

Overkill for me but I like the spare tire hitch swing and the upsized wildpeaks.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:48 am This dude's GC Trailhawk is awesome.

Overkill for me but I like the spare tire hitch swing and the upsized wildpeaks.
I will never understand this .... it’s stance to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:54 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:48 am This dude's GC Trailhawk is awesome.

The tires are an improvement for performance, everything else is probably a bit much. HOWEVER, unlike a lot of these rigs done for instagram, these upgrades COULD be very usable if the guy actually wheels it.

Not sure why you wouldn't just go with a Wrangler at this point, but :neat: none the less.
Johnny_P

It's starting to show its age. But that's remarkable because its sofaking old at this point.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:59 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:54 am

The tires are an improvement for performance, everything else is probably a bit much. HOWEVER, unlike a lot of these rigs done for instagram, these upgrades COULD be very usable if the guy actually wheels it.

Not sure why you wouldn't just go with a Wrangler at this point, but :neat: none the less.
Because this drives better than the Wrangler in 99% of use cases. A lot of this is just frippery, but the tires, lift thing, and the front bumper mod look :neat: IMO.
I like the hitch swing thing too. High clearance and whatnot, could skip the spare tire and put a bike hitch rack on it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:49 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:59 am

Because this drives better than the Wrangler in 99% of use cases. A lot of this is just frippery, but the tires, lift thing, and the front bumper mod look :neat: IMO.
I like the hitch swing thing too. High clearance and whatnot, could skip the spare tire and put a bike hitch rack on it.
Yea...but I wonder how well the thing drives now with all the mods?
Johnny_P

:notbad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:49 am

Yea...but I wonder how well the thing drives now with all the mods?
Stock adjustable suspension so I imagine it drives similarly to stock. It looks like a well put-together rig.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Dealer I bought my truck from had a GC trackhawk or whatever they were called in the showroom. It was 99k. I may be crazy but I can't imagine them being able to sell that for anywhere near that.

I'm probably undervaluing the collector aspect or something but if you got that kinda cash why spend it on something like that?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 pm Dealer I bought my truck from had a GC trackhawk or whatever they were called in the showroom. It was 99k. I may be crazy but I can't imagine them being able to sell that for anywhere near that.

I'm probably undervaluing the collector aspect or something but if you got that kinda cash why spend it on something like that?
When you have the means to buy one it's more of a want than a need. So why not?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

As dubT as it is, I've debated putting .5 inch wheel spacers and a leveling kit on the Ram.

I can't imagine .5 inches being very harmful to the geometry but I don't want to cut down the factory studs. I'd have to go 1.5 or something to work around that.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 pm Dealer I bought my truck from had a GC trackhawk or whatever they were called in the showroom. It was 99k. I may be crazy but I can't imagine them being able to sell that for anywhere near that.

In my mind you just buy the Tesla with boat loads of torque.
ChrisoftheNorth

I've thought about a Trackhawk as a "one vehicle to rule them all" solution...but I know I'll still be :| for some reason at some point.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm
Yea, but the Tesla doesn't make the same sounds.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:13 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:07 pm

True. I didn't think I cared about that stuff but I kinda wish I got the V8 in the back of my mind because they sound so good. I have 0 need for a V8.

Truck is awesome though. Every time I get in it I'm pleasantly surprised by the interior design and quality.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm
True. I didn't think I cared about that stuff but I kinda wish I got the V8 in the back of my mind because they sound so good. I have 0 need for a V8.

Truck is awesome though. Every time I get in it I'm pleasantly surprised by the interior design and quality.
:fuckyeah: glad to hear it!

Considering leasing one myself when the ZR2 goes back.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

You got a spec in mind? I'm in impressed with the options mine has for the money and it's no where near loaded out.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

My dad is looking at used Impalas and 300s to replace his current car and I told him don't drive a new ram because he will want one.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

You got a spec in mind? I'm in impressed with the options mine has for the money and it's no where near loaded out.
Cheapest spec with a heated fucking steering wheel. No idea what that is...I haven't looked at all.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Heated steering wheel is on my dad's required features list too :lol: