Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:17 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Yep, and if you look at used TRD off roads they are 38-42k as well... new they are less depending on options and most aren’t loaded around 36-39k
So go buy yourself a new truck my friend.

Get what you want and be happy.
Thank you.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:38 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:02 am

Thank you.
It’s the exact same reason I bought a new Bro Forks when I did. I had the means, the used market was too expensive, and I was able to find exactly what I wanted locally.

Should’ve kept that truck.
It was a good truck, but hindsight is always 20/20.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yep, and if you look at used TRD off roads they are 38-42k as well... new they are less depending on options and most aren’t loaded around 36-39k

:dat: I’m keeping my eyes peeled
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:22 am

Do it.
I always wanted a Taco. They're great.

Get the Off Road, skip the TuRD Bro. It'll hold value great. If you decide you don't like it, you won't lose much on it. Kind of like how my STI is playing out. There's a cost, sure, but it's not astronomical. It's manageable. Take a look at your bank account, and then take a look at realistically how much it will cost you in depreciation over 3 years, and make a decision based on that. It's how I rationalized my STI.... Had I gone cheap and bought another GTI I'd have lost MORE despite it being the "cheaper" car to get into. Similar will happen with the Taco.

Next gen Taco is due for 2024 ish timeframe. You have a solid 3-4 years before any deets come out on that, so that much time before anything changes, meaning it'll hold value great for that duration.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

My buddy that snagged the TRD Pro from Texas is absolutely loving it. He misses his WRX when he sees others cruising around, but other than that is 100% happy he grabbed the truck.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:55 am My buddy that snagged the TRD Pro from Texas is absolutely loving it. He misses his WRX when he sees others cruising around, but other than that is 100% happy he grabbed the truck.
:dat:
There's a lot to like about them. They have a ton of character, drive pretty darn good, and are really capable right out of the box.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 am
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:22 am
Do it.

Get the Off Road, skip the TuRD Bro. It'll hold value great. If you decide you don't like it, you won't lose much on it. Kind of like how my STI is playing out. There's a cost, sure, but it's not astronomical. It's manageable. Take a look at your bank account, and then take a look at realistically how much it will cost you in depreciation over 3 years, and make a decision based on that. It's how I rationalized my STI.... Had I gone cheap and bought another GTI I'd have lost MORE despite it being the "cheaper" car to get into. Similar will happen with the Taco.

Next gen Taco is due for 2024 ish timeframe. You have a solid 3-4 years before any deets come out on that, so that much time before anything changes, meaning it'll hold value great for that duration.
Yea I’m really torn between the pro and off road. The pro has a certain rarity factor that is simply not around with the off road and the limited availability is a draw. But I have literally looked for one for 6 months within 100 miles and 25 Toyota dealers and there has never been one that fits my spec (here)
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:37 am

Do it.

Yea I’m really torn between the pro and off road. The pro has a certain rarity factor that is simply not around with the off road and the limited availability is a draw. But I have literally looked for one for 6 months within 100 miles and 25 Toyota dealers and there has never been one that fits my spec (here)
Aside from rarity what's the reason to go Pro in your mind? What do you need/gain with it? The OffRoad will conquer every national park road stock, and is cheaper to buy into with better resale %.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:40 am

Aside from rarity what's the reason to go Pro in your mind? What do you need/gain with it? The OffRoad will conquer every national park road stock, and is cheaper to buy into with better resale %.
I figured better ride quality which is key for me. But fled seems to state that the fox cocks don’t do Nofin for on road. So now I’m semi debating the off road again.

The trd pro has nothing above the off road other than bigger skid up front which doesn’t matter to me. I don’t plan on crashing on rocks. ( I don’t have any off road desires above the off road that the pro fills)

Here is what is good about the pro that does matter to me :
1. Led headlights
2. Better stereo
3. Turd exhaust
4. Better shift knob (yes it’s $170 and I can retrofit but still)
5. Better wheels and tires
6. Exclusive colors that you can’t get on the plebe version
7. Torn on the leather, on one hand it makes it look a lot less cheap inside, on the other Toyota leather has been shit historically.
8. Fancy shocks as mentioned
9. I really enjoy having a jcw as it is the top of the line mini, (until gp) same would go for a pro, think wrx vs sti.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:45 am

I figured better ride quality which is key for me. But fled seems to state that the fox cocks don’t do Nofin for on road. So now I’m semi debating the off road again.

The trd pro has nothing above the off road other than bigger skid up front which doesn’t matter to me. I don’t plan on crashing on rocks. ( I don’t have any off road desires above the off road that the pro fills)

1. Led headlights
2. Better stereo
3. Turd exhaust
7. Torn on the leather, on one hand it makes it look a lot less cheap inside, on the other Toyota leather has been shit historically.
9. I really enjoy having a jcw as it is the top of the line mini, (until gp) same would go for a pro, think wrx vs sti.
Interesting. FWIW, the only reason I took the STI over the WRX was I liked the character of the EJ motor a lot more. That was it. Everything else the WRX was perfectly fine.

I guess color, stereo, etc can matter. Wheels/tires can swap and then resell later, TuRD exhaust doesn't sound good, LED headlights can be had on the OffRoad (Fled's has these), stereo wise they're all going to be pretty crap anyway.

Dunno.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:52 am

1. Led headlights
2. Better stereo
3. Turd exhaust
Interesting. FWIW, the only reason I took the STI over the WRX was I liked the character of the EJ motor a lot more. That was it. Everything else the WRX was perfectly fine.

I guess color, stereo, etc can matter. Wheels/tires can swap and then resell later, TuRD exhaust doesn't sound good, LED headlights can be had on the OffRoad (Fled's has these), stereo wise they're all going to be pretty crap anyway.

Dunno.
I can address every issue in aftermarket but I’d rather pay up front for a factory solution.

The trd off will obviously be cheaper, but it’ll need stereo + lights for me to be happy with it. And that’s another 2k on top of a brand new truk. I haven’t seen any with the led headlights in the 100+ here that I looked at unless they have the fancy leather and sticker for 43k vs 45k for the pro
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Do it.

The rarity doesn’t get you much though from a resale value standpoint though. Aside from the awesome color... which will probably show up on an Off Road for 2021/22 like the Cement, Quicksand, Voodoo Blue and Cavalry Blue options over the last few years.

I think it makes more sense to go OR and then spend some of the price difference on the suspension and wheels/tires you want, unless the green is the dealbreaker. The hood scoop is not functional and in a no-option Pro you’re skipping out on the leather tech stuff just like the OR. Build what you want and have it more unique that way.

New Taco is scheduled after Tundra in late 2023, with both of them offering a hybrid.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:55 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:52 am

Dunno.
I can address every issue in aftermarket but I’d rather pay up front for a factory solution.

The trd off will obviously be cheaper, but it’ll need stereo + lights for me to be happy with it. And that’s another 2k on top of a brand new truk. I haven’t seen any with the led headlights in the 100+ here that I looked at unless they have the fancy leather and sticker for 43k vs 45k for the pro
Interesting. Those the only 2 models you're considering?

I understand not wanting to upgrade aftermarket. I wouldn't want to do that with a stereo, where you're tearing into doors and creating rattles for what amounts to little real gain. The wheels/tires/knob would bother me less, since you can easily sell that stuff later on.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 am
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:55 am

Yep, I am not paying sticker for a jeep. And I much prefer the ride/handling of a taco. Bronco is 2 years out
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:59 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 am

Yep, I am not paying sticker for a jeep. And I much prefer the ride/handling of a taco. Bronco is 2 years out
Taco is a much more reasonable DD on the ride/handling scale than the Jeep is. Bronco would be a nice solution but agreed I wouldn't touch it for 2 years because 1st gen Fraud. Well you can't anyway, there aren't enough of them being made.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:57 am

The rarity doesn’t get you much though from a resale value standpoint though. Aside from the awesome color... which will probably show up on an Off Road for 2021/22 like the Cement, Quicksand, Voodoo Blue and Cavalry Blue options over the last few years.

I think it makes more sense to go OR and then spend some of the price difference on the suspension and wheels/tires you want, unless the green is the dealbreaker. The hood scoop is not functional and in a no-option Pro you’re skipping out on the leather tech stuff just like the OR. Build what you want and have it more unique that way.

New Taco is scheduled after Tundra in late 2023, with both of them offering a hybrid.
Yep all good points mr Fled. I’m aware the pro will cost me more in the long run, not arguing that at all.

What exactly does the leather package add? Nav, sunroof, Stereo, leds ?

I only want 2/4 of those
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

1. Led headlights
2. Better stereo
3. Turd exhaust
1:LED headlights are possible to find with no other options. That’s what my truck is. MSRP was $39,200 on the East Coast. They should be mandatory.
2:JBL stereos are rarely worth the upgrade. 2020 gets you the bigger head unit with AA/CarPlay, and the two tweeters in the dash are easily changed out with $99 OEM Plug and play Kicker tweeters from the STI and make a huge difference in sound.
3:TRD exhaust is a hair boomy/droney at highway speeds and the standard exhaust sounds ok. The $70 OEM black chrome tip makes it look the same.
4:better shift knob options out there anyway. Moot point on an Auto.
5:tires on the OR are same as Pro, it’s just the new wheels on the Pro that are lightweight. The Goodyears are so-so in more aggressive off road environments and an upgrade to the Falken AT3W is where I’d put my cash.
6:Army Green is tits. It’ll probably show up on plebe trims in a year or two like the other once-exclusive colors.
7:Toyota Leather is so-so. Side panels/bolsters are prone to wrinkling. Rarely tears, but looks “meh”. No heated seats with cloth, though.
8:fancy shocks are nice, but a hell of a price swing like I said before. Hard to justify.
9:can’t argue, but you can easily make something unique and better looking on your own.
max225

Just FYI not looking for an auto. I heard bad things about the trd pro exhaust in auto vs manuel.

Also the head lights seem rare here. We mainly get trd off road + tech ($770 color matched rear bumper and sensors) which is a key option for me as well. I don’t like the look of the chrome.

36,550-37,400 msrp range is where I saw most, not one had leds. (Various rubber mats and minor options causing the price deltas). And I have been looking for 6 months ...
max225

https://www.freeman-toyota.com/vehicle/ ... 5lx241056/

This is how we get them all. Also this :dillerman: is my fav, and they just sold the cement twin of the Barcelona red in 2 fking days
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm Just FYI not looking for an auto. I heard bad things about the trd pro exhaust in auto vs manuel.

Also the head lights seem rare here. We mainly get trd off road + tech ($770 color matched rear bumper and sensors) which is a key option for me as well. I don’t like the look of the chrome.

36,550-37,400 msrp range is where I saw most, not one had leds. (Various rubber mats and minor options causing the price deltas). And I have been looking for 6 months ...
Yeah, with the unique way allocations are built with Toyota regions handling the orders and the lack of true build to order vehicles, it makes finding what you want very tough.

Out west, the regions are based in LA, San Francisco, then Portland, Denver/Mountain States, then the Gulf States (GST regions) based out of Texas.

From where you’re searching, most of your inventory is going to be SF/LA. See how trucks are being optioned in the neighboring regions.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:37 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm Just FYI not looking for an auto. I heard bad things about the trd pro exhaust in auto vs manuel.

Yeah, with the unique way allocations are built with Toyota regions handling the orders and the lack of true build to order vehicles, it makes finding what you want very tough.

Out west, the regions are based in LA, San Francisco, then Portland, Denver/Mountain States, then the Gulf States (GST regions) based out of Texas.

From where you’re searching, most of your inventory is going to be SF/LA. See how trucks are being optioned in the neighboring regions.
Buy a Toyota.com has been epic it allows me to search all of NorCal 20+ dealers at once or so cal (another 30):

Just checked and I found one I like in Nevada In voodoo blue ( no leds) ... but I hate the out of state aspect.

Not 1 out of 1500+ Tacoma’s in stock in manuel + led headlights without the leather
Johnny_P

Automatic fun sporty car
Manual truck
:wat:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:19 pm Automatic fun sporty car
Manual truck
2020 bro.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:19 pm Automatic fun sporty car
Manual truck
:dealwithit:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Too decisive. No hand wringing. Leaves him open to the possibility that he will miss another robbery at gunpoint like with Peter Poon. Know your Soviet.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.