Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:27 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:41 pm

No Carolina squat no care.

You clearly do not Texas, bro. 20's at least would be huge sellers in the south.
I don't doubt that, still...the investment cost is pretty steep, and at that time I thought would take the brand in a direction I didn't want it to go in.
Could they spread out investment costs by offering the upgraded wheels on the Traverse/Acadia etc? Assuming the bolt pattern is still the same and the wheel offsets aren't drastically different.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:59 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:27 am
I don't doubt that, still...the investment cost is pretty steep, and at that time I thought would take the brand in a direction I didn't want it to go in.
Could they spread out investment costs by offering the upgraded wheels on the Traverse/Acadia etc? Assuming the bolt pattern is still the same and the wheel offsets aren't drastically different.
Looked into that and bolt patterns are different. I tried to get the bolt pattern to be common with T1 so the full size wheels would bolt on, but that was also a :nope: for some reason.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Curious what y’all think , I still want to :plac: a bit and get a very comfortable utilitarian vehicle. As you’ve read I’m Sort of all over the place when it comes to that, I’ll have a commuter handy for the times that work May start in 12 months.

Is it a terrible time for something new ?
Should I wait a bit longer until the end of year saleathon ?
Is inventory ever going to recover or is this a new normal ?

Can’t really figure out when to pull the trigger
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:57 am Curious what y’all think , I still want to :plac: a bit and get a very comfortable utilitarian vehicle. As you’ve read I’m Sort of all over the place when it comes to that, I’ll have a commuter handy for the times that work May start in 12 months.

How much economic growth do we have left? I feel like things are pretty back to normal in most places, and the only thing we are really missing here are group gatherings over 50 people. Our real estate prices are making up for the temporary dip, which usually flows sustained growth for a few years. Interest rates are set to stay low, and will probably go up a percent or two worst case, and three years out (IMO). Higher real estate valuations make people feel wealthier and usually gets them to :troywax: but I feel like that will be capped off by a reduction of free government money.

Saying all of the above, I'm no closer to knowing a damn thing about what comes next and how it will look, but I'm betting on a long growth cycle like we usually have after a crash of any sort in the past.

We have really crappy seasonal lows, and can probably bang out a good deal with a :dillerman: at the end of the month into Jan/Feb when people spent all their money on :bs: x-mas spending.

FYI: I worked out a deal on a Rav4 Trail but backed out, the dealership was willing to let it go at employee pricing since they thought I was going to get that price from another dealer (my buddy works as a mechanic for Toyota and I name dropped). The offer was $1500 off MSRP IIRC
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:57 am Curious what y’all think , I still want to :plac: a bit and get a very comfortable utilitarian vehicle. As you’ve read I’m Sort of all over the place when it comes to that, I’ll have a commuter handy for the times that work May start in 12 months.

Not now.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Not now.
March - Not now Covid
June - Not now house purchase
August - Not now Inventory issues

I guess cocktober it is... ?

6 months :hibachi: already passed I figured may scope the market...

there has been a recent surge in "desirable" trd off road/pro inventory locally... it is likely going to be gone if I don't act... I guess is what prompted me to the Q. :dillerman: will likely tell me they are not making money on the sale, and I can resell 6 months later for PROFIT. At least that is what they told me on the TDI when I asked why why they are listing used cars for MORE than new.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Not now.
March - Not now Covid

there has been a recent surge in "desirable" trd off road/pro inventory locally... it is likely going to be gone if I don't act... I guess is what prompted me to the Q. :dillerman: will likely tell me they are not making money on the sale, and I can resell 6 months later for PROFIT. At least that is what they told me on the TDI when I asked why why they are listing used cars for MORE than new.
You have two options:

1. Suppress your inner Soviet Beancounter self loathing cars are a money pit personality and admit that you want a Taco bad and have the money.
2. Wait for unemployment payments to die off and see if the people who have been buying fancy cars instead of paying rent start getting evicted and so forth. There is an insane welfare state going on in Murica right now but it can't last forever and when it pops there are going to be some weird residual things. Cars may be one of them.

Nobody will hate you if you just go buy a truck.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:39 pm
March - Not now Covid

You have two options:

1. Suppress your inner Soviet Beancounter self loathing cars are a money pit personality and admit that you want a Taco bad and have the money.
2. Wait for unemployment payments to die off and see if the people who have been buying fancy cars instead of paying rent start getting evicted and so forth. There is an insane welfare state going on in Murica right now but it can't last forever and when it pops there are going to be some weird residual things. Cars may be one of them.

Certainly doesn’t hurt to wait... but how long is the question. Good points were made.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

March - Not now Covid

You have two options:

:dat:

@Max, you have been beating yourself up over this for YEARS. :butwhy: You want a Taco, can afford a Taco, don't seem to have overpowering :plac: tendencies, why not just get one? The deals might be worse in six months, they might be better. Guess what? No one will know until the time is upon us. This COVID :bs: is a prime example that predicting the future is impossible and while it is best to make good choices, sometimes treating yourself to something you enjoy is the best choice.

I don't understand this obsession over spending $2K more/less on a $40K+ purchase, why does it even matter?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I feel like everyone my age has been talking about "the next dip in housing prices" for a solid decade. I graduated from college 10 years ago and they have just gone up 10%/year here ever since with no end in sight, you could wait wait wait and just wind up sad in a cardboard box because you can't afford rent anymore. Cars aren't exactly the same, but I doubt there will be enough of a difference in either direction for it to make any impact if you'd like to actually own the vehicle at some point in this decade.

So just go buy something or accept that you're a MINI man and move on with life and :pinshit: :haus: projects.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:11 pm

You have two options:

@Max, you have been beating yourself up over this for YEARS. :butwhy: You want a Taco, can afford a Taco, don't seem to have overpowering :plac: tendencies, why not just get one? The deals might be worse in six months, they might be better. Guess what? No one will know until the time is upon us. This COVID :bs: is a prime example that predicting the future is impossible and while it is best to make good choices, sometimes treating yourself to something you enjoy is the best choice.

I don't understand this obsession over spending $2K more/less on a $40K+ purchase, why does it even matter?
:howdareu:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Max, I’d just wait until your perfect spec Taco shows up local and pull the trigger on that. If that’s now or 3 months from now so be it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:sass:
max225

You have two options:

Whale the current cost differential is around 5k (pre March to today). That’s a euro vacation for two for 7-8 days.

It matters just like me going to a grocery store and paying $30 vs $5030 money is money breh. If supply goes back to “normal” and the $2500 rebate + $1500 dealer discounts come back in 2/3 months then you bet your ass I’d rather wait (trd off road pricing)

Turd pros were never discounted so it makes that pricing a lot closer but some dealers are marking $7000, since I haven’t gotten real quotes as everything was 600 miles + prior, I haven’t been able to price it just yet. Maybe all are currently marked up as per fleds comments which I take as canary in the coalmine.

:member: the 10k sitting on gladiators ?! Sticker now
:member: the 7-10k off all day on wranglers here ?! 2-4K tops now... and no inventory to chose from... trying times. Ironically Toyota inventories seem to have rebounded far better and they are cranking out trd off roads and pros in manuals or at least that’s what my :dillerman: friends in Cali are getting
max225

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:20 pm Max, I’d just wait until your perfect spec Taco shows up local and pull the trigger on that. If that’s now or 3 months from now so be it.
There is one in Oregon ... which would make it an out of state ... and there are two at sticker here ... but it’s trd off road not pro. No pros without markup nearby in green.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:14 pm I feel like everyone my age has been talking about "the next dip in housing prices" for a solid decade. I graduated from college 10 years ago and they have just gone up 10%/year here ever since with no end in sight, you could wait wait wait and just wind up sad in a cardboard box because you can't afford rent anymore. Cars aren't exactly the same, but I doubt there will be enough of a difference in either direction for it to make any impact if you'd like to actually own the vehicle at some point in this decade.

So just go buy something or accept that you're a MINI man and move on with life and :pinshit: :haus: projects.
That’s why I pulled the trigger also... I got tired of waiting since 2012 .... besides everyone got bailed out last time
They dipped and blamed the banks for “predatory lending”
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:49 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:20 pm Max, I’d just wait until your perfect spec Taco shows up local and pull the trigger on that. If that’s now or 3 months from now so be it.
There is one in Oregon ... which would make it an out of state ... and there are two at sticker here ... but it’s trd off road not pro. No pros without markup nearby in green.
To me it sounds like you want a :manual: Pro in green. Or at least that is what I took from your posts. You’re not in a rush, so no need to do an out of state purchase and should keep you away from the cesspool known as the DMV.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:01 pm

You have two options:

Certainly doesn’t hurt to wait... but how long is the question. Good points were made.
Toyota builds to order, they have a little dealer allocation but I wouldn't expect too much under MSRP. Dealer ain't going to lose money. The counterargument is that you may find a used one, but the amount of people trying to scoop it up will be insane.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:51 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:59 am

Looked into that and bolt patterns are different. I tried to get the bolt pattern to be common with T1 so the full size wheels would bolt on, but that was also a :nope: for some reason.
Wow I figured since the mid size and fullsize trucks are different that the other two GM 6 lug products would be the same but nope. Three different 6 lug platforms, all with different bolt patterns.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:47 pm

Whale the current cost differential is around 5k (pre March to today). That’s a euro vacation for two for 7-8 days.

It matters just like me going to a grocery store and paying $30 vs $5030 money is money breh. If supply goes back to “normal” and the $2500 rebate + $1500 dealer discounts come back in 2/3 months then you bet your ass I’d rather wait (trd off road pricing)

Turd pros were never discounted so it makes that pricing a lot closer but some dealers are marking $7000, since I haven’t gotten real quotes as everything was 600 miles + prior, I haven’t been able to price it just yet. Maybe all are currently marked up as per fleds comments which I take as canary in the coalmine.

:member: the 7-10k off all day on wranglers here ?! 2-4K tops now... and no inventory to chose from... trying times. Ironically Toyota inventories seem to have rebounded far better and they are cranking out trd off roads and pros in manuals or at least that’s what my :dillerman: friends in Cali are getting
I guess you're right, I think we would've just walked on the :jeep: :dill: at MSRP, $42K + TTL is too rich for my blood. I have a mental block at $40K for vehicles. Still though, it could just as easily get worse before it gets better. It doesn't seem like Toyota :dill: as much as American makes, you could reach out to all local :dillerman: and just ask to order a :manuel: green Pro and see what they offer. I would say MSRP or less is fine in that case, IMO.
max225

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:14 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:49 pm

To me it sounds like you want a :manual: Pro in green. Or at least that is what I took from your posts. You’re not in a rush, so no need to do an out of state purchase and should keep you away from the cesspool known as the DMV.
Correcto, “no option” trd pro in green. Should have about a 45k MSRP
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:26 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:47 pm

I guess you're right, I think we would've just walked on the :jeep: :dill: at MSRP, $42K + TTL is too rich for my blood. I have a mental block at $40K for vehicles. Still though, it could just as easily get worse before it gets better. It doesn't seem like Toyota :dill: as much as American makes, you could reach out to all local :dillerman: and just ask to order a :manuel: green Pro and see what they offer. I would say MSRP or less is fine in that case, IMO.
Yea the issue is, you can’t “order” a TRD pro or any Toyota for that matter. Dealers get an “allocation” and if another dealer has one in the correct combo too they would have to fight with them about it... to see if they can color swap. It’s kind of :disgust: compared to what I saw with FCA
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:15 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:01 pm
Toyota builds to order, they have a little dealer allocation but I wouldn't expect too much under MSRP. Dealer ain't going to lose money. The counterargument is that you may find a used one, but the amount of people trying to scoop it up will be insane.
Used is more than new at the moment. People trying to “flip” them for 52-60k with 5-15k miles
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:41 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Used is more than new at the moment. People trying to “flip” them for 52-60k with 5-15k miles

That's :ludacris: , and yet it's happening!
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:55 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:41 pm

That's :ludacris: , and yet it's happening!
Yep, and if you look at used TRD off roads they are 38-42k as well... new they are less depending on options and most aren’t loaded around 36-39k