Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:44 pm
Frontier?
Yep
Really curious to see what Nissan does with this thing. The midsize truck segment has been white hot for a few years now, and the Frontier while ancient, has sold fine. Better bring the a-game.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:49 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:47 pm
Yep
Really curious to see what Nissan does with this thing. The midsize truck segment has been white hot for a few years now, and the Frontier while ancient, has sold fine. Better bring the a-game.
In4 Broforx :popcorn:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:15 pm :wat:
How many phone cases did you go through at one point on one phone?
When I was a dumbass I had like 5 concurrent cases
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Would it make sense to do an early oil change on the :taco: as it is a brand new motor etc?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:58 pm Would it make sense to do an early oil change on the :taco: as it is a brand new motor etc?
Probably not. The whole break-in oil thing has mostly been debunked as a myth for modern engines.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:58 pm Would it make sense to do an early oil change on the :taco: as it is a brand new motor etc?
Probably not. The whole break-in oil thing has mostly been debunked as a myth for modern engines.
Not super worried about the "oil" more so what crap came off the various components wearing in.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Just do the 5k oil changes, even if the manual says longer, toss it out.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I would just change the filter and top off.
Huckleberry

Really, the only break-in is the seating of the piston rings, and they either seat or they don't.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:02 am
Really, the only break-in is the seating of the piston rings, and they either seat or they don't.
:dat:

And even that is likely done before you even get the vehicle.
max225

Couple of minor annoyances.
1. The lights don’t turn off for a solid minute after the car is turned off. Unless I lock it, but I don’t like locking the car in my own garage
2. The auto light sensor is too sensitive and turns on the lights in shady areas overpasses etc. this is somewhat annoying because the HU becomes
Illegible as it “dims” for the night mode. I can obviously over ride it and just turn the lights on manually but the fuck did I pay for the feature
max225

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:22 am Couple of minor annoyances.
1. The lights don’t turn off for a solid minute after the car is turned off. Unless I lock it, but I don’t like locking the car in my own garage
2. The auto light sensor is too sensitive and turns on the lights in shady areas overpasses etc. this is somewhat annoying because the HU becomes
Illegible as it “dims” for the night mode. I can obviously over ride it and just turn the lights on manually but the fuck did I pay for the feature

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I notice all VWs I've driven around they turn the lights on driving under bridges as well.
ChrisoftheNorth

My JT is overly aggressive with turning the lights on too. It is quite annoying for the exact reason you describe.
Huckleberry

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:41 am I notice all VWs I've driven around they turn the lights on driving under bridges as well.
Mine will do that, but it doesn't bother me since nothing is really dimmed to the point of being illegible.
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:45 pm
My JT is overly aggressive with turning the lights on too. It is quite annoying for the exact reason you describe.
My guess is they do this to combat all the :derp:s who don't bother turning their headlights on in rain, fog, or other inclement weather because they think the DRLs are adequate.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:53 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:41 am I notice all VWs I've driven around they turn the lights on driving under bridges as well.
Mine will do that, but it doesn't bother me since nothing is really dimmed to the point of being illegible.
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:45 pm
My guess is they do this to combat all the :derp:s who don't bother turning their headlights on in rain, fog, or other inclement weather because they think the DRLs are adequate.
Both of :dat:
I also notice that changing the sensitivity of the auto lights doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect on when the lights actually turn themselves on. :ohwell:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:09 am

I wish my Subaru was a little more aggressive with the auto lights. DRL is always on, but philly has some sunken highways with extended overpasses that it doesn’t turn the lights on for.

Adjusting the sensitivity do anything?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:28 am

I wish my Subaru was a little more aggressive with the auto lights. DRL is always on, but philly has some sunken highways with extended overpasses that it doesn’t turn the lights on for.

Will report on it soon, haven’t had a chance to drive it much due to working on countless house projects
max225

Any pointers on American made ratchet straps?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 pm Any pointers on American made ratchet straps?
https://usaratchet.com/ratchet-straps-t ... lHEALw_wcB
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This is how I feel in the :jeep: , it often doesn't activate the lights in rain/fog and other shit where it should. I would rather just operate them :manuel:

:wap:

I like the :poorvette: because even in the day you always know whether or not they're on due to pop up life. Too bad the lights themselves are abysmal.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:51 am

This is how I feel in the :jeep: , it often doesn't activate the lights in rain/fog and other shit where it should. I would rather just operate them :manuel:

I like the :poorvette: because even in the day you always know whether or not they're on due to pop up life. Too bad the lights themselves are abysmal.
Sensitivity adjustment fixed mine. They operate great now. Also this thing has the best headlights I have ever experienced. So glad I didn’t cheap out and go for the cheaper truk, way too many upgrades to do to get it to this level
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:01 am

Sensitivity adjustment fixed mine. They operate great now. Also this thing has the best headlights I have ever experienced. So glad I didn’t cheap out and go for the cheaper truk, way too many upgrades to do to get it to this level
:nice:

I would like to adjust the "attack time" of the lights if that is ever possible on vehicles.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

The led’s are awesome in this. It took me a while to find an OR with the LED headlights but no Advanced Tech package.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:56 pm

The led’s are awesome in this. It took me a while to find an OR with the LED headlights but no Advanced Tech package.
They are unobtanium in california. Especially if you add a color preference. Some colors can be spec'ed with LEDs and others can't, without going adv tech, and with the adv tech the OR costs as much as a Bro. So bro it is. Love this thing!