Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:53 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 pm

Cars are never going to make you money unless you are a collector who buys sits and flips. Otherwise, get the damn enjoyment and use out of them. Good on your for treating the GoRf as the work mule it should be. I do the same with my car. Pack it full of go-bags, equipment, etc. whenever I go to work-sites that are 3-4 hours away.
The one thing I will treat myself to again with the next car purchase is the full hood and front bumper PPF, my front end is MINT after 72k, but the rest of the car takes the usual beatings. The 19" prets look sick but I can attest that they are a little much! 18s are ideal and 17s are sofa cushions which I entertain for four to five months per year.

I genuinely enjoy living with the MK7 platform tremendously! Not too sure about log term ownership yet but if it stays like this I can :dealwithit:
I will do this in the furute, especially if the car will see any track time. My C5 is pretty FUBAR :ohwell: :aintcare: That car owes me nothing in my opinion. It's been six years of great fun.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://www.carmax.com/car/19209022

I think I am waiting.... there is no winning here.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:21 pm https://www.carmax.com/car/19209022

:fullretard:

There is absolutely zero reason to be in a rush to buy something in this market. Makes zero sense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:23 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:21 pm https://www.carmax.com/car/19209022

There is absolutely zero reason to be in a rush to buy something in this market. Makes zero sense.
Do you have any insights into your supply chain? When are you all expecting to be fully stocked back to pre covid levels ?

Curious since I hear rumors within toyota that it won't happen until Q2 2021 :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Do you have any insights into your supply chain? When are you all expecting to be fully stocked back to pre covid levels ?

Curious since I hear rumors within toyota that it won't happen until Q2 2021 :disgust:
I only work on future products, but I do know that my product launching early next year is on schedule. From what I've heard, production seems to be mostly at capacity with some interruptions here and there for parts and shipping. I'm not sure how full dealers are, but the local dealer up here has a number of Gladiators to chose from, more than the Toyota dealer has Tacomas.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

So my buddy that just offloaded his JL ... is ordering a TRX. @ sticker (90,165) msrp. But wtf... no markup and no issues... I can't GET A TACO... :disgust:
max225

Yep these babies sell themselves... Same issues here. Not 1 truk i wanted was available ... even those listed as "in transit" are pre-sold.
ChrisoftheNorth

Seems like anything that I'd consider a reasonable price sells instantaneously. WTF, best time to wait I suppose.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:45 pm Seems like anything that I'd consider a reasonable price sells instantaneously. WTF, best time to wait I suppose.
:dat:

Unless you'd be buying new anyway, it's almost certainly a better idea to wait, unless you can just go without a car for awhile. Friend of mine just sold his FJ for about $2k more than he expected and is waiting for his 2021 4Runner TRD off-road premium to be delivered. He still got almost $2k off MSRP, which is probably no worse than you'd do most any other time, but definitely got more than expected for the FJ.

In other news, my Carvana offer on the GTI is over $17,500 now. I paid $20k even for it about 26 months and 15k miles ago. $100/mo? Yeah, can't beat that.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:45 pm Seems like anything that I'd consider a reasonable price sells instantaneously. WTF, best time to wait I suppose.

Unless you'd be buying new anyway, it's almost certainly a better idea to wait, unless you can just go without a car for awhile. Friend of mine just sold his FJ for about $2k more than he expected and is waiting for his 2021 4Runner TRD off-road premium to be delivered. He still got almost $2k off MSRP, which is probably no worse than you'd do most any other time, but definitely got more than expected for the FJ.

In other news, my Carvana offer on the GTI is over $17,500 now. I paid $20k even for it about 26 months and 15k miles ago. $100/mo? Yeah, can't beat that.
Great time to sell, terrible time to buy.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:01 pm
I'm just biding my time until I stumble on something. Thought maybe I had a chance at this one today, literally every one I hone in on sells before I can see it in person.

Here's how good that price was versus the current market: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... =563259723

Same year, similar color, slightly less equipment, slightly less miles. $4k more at Carvana. :nope:
:disgust:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I was offered MSRP from my used car manager again today. Which is $4.5k more than I paid for it.

My available inventory to replace it with is... nonexistent.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:50 pm I was offered MSRP from my used car manager again today. Which is $4.5k more than I paid for it.

Money machine go brrrrrr
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:50 pm I was offered MSRP from my used car manager again today. Which is $4.5k more than I paid for it.

Why don’t you :doit:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Why don’t you :doit:
Nothing to replace it with.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

My brother in law just sold his less than 1 year old Tacoma from $6k more than he paid for it and got into a brand new, mid-tier F150 for around $34K OTD pricing. It's insane.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I eff off too much time on Autotrader.........but one thing I will NOT be doing is looking for a Toyota Tacoma. The new Ford GT of the truck world.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

With drum brakes
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 am I eff off too much time on Autotrader.........but one thing I will NOT be doing is looking for a Toyota Tacoma. The new Ford GT of the truck world.
Yea, I don't get it at all.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

According to Carvana my GTI went up too. I have 47k miles on a 2018 and they are offering me $19k
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:30 pm

I think it's tough to make a blanket statement like that. There are some models out there where inventories are still sufficient and there appear to be :dill: s to be had. I can't imagine most folks get much more than $2k off MSRP on a 4Runner in normal times, so if my friend really did get a couple thousand more than he expected for his FJ but paid basically the same as he would have any other time on the 4R, he's coming out ahead IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:30 pm
I think it's tough to make a blanket statement like that. There are some models out there where inventories are still sufficient and there appear to be :dill: s to be had. I can't imagine most folks get much more than $2k off MSRP on a 4Runner in normal times, so if my friend really did get a couple thousand more than he expected for his FJ but paid basically the same as he would have any other time on the 4R, he's coming out ahead IMO.
It entirely depends on what you want to replace it with and if you can find new inventory or not. That seems to be highly regional right now. There is one Tacoma at my local Toyota dealer, and it looks to be a work truck type spec. They don't even have a single 4Runner in stock.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I think stuff that isn't for "adventure lovers" is likely a lot less expensive in current conditions, but rising tides do raise all boats to some degree.

I am still :mindblown: that Carvana will give me $8400 for a 17 year old Corvette with 115K miles.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 am I think stuff that isn't for "adventure lovers" is likely a lot less expensive in current conditions, but rising tides do raise all boats to some degree.

I am still :mindblown: that Carvana will give me $8400 for a 17 year old Corvette with 115K miles.
I think the carvana model is:
Buy up all used cars .... create shortage... sell at higher prices because no used inventory
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:23 am
coogles wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am

It entirely depends on what you want to replace it with and if you can find new inventory or not. That seems to be highly regional right now. There is one Tacoma at my local Toyota dealer, and it looks to be a work truck type spec. They don't even have a single 4Runner in stock.
Yea it fluctuates a bit. There is a so cal dealer with 35 tacos in stock and some :dill: s. My local one has 0