Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: Microbus

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:37 am

max225 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:33 am
Tarspin wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:30 am

Nobody likes that destination charge, I feel like these transport trucks carrying 11 vehicles at a time don't cost an average of $1200/car and betting there's a mark up on that tag.

Still, all things considered the British-Escapee hook up is outstanding. I don't think getting a car is this difficult anywhere else in North America so considered the extra shipping fee from NJ to be a cali tax. You're getting hit one way or another.
The point was that this vehicle would aimlessly traverse the country 2x. Not that the original charge is “too damn high”
Ok gotcha. You considering this arrangement? It seems like a good way to get your hands on one.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 am

Tarspin wrote:
max225 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:33 am

The point was that this vehicle would aimlessly traverse the country 2x. Not that the original charge is “too damn high”
Ok gotcha. You considering this arrangement? It seems like a good way to get your hands on one.
Solid possibility. It’s that or waiting.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:28 pm

fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:58 am
Tarspin wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:30 am

Nobody likes that destination charge, I feel like these transport trucks carrying 11 vehicles at a time don't cost an average of $1200/car and betting there's a mark up on that tag.

Still, all things considered the British-Escapee hook up is outstanding. I don't think getting a car is this difficult anywhere else in North America so considered the extra shipping fee from NJ to be a cali tax. You're getting hit one way or another.
Destination charge gets these trucks on a carrier from the factory to the rail yard, shipping across the country/world to a regional rail yard, and then from the regional hub to a dealer. The ones in the southwest make up for the ones in the northeast.

Japanese built vehicles are factory to port via rail or truck, port to port via boat to either coast, then rail to regional hub, then truck to dealer. Not bad for $1k.

Have you ever done the math on 200 people on a flight from New York to London at $800 a head?
My grandparents owned a business that unloaded vehicles from the rail cars to lots that were later loaded on carrier trucks and taken to dealerships. They had several all over the US.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:33 pm

max225 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 pm
Melon wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:42 pm
Jesus.

I walked into my local GMC dealership, gave them a print out of the build sheet, paid a $1,000 refundable deposit and 7 weeks later I had a truck.
Yea can’t do that at Toyota.
I’m literally just trying to pay sticker :foreveralone:
Oh dang, TIL.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:59 pm

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote:

Wow, this is a bigger mess than I thought it was...

I have one Lunar Rock TRD PRO coming in to my store in October, MSRP 50446. It's an auto and is available at MSRP with no markup or padded addendums. My next one will be an Automatic Army Green but it is already sold.

There is one manual Lunar Rock in allocation status in the North East (Maine to Maryland and as far in as Ohio). It's pre-sold and has pretty much every option available. It gets built 2nd week of October. There are about 15 manual Lunar Rock's in the country right now, 4 on the ground and 11 scheduled to be built going into October.

Post COVID, Toyota has changed their process for TRD PRO's and now allocates them to regions solely based off national sales volume, then the regions allocate them to dealers based off regional volume. Much of the inventory is going West as a result of this. They also canceled BOS/Pre-Production changes for TRD PRO's and it's very much a case of you get what you get with these things now. I can't even have them add a set of floor mats if I wanted to, let alone change color or trans type if I get an allocation in and don't want it the way they want to build it...

Basically a dealer has to take an order with a deposit to then tell the region we have a confirmed order. There's one allocation cycle a month and it may take 2-3 months to get the allocation depending on how many manuals are built in that color. We can ask for a certain combination of packages, but won't be able to guarantee it comes in that way. We are a high volume store in a high volume region, but it looks like it would still take me 2-3 months to get one to materialize with a confirmed order.

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Wow crazy!

Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Tarspin wrote:
Wow crazy!
It is pretty wild. Such unobtanium. You'd think he was locating a McLaren.
Bender wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:41 pm

That's ridiculous.
Making me feeling pretty grateful GMC let me order mine.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:02 pm

fledonfoot wrote:
max225 wrote:

I have one Lunar Rock TRD PRO coming in to my store in October, MSRP 50446. It's an auto and is available at MSRP with no markup or padded addendums. My next one will be an Automatic Army Green but it is already sold.

There is one manual Lunar Rock in allocation status in the North East (Maine to Maryland and as far in as Ohio). It's pre-sold and has pretty much every option available. It gets built 2nd week of October. There are about 15 manual Lunar Rock's in the country right now, 4 on the ground and 11 scheduled to be built going into October.

Post COVID, Toyota has changed their process for TRD PRO's and now allocates them to regions solely based off national sales volume, then the regions allocate them to dealers based off regional volume. Much of the inventory is going West as a result of this. They also canceled BOS/Pre-Production changes for TRD PRO's and it's very much a case of you get what you get with these things now. I can't even have them add a set of floor mats if I wanted to, let alone change color or trans type if I get an allocation in and don't want it the way they want to build it...

Basically a dealer has to take an order with a deposit to then tell the region we have a confirmed order. There's one allocation cycle a month and it may take 2-3 months to get the allocation depending on how many manuals are built in that color. We can ask for a certain combination of packages, but won't be able to guarantee it comes in that way. We are a high volume store in a high volume region, but it looks like it would still take me 2-3 months to get one to materialize with a confirmed order.
:ludacris:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

Apex
Drives: CookieMonster

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Melon wrote:
That's ridiculous.
I did not know you ordered yours. :like:

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Apex wrote:
Melon wrote:
That's ridiculous.
Yeah, the did the online Build & Price selection, printed it out, and walked into the dealership and they put in a requisition.
I told them D_Plac was my uncle, lol, and got employee pricing.

2018 GMC Canyon
Crew Cab 5.5' bed
SLT
Driver's Assist Package
Tow Package
Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
8" Touchscreen Radio w/ Built-In Nav
Bose Sound System
Techno Steel interior trim

Marine Blue Metallic was new for 2018 and they had a few trucks that color come in, but they were all spec'd with the cocoa/dune interior which is bleh.

Other than drivetrain option 4WD or Diesel engine, all I was missing that only the Denali had was heated steering wheel, wireless charging, and cooled seats.
I thought about adding 4WD, mostly for increased resale, but for $3,200 I passed.

I didn't get the bed liner, which in retrospect, I should have.
Airboat Michaelangelo.

Apex

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Melon wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:42 pm
Apex wrote:

Yeah, the did the online Build & Price selection, printed it out, and walked into the dealership and they put in a requisition.
I told them D_Plac was my uncle, lol, and got employee pricing.

2018 GMC Canyon
Crew Cab 5.5' bed
SLT
Driver's Assist Package
Tow Package
Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
8" Touchscreen Radio w/ Built-In Nav
Bose Sound System
Techno Steel interior trim

Marine Blue Metallic was new for 2018 and they had a few trucks that color come in, but they were all spec'd with the cocoa/dune interior which is bleh.

Other than drivetrain option 4WD or Diesel engine, all I was missing that only the Denali had was heated steering wheel, wireless charging, and cooled seats.
I thought about adding 4WD, mostly for increased resale, but for $3,200 I passed.

I didn't get the bed liner, which in retrospect, I should have.
:nice:
Have you added a bed liner after the fact?

Really the only thing I wish I held out for was the integrated brake controller. Just cleans up that spot on the dash so much.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Apex wrote:

Really the only thing I wish I held out for was the integrated brake controller. Just cleans up that spot on the dash so much.
Nah, not yet, I always intended on getting a Line-X. I wanted to make sure I got good UV protection.
On my S-10 and Ranger the UV killed the bedliner.
The green Dakota had something good in it, not sure what it was.

I did get a bed mat tho, and it's a necessity in my book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ87009- ... GMC+Canyon

It's a truck, the bed has plenty of scratches and dents from use.
:aintcare:
Airboat Michaelangelo.

Apex

Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Melon wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:50 pm
Apex wrote:

Nah, not yet, I always intended on getting a Line-X. I wanted to make sure I got good UV protection.
On my S-10 and Ranger the UV killed the bedliner.
The green Dakota had something good in it, not sure what it was.

I did get a bed mat tho, and it's a necessity in my book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ87009- ... GMC+Canyon

It's a truck, the bed has plenty of scratches and dents from use.
:aintcare:
:like:

The LineX I had in my F150 was solid for the 6 or so years it was on.

max225

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:15 am

fledonfoot wrote:
max225 wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I do realize this seems to be quite a fking difficult thing to purchase at the moment

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:36 am

Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:54 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Wow crazy!
It is pretty wild. Such unobtanium. You'd think he was locating a McLaren.
:dat:

So much :amaze:

fledonfoot
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:32 pm

max225 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:15 am
fledonfoot wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I do realize this seems to be quite a fking difficult thing to purchase at the moment
No problem.

My GSM said he’d have no problem putting the order in for you. Drop me a line if you want to go this way.

Johnny_P
Drives: Burble

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:30 pm

Wow. The world must be running low on drum brakes.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:49 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
:lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:42 am

Johnny_P wrote:
ba dum tss
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:05 pm
DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Plastic Fantastic + Beep Beep

Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 am

Johnny_P wrote:
:mahman:

max225

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Can anyone find me a vehicle that is more difficult to find ?

Special ordered Aston martins are easier to acquire :wtf:

Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
:zing:

Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:45 pm

max225 wrote:

"Max I'd like to invite you in for a test drive" :lolgasm:

max225

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:45 pm
max225 wrote:

"Max I'd like to invite you in for a test drive" :lolgasm:
They don’t have any trd pros in stock, like :wtf: . It is the #1 taco dealer in NorCal. Usually at 35-60 units (all trims) in stock, with 11units as of this am.

• Information