Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:17 am

To me, it feels half-baked. I don’t mind futuristic styling but this seems like its revision 1 instead of 10.
People probably thought the same thing about pickups for the first 50 years. They were just chassis with a flat floor and a box to sit on/in. This is the same thing, just designed 100 years later.
:notwrong:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

II don’t mind the futuristic minimalist design, but the whole “rev 1 vs rev 10” is backed by even the fact that Elon said “its impact resistant glass, watch!” And he proceeds to take a hammer to the side glass and it shatters.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 am
I'm also a huge fan of Deloreans and "futuristic" type models. I'd love to see one of these IRL.
Reddit is calling it "The Deplorean". LOLOLOLOLZ
I want to like this truck, but my god. It's the laziest design I think I've ever seen in a vehicle ever. I just got into work, but I can give specifics of why I hate it later
Chevy tried way too hard with the T1 Silverado and fucked it up. People think the Gladiator looks half assed "Wrangler with a bed". I guess the right answer is somewhere in the middle, but I don't think the Tesla truck deserves all the hate.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:30 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am

Reddit is calling it "The Deplorean". LOLOLOLOLZ
I want to like this truck, but my god. It's the laziest design I think I've ever seen in a vehicle ever. I just got into work, but I can give specifics of why I hate it later
Chevy tried way too hard with the T1 Silverado and fucked it up. People think the Gladiator looks half assed "Wrangler with a bed". I guess the right answer is somewhere in the middle, but I don't think the Tesla truck deserves all the hate.
Alright, fanboi.

:trollface: :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am II don’t mind the futuristic minimalist design, but the whole “rev 1 vs rev 10” is backed by even the fact that Elon said “its impact resistant glass, watch!” And he proceeds to take a hammer to the side glass and it shatters.
Typical Elon being a :derp: same with the rest of the vehicle specs. But he's been doing this shit forever, why would the truck be different? It's not supposed to be in production for 2 years at the earliest, and thats :yeahok: to me even.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:32 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:30 am
Alright, fanboi.

:lolgasm:

I'll go drive my Wrangler with a bed now...
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:34 am
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:32 am

Alright, fanboi.

:lolgasm:

I'll go drive my Wrangler with a bed now...
:truckyeah:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm kind of half-assed in the market for a truck. I want one, but I'm just going to burn my Silverado up until the tranny goes out from towing.
At a price point of $39K, it's not really in my range of affordable, but would I consider an EV truck that's capable of doing all the stuff I need? Sure... It's a definite contender. But look at that thing, would you go load a cubic yard of gravel into the back of that thing and haul it home? I couldn't see myself wanting to do actual truck things with this other than hooking up a trailer and towing with it.

Aero looks like it wasn't even thought of with those atrocious fender flares that look like they were installed by an intern who had a Home Depot gift card and decided to blow it on cheap sheet metal. And wtf is up with the wheel centers?
The glass... omg the glass. So many flat panels, I can't imagine how bad the glare is going to be in this thing. It's likely why the steel ball broke it when he threw it at the window. I'm not gonna hate on the fail that happened, because that can be worked out later, but I don't really see the need to go around promoting that it's bulletproof. The interior lacks any design. There's really not much there, and it just looks like a greenhouse with just seats and glass.

I mean what's his plan, for them to drop in value and then get shipped over to the Middle East where they strap 50 cals to them and totally run Toyota out of the sands? Bulletproof would make more sense in that case. Throw some solar panels and a Tron Laser on the back and you've got the greenest machine in ISIS's inventory. Nothing more patriotic than yelling "ALAN'S SNACKBAR" and spreading the blood of your enemies while doing it with a minimum carbon footprint.

I love the concept, but let's be real, the steel body panels are super easy bends and should be cheap... But you know Tesla is going to charge and arm and a leg for replacement parts. And for a truck that's meant to out truck a truck, I can't see myself wanting to truck with this thing. I'm not an Elon fanboi, but I like what he's doing. I do love the price point of it but that's about it.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 am Am I the only one who's not a Fanboi that doesn't hate it?

I like that it's different. A new take on the old pickup formula. They used to be ugly and simple...this is the same thing if designed for the first time "in the future". If you're going to make an electric truck, why shouldn't it be something impossibly futuristic? Rivian was a bit of a yawn to me in this regard...pickups are pretty much all the same except for the Gladiator (and even then just because the roof and doors come off) and now this thing. All Tesla vehicles look the same to me...this is 100% different, which I like that diversity.

I'm also a huge fan of Deloreans and "futuristic" type models. I'd love to see one of these IRL.
This is wholly what people in the 80s thought a futuristic vehicle should be... in a dystopian world where the only surviving design tool is a ruler.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:01 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 am Am I the only one who's not a Fanboi that doesn't hate it?

I like that it's different. A new take on the old pickup formula. They used to be ugly and simple...this is the same thing if designed for the first time "in the future". If you're going to make an electric truck, why shouldn't it be something impossibly futuristic? Rivian was a bit of a yawn to me in this regard...pickups are pretty much all the same except for the Gladiator (and even then just because the roof and doors come off) and now this thing. All Tesla vehicles look the same to me...this is 100% different, which I like that diversity.

This is wholly what people in the 80s thought a futuristic vehicle should be... in a dystopian world where the only surviving design tool is a ruler.
Funny. I immediately thought that they stole my design from when I was 10 and used a ruler to draw the profile of a Lamborghini or Pantera.

Seriously, this is a pathetic design. If the only way to keep cars under $50k at Tesla is child labor in the design team, just keep prices up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 pm
Towing range will be an absolute joke. Nobody wants to talk about that. Not that anyone will buy a BEV truck to tow, but when they tout phenomenal towing ratings...that's at direct expense of range.

BEV trucks won't appeal to current truck buyers. But they will appear to people who think they're a neat addition to the fleet of the S they drive, the X their wife drives, and the 3 their kid drives. The dudes where the smugness when picking up mulch bags at Home Depot gives them wet dreams.
Towing range on trucks is a joke also. Most trucks get single digit mpgs when towing, so you'll get maybe 120-150 miles before having to get gas. But the difference is a 3 min refuel vs 30min recharge.
Yes but it is a non issue when you can pop into one of hundreds of thousands of gas stations every 1-10 miles on almost every US highway and fill up in five minutes, with access to a pisser and Mountain Dew to boot.

That Tesla truck... wow. It truly looks like a middle schooler's project made out of cardboard. H8ers gon' h8 :doe: , Tesla just ain't my thang.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:Am I the only one who's not a Fanboi that doesn't hate it?

It's awesome.

If I felt the need to pretend I'm a 3 year old and drive the biggest thing in the world every day for no reason other than :truckyeah: then this is the one that I would buy.

It shamelessly embraces the childish nature of a :truk: and looks cool as hell vs trying to pretend that you're John Wayne or some :bs:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I spent 30 min trying to figure out if the truck was joke :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:36 am
Detroit wrote:Am I the only one who's not a Fanboi that doesn't hate it?

It's awesome.

If I felt the need to pretend I'm a 3 year old and drive the biggest thing in the world every day for no reason other than :truckyeah: then this is the one that I would buy.

It shamelessly embraces the childish nature of a :truk: and looks cool as hell vs trying to pretend that you're John Wayne or some :bs:
Someone else gets it!

A big reason I like my :truk: so much is that it feels like a truck I would have designed when I was 5. Bright orange, Wrangler with a bed on the back, removable everything.

The Tesla truck feels like the same spirit to me.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:02 am I spent 30 min trying to figure out if the truck was joke :wtf:
Same. I saw it this morning and thought it had to be a spoof pic, then I saw the video.

Poor Elon and the broken windows, but I love it when a demo fails, like Bill Gates and the BSOD.

:lolol:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:02 am I spent 30 min trying to figure out if the truck was joke :wtf:
Something deep down in me thinks he's punking the world just to do it and the real Slim Shady will eventually stand up.
But also, I wouldn't doubt that he'd put something as bland as a Halo1 Warthog set to the lowest resolution out there and just not care what the public thinks.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:36 am It's awesome.

Someone else gets it!

A big reason I like my :truk: so much is that it feels like a truck I would have designed when I was 5. Bright orange, Wrangler with a bed on the back, removable everything.

The Tesla truck feels like the same spirit to me.
Yep. Instead of trying to project that you're a big strong man with the biggest dick, it simply says that you are still fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:23 am Image
:lolol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:popcorn:
max225

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

This alone makes it more useful than a regular truck. Retracting bed cover. Aero when you need it, payload access when you need it. Best of all worlds.

Literally obliterate snow mounds because there are no differentials.

Bench seats forever.

This thing looks like a Mars rover. I think if they smooth out some of the crude details on it, it could be really awesome. And color it, not just stainless steel.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 pm Image

This alone makes it more useful than a regular truck. Retracting bed cover. Aero when you need it, payload access when you need it. Best of all worlds.

Literally obliterate snow mounds because there are no differentials.

Bench seats forever.

This thing looks like a Mars rover. I think if they smooth out some of the crude details on it, it could be really awesome. And color it, not just stainless steel.
The thing is amazing but it’s also amazingly
Ugly
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I am actually already starting to warm up to it :lolol: