Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:15 am Things are getting interesting.

He's looking for same one with buckets. If he finds it I'll buy it this week

https://www.bettenbakercdjr.com/new/Ram ... 777ed3.htm
Buy or lease?

What do buckets do that's better than the bench? These modern bench seats are essentially buckets anyway, with a center console someone could sit on. I actually loved the "bench" seat in my Silverado.
Lease.

Found it the truck. Trying to work out arrangements rn

https://www.orchardchryslerdodgejeep.co ... g1kn748605
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 am
Buy or lease?

What do buckets do that's better than the bench? These modern bench seats are essentially buckets anyway, with a center console someone could sit on. I actually loved the "bench" seat in my Silverado.
Lease.

:popcorn: in4deetz
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:27 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Lease.

But I just prefer the buckets. The console has a bunch of space to fill up with crumbs/french fry nubbins and loose change that's sticky with dried soda. I like to keep that stuff in my cars in case I need it.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:34 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:27 pm
But I just prefer the buckets. The console has a bunch of space to fill up with crumbs/french fry nubbins and loose change that's sticky with dried soda. I like to keep that stuff in my cars in case I need it.
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

The "bench" in my Silverado is nice.

Essentially two buckets with a third seat that folds down into a console armrest. The interesting thing is that the fold-down has three cupholders for what is essentially a two-person truck. Then there are an additional two cupholders on the doors. I guess Chevy focus groups were exceptionally parched back then.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Huckleberry wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:22 pm The "bench" in my Silverado is nice.

Essentially two buckets with a third seat that folds down into a console armrest. The interesting thing is that the fold-down has three cupholders for what is essentially a two-person truck. Then there are an additional two cupholders on the doors. I guess Chevy focus groups were exceptionally parched back then.
Water between beers. Duh.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:22 pm The "bench" in my Silverado is nice.

Pretty sure the new RAM had 6 cup holders in the front with seating for 2.

1 for you(and your passengers) ice cold Mt. Dew, one for your old empty Mt. Dew that now stores chewin' tobacca spit and finally one for the extra Mt. Dew you got because they were 2 for $1.99.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Pretty sure the new RAM had 6 cup holders in the front with seating for 2.

1 for you(and your passengers) ice cold Mt. Dew, one for your old empty Mt. Dew that now stores chewin' tobacca spit and finally one for the extra Mt. Dew you got because they were 2 for $1.99.
This checks out.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well it's in the driveway but the deal is far from done.

Wife hates it.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm Well it's in the driveway but the deal is far from done.

Wife hates it.

hmm

Black truck = miles of square feet containing swirl marks.

Do yourself a favor and buy a DA polisher, foam pads and compounds now. Cancel all plans for Saturdays and block out your calendar until you sell/trade/return the truck.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm Well it's in the driveway but the deal is far from done.

Wife hates it.

:doomed:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Wife hates it.

Nice looking truck.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wife hates it.

:fuckyeah:

How'd the deal end up?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Wife hates it.

hmm

Do yourself a favor and buy a DA polisher, foam pads and compounds now. Cancel all plans for Saturdays and block out your calendar until you sell/trade/return the truck.
The good news is that if I keep it, I'll have a lot of alone time to wash and wax it!

:foreveralone:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:47 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:38 pm

hmm

The good news is that if I keep it, I'll have a lot of alone time to wash and wax it!

:foreveralone:
:lolol:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Wife hates it.

How'd the deal end up?
429 is what it's at.

My wife all of the sudden has cold feet and I'm not going to push her. We'd agreed to buying one last weekend but whatever. Unless she's on board I'm not going to enjoy it anyway. It's not like I need a new car.

I had them transfer it in from up state and offered to put a deposit down. Delivery was supposed to be today at 3pm. When I called them this morning and told them Christmas was cancelled they told be to come get it anyway and drive it and let her see it.

The best decision I've made was to marry her so maybe I'll trust her judgement on this one. And my neck hurts from sleeping on the couch last night!

And to be fair to her I had agreed to not buy a new car for a while when we got the last one. It's been 4 years. That's a while on DFD! Nomsayin?
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:46 pm

How'd the deal end up?
429 is what it's at.

My wife all of the sudden has cold feet and I'm not going to push her. We'd agreed to buying one last weekend but whatever. Unless she's on board I'm not going to enjoy it anyway. It's not like I need a new car.

I had them transfer it in from up state and offered to put a deposit down. Delivery was supposed to be today at 3pm. When I called them this morning and told them Christmas was cancelled they told be to come get it anyway and drive it and let her see it.

The best decision I've made was to marry her so maybe I'll trust her judgement on this one. And my neck hurts from sleeping on the couch last night!

And to be fair to her I had agreed to not buy a new car for a while when we got the last one. It's been 4 years. That's a while on DFD! Nomsayin?

Damn dude, :truk: is sweet, but a miserable wife is a :nope: situation IMO.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:02 pm

429 is what it's at.

:dat:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

429 is what it's at.

It's weird. On one hand I wish she was more supportive of my hobby but on the other it's not a need so therefore not responsible way to spend money so I appreciate her practicality.

She was raised that way. Post war German parents. Her dad makes 500k and he drives a used 2013 Ford escape and her mom drives a 2008 infinity that's literally been totalled by the insurance company and the bumper is held on by duct tape.
Last edited by KYGTIGuy on Thu May 23, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Can't remember the last car I had for 4 years.

Seriously. I think it might have been the 2005 Siverado, or the 2006 Prius.

You tell her that in DFD terms, 4 years is a lifetime.

In the last 4 years I've bought these new vehicles:

JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Mustang GT PP
Z06
m235i
SS 1LE
JLU Rubicon
Colorado ZR2
911 GTS
HD Road King Special
Ducati Monster 1200R

So, you're doing great. Use me as the example to earn some points.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:12 pm

JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Mustang GT PP
Z06
m235i
SS 1LE
JLU Rubicon
Colorado ZR2
911 GTS
HD Road King Special
Ducati Monster 1200R

:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:11 pm

It's weird. On one hand I wish she was more supportive of my hobby but on the other it's not a need so therefore not responsible way to spend money so I appreciate her practicality.

She was raised that way. Post war German parents. Her dad makes 500k and he drives a used 2013 Ford escape and her mom drives a 2008 infinity that's literally been totalled by the insurance company and the bumper is held on by duct tape.
I get it...I grew up with very frugal parents too...my dad's a car guy, but didn't really do much with cars until after the house was paid off. He had company cars...mostly Saturns. Nothing fancy/fun by any means.

Which has been my challenge. $50k for a Jeep or whatever could go really far toward the mortgage...especially with how recent the mortgage is. I'm reaching the point in my life where financial stability is starting to outweigh my desire to blow sky high stacks on vehicles.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:20 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:11 pm

I get it...I grew up with very frugal parents too...my dad's a car guy, but didn't really do much with cars until after the house was paid off. He had company cars...mostly Saturns. Nothing fancy/fun by any means.

Which has been my challenge. $50k for a Jeep or whatever could go really far toward the mortgage...especially with how recent the mortgage is. I'm reaching the point in my life where financial stability is starting to outweigh my desire to blow sky high stacks on vehicles.
Dat $32k for Blurple is looking more appetizing. :megusta:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The diller has a bikini JL in the show room. Said it's the hottest selling color he's "ever seen!"

Looked pretty nice.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:12 pm

JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Mustang GT PP
Z06
m235i
SS 1LE
JLU Rubicon
Colorado ZR2
911 GTS
HD Road King Special
Ducati Monster 1200R

You seem like an expert. I'll have her call you!