Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019 ... 03-10aaj8j

The :povertytruck: returns!

Except it's not so impoverished. :waxer:
$25k MSRP is :notbad: for a new tow vehicle. Interested to see if they'll make a van/suv version.

It looks WAY bigger than the old :povertytruck: :doe: so I'm :notsure: how "mid-size" it really is now.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Wow brand new vehicle and it looks old. Interior is unimpressive. I dunno maybe I was expecting more. 2.3T + 10AT sounds alright though, it'll probably have plenty of power.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:20 pm Wow brand new vehicle and it looks old. Interior is unimpressive. I dunno maybe I was expecting more. 2.3T + 10AT sounds alright though, it'll probably have plenty of power.
Ford is doing 25 BILLION in cost cutting and significantly killing their number of platforms. There is very little "NEW" about this truck, it is just an australian rebadged ranger with a more current 10 speed+that ancient 2.3 that dates back to the MAZDA days... that engine is like 20 years old now.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:20 pm Wow brand new vehicle and it looks old. Interior is unimpressive. I dunno maybe I was expecting more. 2.3T + 10AT sounds alright though, it'll probably have plenty of power.
Ford is doing 25 BILLION in cost cutting and significantly killing their number of platforms. There is very little "NEW" about this truck, it is just an australian rebadged ranger with a more current 10 speed+that ancient 2.3 that dates back to the MAZDA days... that engine is like 20 years old now.
Yep, it's only new to murica.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:27 pm
That's OK. My Subaru EJ25 is from 1996.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:27 pm

And it pops rings or headgaskets by 100k, your engine is NOT that old... it is dated back to 2004. (EJ257) The Ecoboost shit dates back to 2001 for the block and 2005/6 for the turbo variant :disgust: and it also isn't exactly a pinnacle of reliability. Yes I don't know why I know... don't ask I have a problem.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 pm

And it pops rings or headgaskets by 100k, your engine is NOT that old... it is dated back to 2004. (EJ257) The Ecoboost shit dates back to 2001 for the block and 2005/6 for the turbo variant :disgust: and it also isn't exactly a pinnacle of reliability. Yes I don't know why I know... don't ask I have a problem.
20 years before I have a problem :notbad:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 pm

it'll be gone in 20 months tho... :aintcare: that's for owner #4 to care about. :hubba:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm

it'll be gone in 20 months tho... :aintcare: that's for owner #4 to care about. :hubba:
But what to replace it with? I’m gonna hate a CUV thing I think. I love my stupid car.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 pm

But what to replace it with? I’m gonna hate a CUV thing I think. I love my stupid car.
You'll figure it out soon enough.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:20 pm https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019 ... 03-10aaj8j

The :povertytruck: returns!

Except it's not so impoverished. :waxer:
Glad I grabbed my Colly and didn't wait for the :povertytruck:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:06 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Put a damn roof rack on your car bruh.
Simple solution isn't :wasteful: enough.

He should GTR with a seasucker.
Apex

:moist: weekend lead me to hanging inside most of the day so I was surfing Amazon Video for some documentary stuff to watch. Stumbled upon Jesse James racing around the world or something like that.
Trophy :truk: action? :fuckyeah:
I wish this stuff was televised more, but I'm clearly a minority in that regard. Watching a truck blast thru the desert with 2-3 feet of suspension travel, dancing along the landscape is :jimp:

I clearly live in the wrong part of the country. :sad:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:57 am :moist: weekend lead me to hanging inside most of the day so I was surfing Amazon Video for some documentary stuff to watch. Stumbled upon Jesse James racing around the world or something like that.
I wish this stuff was televised more, but I'm clearly a minority in that regard. Watching a truck blast thru the desert with 2-3 feet of suspension travel, dancing along the landscape is :jimp:

I want a trophy truck
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 pm
Apex wrote:
Glad I grabbed my Colly and didn't wait for the :povertytruck:
:dat:

I couldn’t buy another Ford anyway.
Ford might be off my list too.

Man the Ranger looks so dated. Just flat out old. And the dash? Yikes. Also, wonder how long it'll be before these turn into rust buckets. The recent F150s aren't faring so well in that regard. 2013's are already rusting.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Ford managed to make aluminum rust?

:impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:11 am
Apex wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:57 am :moist: weekend lead me to hanging inside most of the day so I was surfing Amazon Video for some documentary stuff to watch. Stumbled upon Jesse James racing around the world or something like that.

I want a trophy truck
:truk: full of :fullretard: awesomeness.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:23 am Ford managed to make aluminum rust?

Naw, these are the last before the aluminum ones. Actually I wonder if they went to coke cans because of rust warranty claims. Shit is full retard expensive to fix if your box is rusting, and that would :nuke: their warranty payments account very fast with how many F series are on the roads.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:48 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:11 am

I want a trophy truck
:truk: full of :fullretard: awesomeness.
I'd either hate it or love it. Not sure. You could blast through the pineys with a trophy truck though. Sand and mud pits just :fullretard: flat foot it through all that.
ChrisoftheNorth

Trophy trucks are massive. Notsure is want something that big anywhere other than the open desert.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:51 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:23 am Ford managed to make aluminum rust?

Naw, these are the last before the aluminum ones. Actually I wonder if they went to coke cans because of rust warranty claims. Shit is full retard expensive to fix if your box is rusting, and that would :nuke: their warranty payments account very fast with how many F series are on the roads.
Oh, interesting. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was indeed a factor in considering aluminum.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 am Trophy trucks are massive. Notsure is want something that big anywhere other than the open desert.
A Pro 2 or Pro 4 truck would be way easier to use on a regular basis. Agreed that trophy trucks are massive.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I was hoping the Ranger would have a manual option.

:nope:

Hard pass. GM did it right with the twins, I'm seeing them all over the place.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:15 am
Detroit wrote:Ford managed to make aluminum rust?

You should see the paint flaking off of Ford’s aluminum hoods. :popcorn:
:ohdang:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:16 pm First review of the new SIlverado from MT: It's 3/4 baked.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrol ... st-review/

I tend to agree. The interior is definitely not a big leap forward compared to Ram or Ferd.
When vehicles are developed, there's a core group of attributes that the engineering team chooses to work on to make the vehicle "the best". Because we all live in a world where finances aren't infinite, those items need to be chosen very carefully.

I shouldn't go into much more detail, but let's just say that the build quality and reliability of these trucks will be :mindblown: compared to Ferd and Ram. These things will last forever because they were specifically designed to. Also look at the plethora of powertrain options. Unfortunately, the interior obviously wasn't something too high on the list.