Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

As long as I can get out of work at something close to when I should today; we're heading over to a different GM :dillerman: than the one we went to on Friday.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 am As long as I can get out of work at something close to when I should today; we're heading over to a different GM :dillerman: than the one we went to on Friday.
Canyonero?
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:26 am
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 am As long as I can get out of work at something close to when I should today; we're heading over to a different GM :dillerman: than the one we went to on Friday.
Canyonero?
Canyon :dill: wasn't something I was going to pull the trigger on Friday. Going to see what is on the table for a Colorado doe.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Centennial edition Chevys are bad ass
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 am Dat Hellcat widebody... :jimp:
Got dang I love that car.
Who doesn't? It is basically a factory engineered resto-mod of a 60's muscle car...warranty and all.
If you have $72K sitting around and are willing to bubble wrap this thing, I think that car will pull some $$$ at Barrett Jackson in 15 years.
Assuming Barrett Jackson still exists because internal combustion engines have not been outlawed by Mad Max's Podcast Future.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:07 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 am

Got dang I love that car.
Who doesn't? It is basically a factory engineered resto-mod of a 60's muscle car...warranty and all.
If you have $72K sitting around and are willing to bubble wrap this thing, I think that car will pull some $$$ at Barrett Jackson in 15 years.
Assuming Barrett Jackson still exists because internal combustion engines have not been outlawed by Mad Max's Podcast Future.
Only problem I have with it is the name.

Should be Hellcat Wider Body. The things are already wide as hell and tall as fuck. Hell, even in my Camaro I was looking up to see the door handles on these things, in the C7 they might be above my window's line of sight!

:hue:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Only problem I have with it is the name.

Should be Hellcat Wider Body. The things are already wide as hell and tall as fuck. Hell, even in my Camaro I was looking up to see the door handles on these things, in the C7 they might be above my window's line of sight!

:hue:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/f ... body-test/

Fun article on your exact point.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

I didn't get out of the office in time to get over to the Chevy :dillerman: last night, but stopped by Ford instead. The :dillerman: I was talking to before was there and we took out an extended cab F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost, 10AT and 3.73s. :baby: seat fits in the back and she was enjoying looking out the back window as we drove around.
I'm still thinking about that truck this morning, even though it's out of the budget, I just enjoyed driving it. :yikes:
Merging from a stop onto a major highway was no issue, plenty of power where ever I needed it and the trans didn't seem to hunt for a gear. It felt like it was only using maybe 4 gears, but I am guessing it was skipping gears to get where it wanted to be.

Now to get out of here on time and get over to Chevy...
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:57 am
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:52 am I didn't get out of the office in time to get over to the Chevy :dillerman: last night, but stopped by Ford instead. The :dillerman: I was talking to before was there and we took out an extended cab F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost, 10AT and 3.73s. :baby: seat fits in the back and she was enjoying looking out the back window as we drove around.
I'm still thinking about that truck this morning, even though it's out of the budget, I just enjoyed driving it. :yikes:
Merging from a stop onto a major highway was no issue, plenty of power where ever I needed it and the trans didn't seem to hunt for a gear. It felt like it was only using maybe 4 gears, but I am guessing it was skipping gears to get where it wanted to be.

Solid research.

You're looking into leasing, correct?
Yeah, definitely looking at getting into a lease for the next few years. Fixed payment to budget for with plans on :haus: in the next couple of years.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 am
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 am

Yeah, definitely looking at getting into a lease for the next few years. Fixed payment to budget for with plans on :haus: in the next couple of years.
Smrt.

Will help ditch that inequity in a hurry and you'll come out clean in a few years.
:dat:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:52 am I didn't get out of the office in time to get over to the Chevy :dillerman: last night, but stopped by Ford instead. The :dillerman: I was talking to before was there and we took out an extended cab F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost, 10AT and 3.73s. :baby: seat fits in the back and she was enjoying looking out the back window as we drove around.

The 10 speed does skip gears by design. The 2.7 EB sounds rather ideal, I just don't know if I trust the ecoboom engines long term. But if it's a lease then who cares. Likely as fast as the fahv-oh but with better fuel mileage than that or even most midsizers.

Extended cab is totally fine space-wise. The crew cabs are like limos in the back, unnecessarily large.
Apex

:truk: research update.

Made it out of work on time yesterday and the family went up to Chevy. They had a Z71 and 2 work trucks on the lot, so we took the Z71 out. That 3.6/8AT combo just kicks ass. Crew cab on the mid-sizers has more room than the extended cab full-sizers so :baby: seat fits really nicely, with room to spare. Other side of the rear cab would have plenty of room for the :doge: s, would need a good seat/door cover though. The size of the crew cab/short box Colorado is just right. Feels really comfortable to drive, can go over pot-holes NFG, and would be a fixed budget line number for the next few years.

:dillerman: was willing to :dill: too, they gave me some pretty good numbers, far better than Ferd or GMC, but we had to head home as :baby: was over it. Trigger has not been pulled yet, but :plac: :math: is in full swing.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am :truk: research update.

Made it out of work on time yesterday and the family went up to Chevy. They had a Z71 and 2 work trucks on the lot, so we took the Z71 out. That 3.6/8AT combo just kicks ass. Crew cab on the mid-sizers has more room than the extended cab full-sizers so :baby: seat fits really nicely, with room to spare. Other side of the rear cab would have plenty of room for the :doge: s, would need a good seat/door cover though. The size of the crew cab/short box Colorado is just right. Feels really comfortable to drive, can go over pot-holes NFG, and would be a fixed budget line number for the next few years.

:dillerman: was willing to :dill: too, they gave me some pretty good numbers, far better than Ferd or GMC, but we had to head home as :baby: was over it. Trigger has not been pulled yet, but :plac: :math: is in full swing.
I was looking at these too, and it looks like Chevy has some covers, but I only found some Carhartt Brown door cover.

Was going to ping @Detroit about these later today, but maybe he can chime in here as the P&A catalog master. :)
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 am

I was looking at these too, and it looks like Chevy has some covers, but I only found some Carhartt Brown door cover.

Was going to ping @Detroit about these later today, but maybe he can chime in here as the P&A catalog master. :)

This is the cover I use for the back seat of the Brontier: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014L ... UTF8&psc=1

Looks like it's NLA but there are others out there.

It's held up great.
Cool, good to have endorsements.

I am also looking for door panel covers for the back seat/doors so my :doge: doesn't gouge them up.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am :truk: :truk: :truk:

Color?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:10 am

Cool, good to have endorsements.

I am also looking for door panel covers for the back seat/doors so my :doge: doesn't gouge them up.
Yeah, for that, I don't know.

I've trained the :doge: to stay off the doors and windows.
My :doge: is pretty good, unless the labrador mode kicks in and she sees a bird or smells anything like food, then she goes :fullretard:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am :truk: :truk: :truk:

Color?
Nice, I was looking for a blue ZR2 but everything out here that was left was white, black or the one silver one.. so I got Silver.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 am
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am

Nice, I was looking for a blue ZR2 but everything out here that was left was white, black or the one silver one.. so I got Silver.
The blue is so nice in person. I'm trying my best to stay away from grey/black/white/silver.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 am
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am :truk: research update.

The GM accy seat covers are form fitting. Which is great if you never want to take them off. They look really nice when they're installed, but I personally prefer covers that come off easier.

We do have carhart seat covers available, but just in brown the dark gray. They fit looser than the GM accy ones, but still tailored for the truck, and you can get door protectors with them. They look nice (they just started sales, pictures are being uploaded literally as I type this).

Seat cover in gray for a Z71/ZR2: 84301782
Door protectors: 84301786

All that said, I use this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019E ... UTF8&psc=1

It's WAY cheaper, fits the back of the truck well, and I like the hammock style that creates a barrier for :doge: hair and slobber. I also really like how easy it comes out for cleaning and storing when the :doge: isn't riding with us, and I keep it folded up under the rear seat so it's easy to grab and setup if the :doge: is randomly coming for a ride.

It really depends on what you're looking for.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am

The blue is so nice in person. I'm trying my best to stay away from grey/black/white/silver.
I LOVE the new Kinetic Blue. Super bright and looks awesome in pretty much any light.

My truck is the old Laser blue, that looks dark in the dark, and blue with purple overtones in the sun. It's a very unique color.

Sounds like you've got a good :dill: cooking. If you were really serious, it might be worth checking around other :dillerman: that have more Z71's in stock (there should be quite a few) and see if you can get a better :dill: elsewhere using the numbers you already got as leverage.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am

Yeah, for that, I don't know.

I've trained the :doge: to stay off the doors and windows.
My :doge: is pretty good, unless the labrador mode kicks in and she sees a bird or smells anything like food, then she goes :fullretard:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am

I LOVE the new Kinetic Blue. Super bright and looks awesome in pretty much any light.

My truck is the old Laser blue, that looks dark in the dark, and blue with purple overtones in the sun. It's a very unique color.

Sounds like you've got a good :dill: cooking. If you were really serious, it might be worth checking around other :dillerman: that have more Z71's in stock (there should be quite a few) and see if you can get a better :dill: elsewhere using the numbers you already got as leverage.
Kinetic Blue reminds me a lot of the World Rally Blue on my 2004 WRX, just looks awesome all the time.

:dillerman: did a bunch of work on the trade side too, so I'm liking the :dill: so far.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 am

Shoot the number out to another dealer and see what they say.

"You've got a truck I want, I've got a price in mind, can you make this happen?"

You've gotten the hard part out of the way: The test drive and the trade appraisal.

Worst another dealer could say is no, and you've validated the deal you've gotten is good.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am

Kinetic Blue reminds me a lot of the World Rally Blue on my 2004 WRX, just looks awesome all the time.

:dillerman: did a bunch of work on the trade side too, so I'm liking the :dill: so far.
Indeed, it's VERY similar. It's a 5/7 color for sure.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:36 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:24 am
:wat:
The PN for rear door protectors. Seemed useful here?