Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:27 pm
No you don't.

:baby: etc.
Crotchfruit + Truk + 2 doors + single digit MPG + 1500 a set tires. :lol: ballllin!
Extended cab has suicide doors. Actually rather ideal for baby loading IMO. Rear seat is fine for me at 6'2".

Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm
I guess we read what we want, but it seems like most of the time Ford talk is positive for no reason.
Detroit "Ford is Garbage"
I'd love to own a Raptor though. Hell I'd love a "poorly built" Mustang GT.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm
I guess we read what we want, but it seems like most of the time Ford talk is positive for no reason.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm Fuk Jeep and Raptor trash - You want this LOL :) Not gonna be in the US appears. Seems like a good rig - https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-land-cr ... 1825172161
Perfect for the Fri-Sunday uber drive... just wash out the piss and puke after you're done with your shift and hit the trails.
:millennial: mobile
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Case in point.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Case in point.
But I want nothing to do with most of their other cars :iono:
Does wanting 1-2 models them make me PRO FORD? I mean I don't suck on the Ford :dong: like you do on the General. :hubba:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:57 pm
Davestr wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm Fuk Jeep and Raptor trash - You want this LOL :) Not gonna be in the US appears. Seems like a good rig - https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-land-cr ... 1825172161
Perfect for the Fri-Sunday uber drive... just wash out the piss and puke after you're done with your shift and hit the trails.
:millennial: mobile
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

YTHO. To spend all night finding a parking spot? Where, on the East Coast, are you ever going to use this thing for its designated purpose? You won't. You'll just quit your job, start doing remodels, and impregnate a few ex-girlfriends.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I like this.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:05 pm

YTHO. To spend all night finding a parking spot? Where, on the East Coast, are you ever going to use this thing for its designated purpose? You won't. You'll just quit your job, start doing remodels, and impregnate a few ex-girlfriends.
There is a major WANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED disillusionment with the general public as well as this forum. The ratio of "want" aka lifestyle purchases is far exceeding the "need" as of late.

some people just WANT to feel like they have the fastest/most capable/best looking car on the road.
Dat american DREAM BRO. WAKE THE FUK UP AND SMELL THE DIESEL AND BALD EAGLES, AND TURN UP THE ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL.
Davestr

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm
I like this.
Me too. Basic, torque, workable and capable and will do off road as it should be done from the data supplied. Honestly its what a Jeep should be. But dat Mall LOL
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm

There is a major WANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED disillusionment with the general public as well as this forum. The ratio of "want" aka lifestyle purchases is far exceeding the "need" as of late.

some people just WANT to feel like they have the fastest/mostcapable/bestlooking/mostcapable car on the road.
Dat american DREAM BRO. WAKE THE FUK UP AND SMELL THE DIESEL AND BALD EAGLES, AND TURN UP THE ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL.
I get it. Already guilty as charged with the C6. But to me the Raptor is super uncapable in anything but a rural western US environment. It just bumps into things because it's too big and sucks gas, like an H1/H2. I get the Jeep. I get the ZR2. I just don't get the Raptor.
max225

Davestr wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm

I like this.
Me too. Basic, torque, workable and capable and will do off road as it should be done from the data supplied. Honestly its what a Jeep should be. But dat Mall LOL
I really want to buy a late 90s earrrrrly 00 4 runner... but they are so DAMN OLD at this point that they are going to have "old car issues" similar to what I am having with the crown vic, which would be annoying to deal with. :gaydance:
Also @Dave... you can get a bare bonez 2 door heep for 29k with a :manuel: or 31k with a gayomatic.

You can even opt to NOT HAVE AC, because you're not a pussy right?
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm

some people just WANT to feel like they have the fastest/mostcapable/bestlooking/mostcapable car on the road.
I get it. Already guilty as charged with the C6. But to me the Raptor is super uncapable in anything but a rural western US environment. It just bumps into things because it's too big and sucks gas, like an H1/H2. I get the Jeep. I get the ZR2. I just don't get the Raptor.
I would argue that a C1234567 is even more useless if we wanted to go down that route.
It can't tow anything
You can't fit more than 2 ppl
You can't throw muddy tents in the bed
It can't clear a pebble
You constantly have to park far
Needless to say you can't do anything outside of smooth roads and shit roads destroy the car
You constantly have to wax
Ppl assume you have wayy too much money when you spent less than 1/2 of what they did on their Jeep Compass with 10k of negative equity etc and ask you for gas money
You can't use a lot of parking garages (same issues for both it seems)
Last edited by max225 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:16 pm
Davestr wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:11 pm

I really want to buy a late 90s earrrrrly 00 4 runner... but they are so DAMN OLD at this point that they are going to have "old car issues" similar to what I am having with the crown vic, which would be annoying to deal with. :gaydance:
Also @Dave... you can get a bare bonez 2 door heep for 29k with a :manuel: or 31k with a gayomatic.

You can even opt to NOT HAVE AC, because you're not a pussy right?
Nice to see one has options like no AC. Why not if thats what makes the spec work for you. I applaud that rather than the incessant package deals most makers make you suffer with. If you want basic you should be able to get it.

Im glad you can get a 2 door non loaded model. What I posted seems basic but with 4 doors and major torque and Toyota quality to boot. Whats not to like if you are a truck/jeep bro.
ChrisoftheNorth

:amazing:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:58 pm
Case in point.
But I want nothing to do with most of their other cars :iono:
Does wanting 1-2 models them make me PRO FORD? I mean I don't suck on the Ford :dong: like you do on the General. :hubba:
True. I just hate Ford and everything they make. Always have.

I kind of see the Mustang. It's a livable sports car.

The Raptor looks cool but I have no idea why anyone would actually buy one. It's terrible in all situations outside of desert running...which the ZR2 or the Ranger Raptor will be able to do just fine while being WAY better to live with.
Johnny_P

So I can't want to own something that doesn't make sense to own? Just because I want something doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. I want a Miata. I also want a Mclaren and a 911 and an RX7 twin turbo and all sorts of shit.... doesn't mean I'm going to go buy it...

:jesus: you guys....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm

So I can't want to own something that doesn't make sense to own? Just because I want something doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. I want a Miata. I also want a Mclaren and a 911 and an RX7 twin turbo and all sorts of shit.... doesn't mean I'm going to go buy it...

The only thing that makes sense to own for you is a Mini with giant Jeepbro welded steel bumpers. I think I am more frustrated with the fact that the Raptor doesn't make sense for hardly ANYONE. It's really the new H2. And I see a lot of guys driving them that really can't afford them. I DO NOT see anyone in a Ferrari or McLaren that cannot afford them.

I just calling out the Raptor as the nasty piece of white trash utopia that it is.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:59 am Yep. Totally worth losing my job over some :derp: s on the internet that don't really care anyway.
I care, but I'm in no place to purchase something like that for awhile, so I can wait for more info and then cross-shop if/when the time comes.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:40 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm Also, according to this forum, you are dumb AF for buying a Ford product. 4Zilch is a moran. Ferd is garbage.
The Ferd track record is not promising. I had problems with a bone-stock Focus, my dad has issues with his bone-stock 2004 F-350, Griffington has issues with his :fatty: Ferd-platformed bangbus.

4Zilch is an outlier with the FiST but from reading the FiST threads on other forumz, they're not immune to their own issues.

Ferd just has shitty dealer tactics, poor customer service that favors the dealer over the customer, and they're really slow to address issues.
I feel like if I bought a ford (GT350 or Shelby are the only ones I would ever buy) and had a bad experience it would be "on me bro" due to the generally poor reviews on here. Flat plane crank doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:08 pm

The only thing that makes sense to own for you is a Mini with giant Jeepbro welded steel bumpers. I think I am more frustrated with the fact that the Raptor doesn't make sense for hardly ANYONE. It's really the new H2. And I see a lot of guys driving them that really can't afford them. I DO NOT see anyone in a Ferrari or McLaren that cannot afford them.

I just calling out the Raptor as the nasty piece of white trash utopia that it is.
:bravo:
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:59 am Yep. Totally worth losing my job over some :derp: s on the internet that don't really care anyway.
I care, but I'm in no place to purchase something like that for awhile, so I can wait for more info and then cross-shop if/when the time comes.
:ohdang:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:40 pm

The Ferd track record is not promising. I had problems with a bone-stock Focus, my dad has issues with his bone-stock 2004 F-350, Griffington has issues with his :fatty: Ferd-platformed bangbus.

4Zilch is an outlier with the FiST but from reading the FiST threads on other forumz, they're not immune to their own issues.

Ferd just has shitty dealer tactics, poor customer service that favors the dealer over the customer, and they're really slow to address issues.
I feel like if I bought a ford (GT350 or Shelby are the only ones I would ever buy) and had a bad experience it would be "on me bro" due to the generally poor reviews on here. Flat plane crank doe.
no one on here has owned either of those cars. I'd love a gt350.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:08 pm

:amazing:

I still want one doe :megusta:

Also... makes sense for me to own a reliable mini with welded steel bumpers. Which doesn't exist.