Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the trigger-less Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24903
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: CookieMonster
Location: NJ

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Bikini is such a cool color in person. :wub: it.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Apex wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm
Bikini is such a cool color in person. :wub: it.
Yep. Odd in pics but great in person

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24056
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Image
:thisisfine:

Those of us that drove the wandering jeeps were :wrong: also... or maybe we will find out Thoon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:16 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:26 pm
Image
:thisisfine:

Those of us that drove the wandering jeeps were :wrong: also... or maybe we will find out Thoon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wrong:

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Rental for the next 2 weeks is a JLU Sport with the 2.blow.

:popcorn:

Initial impressions are it rides both better and worse than the Ram Rebel, and wind noise is a hell of a lot less than the rental I had. Haven't had it in a windy situation yet. The turbo does have lag that the V6 didn't, both feel about the same power wise, a bit more ass down low with the boosted motor, V6 sounded better.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Also, this one has an aftermarket windshield as well. I think it's a Jeep thing. :thisisfine:

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24056
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:19 pm
Also, this one has an aftermarket windshield as well. I think it's a Jeep thing. :thisisfine:
Odd, which engine would you pick btw, not considering reliability.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:30 pm

max225 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:27 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:19 pm
Also, this one has an aftermarket windshield as well. I think it's a Jeep thing. :thisisfine:
Odd, which engine would you pick btw, reliability not considering...
I need more butt time in the 2.slow. Not sure I'd care which engine it had. The BSG is meh, start/stop still happens, the AC still turns off when that occurs, etc. It's 90F and humid as fuck and this is a black on black jeep so that's not acceptable, ASS system was immediately turned off. 2.0 sounds meh but does make turbo vacuum cleaner noises. V6 sounds rowdy. 2.0 feels faster and better fuel economy but has turbo lag. Flip a coin.

I think maybe lean to the V6 right meow for consistency's sake? Ask me in 2 weeks.

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24056
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:30 pm
max225 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:27 pm


Odd, which engine would you pick btw, reliability not considering...
I need more butt time in the 2.slow. Not sure I'd care which engine it had. The BSG is meh, start/stop still happens, the AC still turns off when that occurs, etc. It's 90F and humid as fuck and this is a black on black jeep so that's not acceptable, ASS system was immediately turned off. 2.0 sounds meh but does make turbo vacuum cleaner noises. V6 sounds rowdy. 2.0 feels faster and better fuel economy but has turbo lag. Flip a coin.

I think maybe lean to the V6 right meow for consistency's sake? Ask me in 2 weeks.
I will, SS systems need to be outlawed, dumbest shit ever, unless it’s an actual hybrid

User avatar
D Griff
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12241
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am
Drives: AARPurple Brub Tub

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:41 am

Interesting that it’s so close... kinda makes me think :butwhy: bother with the 2.slow. I’m definitely team skip the turbo when possible though.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32249
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:57 am

I've had a 3.6 BSG for the last week and the wife has a 2.0 BSG. The two are remarkably similar. I do think the 2.0T feels "peppier", more torque down low, it's also a lot smoother on start from the ESS than the 3.6 (barely detectable on start).

She also drives like shit in a 70/30 city/highway drive and it's indicating 22mpg. I drive the same commute (literally we work .5 miles apart) and drive gentler than her and mine's indicating 20. Obviously not real world, so who knows what the real difference is, but I do intend on tracking hers just for shits n gigs.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Detroit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:57 am
I've had a 3.6 BSG for the last week and the wife has a 2.0 BSG. The two are remarkably similar. I do think the 2.0T feels "peppier", more torque down low, it's also a lot smoother on start from the ESS than the 3.6 (barely detectable on start).

She also drives like shit in a 70/30 city/highway drive and it's indicating 22mpg. I drive the same commute (literally we work .5 miles apart) and drive gentler than her and mine's indicating 20. Obviously not real world, so who knows what the real difference is, but I do intend on tracking hers just for shits n gigs.
Yeah they do feel close. A little more go in the 2.0, a bit of lag, a bit better MPG. :iono: I wouldn't personally give a damn which motor it had.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:32 pm

D Griff wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:41 am
Interesting that it’s so close... kinda makes me think :butwhy: bother with the 2.slow. I’m definitely team skip the turbo when possible though.
Corporate average fuel economy. If this is FCA's second best selling vehicle a 2 MPG improvement is pretty huge.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 33624
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:33 pm

max225 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:30 pm


I need more butt time in the 2.slow. Not sure I'd care which engine it had. The BSG is meh, start/stop still happens, the AC still turns off when that occurs, etc. It's 90F and humid as fuck and this is a black on black jeep so that's not acceptable, ASS system was immediately turned off. 2.0 sounds meh but does make turbo vacuum cleaner noises. V6 sounds rowdy. 2.0 feels faster and better fuel economy but has turbo lag. Flip a coin.

I think maybe lean to the V6 right meow for consistency's sake? Ask me in 2 weeks.
I will, SS systems need to be outlawed, dumbest shit ever, unless it’s an actual hybrid
Yeah. Hybrid motors stop running at a stop but all the hotel accessories keep working because they're electric because they were designed correctly.

User avatar
Huckleberry
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:10 am
Drives: 2004 GTO
Location: Hi. I'm in Delaware.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:22 pm

max225 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:30 pm


I need more butt time in the 2.slow. Not sure I'd care which engine it had. The BSG is meh, start/stop still happens, the AC still turns off when that occurs, etc. It's 90F and humid as fuck and this is a black on black jeep so that's not acceptable, ASS system was immediately turned off. 2.0 sounds meh but does make turbo vacuum cleaner noises. V6 sounds rowdy. 2.0 feels faster and better fuel economy but has turbo lag. Flip a coin.

I think maybe lean to the V6 right meow for consistency's sake? Ask me in 2 weeks.
I will, SS systems need to be outlawed, dumbest shit ever, unless it’s an actual hybrid
The one in the fiance's Cherokee is retarded. Whenever she pulls into the driveway, the engine quits, and then fires back up as soon as she shifts the trans out of drive and into park, only to be shut off immediately once the key is turned.

User avatar
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9196
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm

fuck, i wish i didn't like this thing so much....

:drool:

Image

https://www.salsburys.com/new/Jeep/2019 ... 18961f.htm

I want that with a cloth top in 2 door for $38k. :pout:
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32249
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:33 pm

dubshow wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm
fuck, i wish i didn't like this thing so much....

:drool:

Image

https://www.salsburys.com/new/Jeep/2019 ... 18961f.htm

I want that with a cloth top in 2 door for $38k. :pout:
LOVE that color.

A minimally equipped 2 Door Rubicon isn't a ton above $40k IIRC. Problem is it would likely need to be ordered.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9196
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Detroit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:33 pm
dubshow wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm
fuck, i wish i didn't like this thing so much....

:drool:

Image

https://www.salsburys.com/new/Jeep/2019 ... 18961f.htm

I want that with a cloth top in 2 door for $38k. :pout:
LOVE that color.

A minimally equipped 2 Door Rubicon isn't a ton above $40k IIRC. Problem is it would likely need to be ordered.
right. And no way to get a :dill: on ordering. Im searching a low spec rubi 2 door in bikini and its rare AF.

i love the color even more in person on that specific one, is the problem.
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9196
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:40 pm

FAWK mang. you cant even order bikini on teh site now. Is it a 2019 only color??
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32249
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:43 pm

dubshow wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:40 pm
FAWK mang. you cant even order bikini on teh site now. Is it a 2019 only color??
Yea, it was just half 2018 and 2019. It might be done now.

It's truly an epic color. I can't wait to see my dad's.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9196
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Detroit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:43 pm
dubshow wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:40 pm
FAWK mang. you cant even order bikini on teh site now. Is it a 2019 only color??
Yea, it was just half 2018 and 2019. It might be done now.

It's truly an epic color. I can't wait to see my dad's.
If you go deeper into build you can still spec it on a 2019.

my perfect one is $47k.

There is a close match at $54k in texas, with color hardtop :doe: and tan leather... :notbad:

https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/ ... 35b507.htm

:megusta: :wrong:

and a near identical spec which is kinda :unicorn: odd ball :ohdang:

https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/ ... bdf424.htm

Image
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32249
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:59 pm

dubshow wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 pm
Detroit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Yea, it was just half 2018 and 2019. It might be done now.

It's truly an epic color. I can't wait to see my dad's.
If you go deeper into build you can still spec it on a 2019.

my perfect one is $47k.

There is a close match at $54k in texas, with color hardtop :doe: and tan leather... :notbad:

https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/ ... 35b507.htm

:megusta: :wrong:

and a near identical spec which is kinda :unicorn: odd ball :ohdang:

https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/ ... bdf424.htm

Image
I mis typed, it was a 2019/2020 offering, but only a few months in 2020.

That second one is :notbad: but damn is that a loaded up 2 door.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9196
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Detroit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:59 pm
dubshow wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 pm


If you go deeper into build you can still spec it on a 2019.

my perfect one is $47k.

There is a close match at $54k in texas, with color hardtop :doe: and tan leather... :notbad:

https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/ ... 35b507.htm

:megusta: :wrong:

and a near identical spec which is kinda :unicorn: odd ball :ohdang:

https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/ ... bdf424.htm

Image
I mis typed, it was a 2019/2020 offering, but only a few months in 2020.

That second one is :notbad: but damn is that a loaded up 2 door.
I found one in Houston listed at $44k down from $51k. Its nearly what I want and heavily discounted. none color hard top doe.

https://www.autonationchryslerdodgejeep ... a4c7cf.htm

Image

:ohdang:
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32249
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm

dubshow wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:05 pm
Detroit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:59 pm

I mis typed, it was a 2019/2020 offering, but only a few months in 2020.

That second one is :notbad: but damn is that a loaded up 2 door.
I found one in Houston listed at $44k down from $51k. Its nearly what I want and heavily discounted. none color hard top doe.

https://www.autonationchryslerdodgejeep ... a4c7cf.htm

Image

:ohdang:
Wow, solid discount. :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15232
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Saw my first Bikini blue in person this weekend. Worlds better than how the color looks in pictures for sure.
:sawce:

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests