Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wrangler sold 110k units YTD. vs 80k LY, which was annualized at 200k sales. At that rate they'll be at 300k+ Units for the year. :mindblown: nearly the same amount as the corolla which sold 136k, however Jan-March they were not selling many JLUs... due to fucktory bottle necks... I think it'll outsell them by year end.
max225

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/recall ... -wrangler/

#Firstmodelyearfun
Some dudes were posting about this on the forums... basically, you lose steering control... :shock:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:51 pm https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/recall ... -wrangler/

#Firstmodelyearfun
Some dudes were posting about this on the forums... basically, you lose steering control... :shock:
Sounds more like the shaft can slip and off-center the wheel. Also sounds like a supplier issue that could happen to any OEM at any time in a product lifecycle.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:21 pm Wrangler sold 110k units YTD. vs 80k LY, which was annualized at 200k sales. At that rate they'll be at 300k+ Units for the year. :mindblown: nearly the same amount as the corolla which sold 136k, however Jan-March they were not selling many JLUs... due to fucktory bottle necks... I think it'll outsell them by year end.
Curious to see how the rest of the year goes once JK's are 100% gone.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:15 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:21 pm Wrangler sold 110k units YTD. vs 80k LY, which was annualized at 200k sales. At that rate they'll be at 300k+ Units for the year. :mindblown: nearly the same amount as the corolla which sold 136k, however Jan-March they were not selling many JLUs... due to fucktory bottle necks... I think it'll outsell them by year end.
:dat: too, but the rest of the year will get the 2 doors, tons of ppl waiting on those. I think they JUST started selling them. I think Toledo south will be retooled by then. :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:15 pm
:dat: too, but the rest of the year will get the 2 doors, tons of ppl waiting on those. I think they JUST started selling them. I think Toledo south will be retooled by then. :mindblown:
Yep. And then the pickup drops next year. The Wrangler will be EVERYWHERE.

The question though, what will happen to residuals? AND can Jeep keep the sales pace up? I'm really amazed by the price of these things.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:18 pm

The question though, what will happen to residuals? AND can Jeep keep the sales pace up? I'm really amazed by the price of these things.
Well loaded tacos are flying off the shelves, loaded 4 runners are in the 40s also, no issues moving record units.
Fraud F150 platinums Doge laramies etc over 60k... also record selling.

Ppl just have money today it seems. :aintcare: about the pricing.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Well loaded tacos are flying off the shelves, loaded 4 runners are in the 40s also, no issues moving record units.

I think it's more about debt tolerance than money. Scary stuff, IMO.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Are car loans per capita going up more so than income levels ? :notsure: if i saw an article. yes car loan $ are at highest levels, but those don't control for inflation/population etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:33 pm
Are car loans per capita going up more so than income levels ? :notsure: if i saw an article. yes car loan $ are at highest levels, but those don't control for inflation/population etc.
Good point/question.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

This + your neighbor Johnny Joe or Jimmy Sue has one, so why not you and your fam. The impact of seeing others is significant. Its scary and they wonder why they cant pay for other needed items. Plus the large truck is empty most of the time not at all used as designed. They probably only needed the Camry but yo.....I look great mall crawlin lol
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 pm
84 months, bro!

Do you even debt?!
Oems subsidize those epic stretch pays. Nothing wrong with getting .9%-2.9% apr for 72/84 months. That’s below inflation, you’d be a fool not to get the free money loan
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:00 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 pm

84 months, bro!

Do you even debt?!
Oems subsidize those epic stretch pays. Nothing wrong with getting .9%-2.9% apr for 72/84 months. That’s below inflation, you’d be a fool not to get the free money loan
Assuming someone can commit to a vehicle that long. 4 years at minimum underwater.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:32 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Assuming someone can commit to a vehicle that long. 4 years at minimum underwater.
Well you may not have a choice... but if you made the right move, why sell ? 6-7 year old vehicles should still be fine in terms of repair. You just may not get a new vehicle but your “old” car should still not be a money drain
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:32 pm
Well you may not have a choice... but if you made the right move, why sell ? 6-7 year old vehicles should still be fine in terms of repair. You just may not get a new vehicle but your “old” car should still not be a money drain
People's attention spans are way shorter than vehicle life.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=637

I forgot to post on here...the dude that I know who (was) paying $700/mo for a 4-banger Camaro? Traded it in for a fully-loaded Ford Explorer last month.
:wtf:

And get this...the payment, rolling 3 car's worth of negative equity now...$980 for 72 mos.

:mindblown: :math:

He's paying $70k for a damned Ford Exploder. But the roads are so bad, and the tech in the Explorer is "so great" plus the "performance" from turbros, it is "totally worth it".

This is the normal buying public folks.
ChrisoftheNorth

Hell, my :tits: wants to change vehicles due 100% to a fucking HEATED STEERING WHEEL

:mindblown: :wtf: :fullretard:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=637

I forgot to post on here...the dude that I know who (was) paying $700/mo for a 4-banger Camaro? Traded it in for a fully-loaded Ford Explorer last month.

And get this...the payment, rolling 3 car's worth of negative equity now...$980 for 72 mos.

He's paying $70k for a damned Ford Exploder. But the roads are so bad, and the tech in the Explorer is "so great" plus the "performance" from turbros, it is "totally worth it".

:mindblown:

I mean, I rolled a decent bit of negative equity into the :truk: but lease, so that's gone in 4 years. Then I can buy it out (most likely because I :wub: it) or give it back.
max225

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=637

Well he is next level :fullretard: most folks wouldn't do such a thing... this forum is relatively decent with money. Also if he can afford $980 a month + insurance + registration/fuel etc. He has quite a bit of disposable income. ~1500 a month on just he explorer
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:44 pm Hell, my :tits: wants to change vehicles due 100% to a fucking HEATED STEERING WHEEL

Once again. If you can afford to make the choice :doit: Doesn't matter the reason. It makes no sense to drive anything outside of a 10 year old corolla. Everything else is a WANT not a need.
$1000 a month to you is like $10,000 a month to :waxer: or the likes, so their "choices" will never make sense to those in different income brackets.

:plac: or the likes make no sense, but I think they are outliers more so than the norm.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=637

Is it? At some point the party has to end. This guy can't have a $1400 car payment.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=637

Is it? At some point the party has to end. This guy can't have a $1400 car payment.
Apparently, he can and he does ?
:derp:
ChrisoftheNorth

He lives in a $500 apartment and claims to make "six figures".
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=637

:mindblown:

I mean, I rolled a decent bit of negative equity into the :truk: but lease, so that's gone in 4 years. Then I can buy it out (most likely because I :wub: it) or give it back.
Lease is different. That's a :notbad: way to nuke negative equity if you can swing the payment.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:44 pm Hell, my :tits: wants to change vehicles due 100% to a fucking HEATED STEERING WHEEL

Once again. If you can afford to make the choice :doit: Doesn't matter the reason. It makes no sense to drive anything outside of a 10 year old corolla. Everything else is a WANT not a need.
$1000 a month to you is like $10,000 a month to :waxer: or the likes, so their "choices" will never make sense to those in different income brackets.

:plac: or the likes make no sense, but I think they are outliers more so than the norm.
I suppose.

"Can afford" and "want to afford" are two different things in my case.

We like to blow money on a lot of different things. Spending it on two :truk: seems :fullretard:

Still want a JL, :doe:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:54 pm

I suppose.

"Can afford" and "want to afford" are two different things in my case.

We like to blow money on a lot of different things. Spending it on two :truk: seems :fullretard:

Still want a JL, :doe:
I think most of us want a JL (dave excluded)

$1500 on an explorer is nuts .... that like $2400 pre tax ~30k a year on vehicle ... :plac: lyfe