Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:30 pm
max225 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:19 pm

That doesn’t exist when there are 400 million others in this country Alone :disgust:
Debatable, but you implied that he went out to see other people then complained about it but that was :wrong: as he went out to NOT see other people and complained when he did.
I am complaining and saying that "other" people are everywhere. There is no escaping them. When there is NOTHING else you can do other than try to get away from people you get to see PEOPLE. that's what I am saying, because everyone has the same idea. No matter what state/location you pick.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Debatable, but you implied that he went out to see other people then complained about it but that was :wrong: as he went out to NOT see other people and complained when he did.
I am complaining and saying that "other" people are everywhere. There is no escaping them. When there is NOTHING else you can do other than try to get away from people you get to see PEOPLE. that's what I am saying, because everyone has the same idea. No matter what state/location you pick.
:word:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat:

I feel like everyone (not DFD specifically) right now follows this cadence:

1. Leave the house to go do some activity
2. Find that many others are doing it
3. Complain at the audacity of all these people for being out doing the same thing

If you don’t want to see other people, stay home.

I don’t think Chris cares though, I get the sense his was more commentary than complaint.

In4 useless bed kayak pics.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

In Jeep news, we might get a Renegade now. :tits: likes this:
https://www.coxcdjr.com/inventory/ZACNJBB17LPL15927

I’m oddly very ok with giving up the Beemah at this point, three cars is pointless and I’d rather drive my ‘vette.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Found out last night that one of my cousin’s husbands was on the team that worked on the concept for the removable Bluetooth speaker in the JT :neat:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:28 am In Jeep news, we might get a Renegade now. :tits: likes this:

I’m oddly very ok with giving up the Beemah at this point, three cars is pointless and I’d rather drive my ‘vette.
I think these look cool. :popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:53 am
D Griff wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:28 am In Jeep news, we might get a Renegade now. :tits: likes this:

Yeah I like it quite a bit actually. Looks like $10k + on the hood as well which is probably :fakenews:

We shall see.

I think it’s probably prudent to wait until :tits: can fully drive... she doesn’t care about driving dynamics or anything but :iono: this would be hers like 80% of the time and then our trip vehicle.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:56 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:53 am

Yeah I like it quite a bit actually. Looks like $10k + on the hood as well which is probably :fakenews:

We shall see.

I think it’s probably prudent to wait until :tits: can fully drive... she doesn’t care about driving dynamics or anything but :iono: this would be hers like 80% of the time and then our trip vehicle.
Well over $2k of that is subprime special discount. So no it’s fake news. Interested to hear what they come back with though. Used these drop hard too so maybe find a used late model one?
max225

This is nice
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:27 am

3. Complain at the audacity of all these people for being out doing the same thing

I don’t think Chris cares though, I get the sense his was more commentary than complaint.

Would like those as well
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It's cute! Beep Beep!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

IDGAF about what others do. There were maybe 5 other people kayaking the lake, which is massive. It's part of why I like the hobby so much...it's really easy to be alone with your thoughts and nature.

I was just amazed by how many people were riding/running the trail and hanging out on the beach. Police and park security were regularly monitoring and just :aintcare: I'm just observing the overall lack of caring about the virus as :impressive: I keep my distance because I hate people, IDGAF about the virus.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:05 pm

IDGAF about what others do. There were maybe 5 other people kayaking the lake, which is massive. It's part of why I like the hobby so much...it's really easy to be alone with your thoughts and nature.

I was just amazed by how many people were riding/running the trail and hanging out on the beach. Police and park security were regularly monitoring and just :aintcare: I'm just observing the overall lack of caring about the virus as :impressive: I keep my distance because I hate people, IDGAF about the virus.
More people need this mindset, IMO.

Sounds like a solid time. Being out in the woods or on the water is really therapeutic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: I agree. People are going to people. I care about those who are a part of my life and if it's somewhat in my circle of control. I will do what I can to respect other's distance and stuff, but IDGAF if I even get the virus, I do that for the other people. Getting it would be liberating in a way, two weeks of sick and you never have to give a shit again.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:13 am

Would like those as well
:ohdang:

Will take some when we go this week...hopefully tomorrow. I didn't think people cared.

The bed works great to take our 2 10' kayaks. One flat, and one on it's side, I just use ratchet straps to hold them in. So much easier than the roof rack, which I do use when we go camping.

Speaking of, our first trip is this weekend. Legit :excite:

JT just flashed "Change oil soon". It's got 7900 miles, so it seems right on time. Debating if I want to try dealing with :dillerman: before we go on our ~500 mile trip, or just :aintcare: and deal with it later. It's free, I just have the :dillerman:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm

:dat: I agree. People are going to people. I care about those who are a part of my life and if it's somewhat in my circle of control. I will do what I can to respect other's distance and stuff, but IDGAF if I even get the virus, I do that for the other people. Getting it would be liberating in a way, two weeks of sick and you never have to give a shit again.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Sounds like a solid time. Being out in the woods or on the water is really therapeutic.
Only downside is a busy park makes for quite a bit of noise pollution. We paddled for 45 minutes before we found an area that was pretty quiet. Even then, highway noise was real.
max225

We can’t even do that here :(
Apex

max225 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:27 pm

We can’t even do that here :(
:pouroneout:
:sad:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Only downside is a busy park makes for quite a bit of noise pollution. We paddled for 45 minutes before we found an area that was pretty quiet. Even then, highway noise was real.
:notwrong:
Still outside getting those vitamin Ds.

Unlike Cali which is trying to turn into the Axiom.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Oh yea, being outside was fantastic. And apparently our reservation at the Federal camp ground this weekend is still valid, just got an email from them confirming. Toilets are closed, so need to dig a hole (which we do anyway, :aintcare: )...will be awesome to finally GTFO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:22 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Oh yea, being outside was fantastic. And apparently our reservation at the Federal camp ground this weekend is still valid, just got an email from them confirming. Toilets are closed, so need to dig a hole (which we do anyway, :aintcare: )...will be awesome to finally GTFO.

I have been outside as much or more than ever during quarantine. Not always the best of activities as we can't just go anywhere but I've done a ton of biking/running/walking/yard work/just chillin' on the patio. It has been my saving grace throughout all this. I should bust the kayak out, maybe this weekend. I'd feel a bit bad though because :tits: absolutely loves kayaking and she won't be able to with her arm situation for at least another week or two.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:22 pm

I have been outside as much or more than ever during quarantine. Not always the best of activities as we can't just go anywhere but I've done a ton of biking/running/walking/yard work/just chillin' on the patio. It has been my saving grace throughout all this. I should bust the kayak out, maybe this weekend. I'd feel a bit bad though because :tits: absolutely loves kayaking and she won't be able to with her arm situation for at least another week or two.
We've been outside as much as the weather allows. It's been a relatively cold spring, so not outside as much as we'd like, but still maximizing it.

Hardest thing for us is being stuck in "the city". We're super glad to be in our current hood with the big yard and quiet neighbors (aside from kids playing, which doesn't bother me at all). The silver lining for us is we didn't need to blow weekend upon weekend doing yardwork since the yard is completely destroyed from the garage and needed to be all redone.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm

This might actually be :fakenews: There has been some reports of people getting infected again after getting over it once. I just heard this weekend that 5 sailors on that aircraft carrier who had it just tested positive again. Now, it may have been a faulty test, or maybe they weren't completely over it but there's still so much unknown about this thing. It's frustrating as fuck.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.