Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:45 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 am

dang. my inner :scrooge: tingled. But that will surely net him a good price.
Yea...the car's worth money and he knows it. He's expecting well over $50k, and he'll probably get it. 2014 gray :manuel: with sunroof, Recaros, and 30k miles.
I'll pay 35K today. :dillerman:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Don’t you guys have you pull your key out of your pocket anyways and put it in the lock on the door to even get in your vehicles like me?

Oh, wait... :sad: poverty :jeep:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:25 pm Don’t you guys have you pull your key out of your pocket anyways and put it in the lock on the door to even get in your vehicles like me?

:triggered:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:07 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Ever since getting a car with PTS, I really miss it bad when I get in the ZR2.

Having to pull my keys out of my pocket all the time sucks. You get spoiled fast when every other car you've had for the last many years has had it (except the JK). Even my Harley has keyless start..... and Harley is almost always last to the game on innovation.
2009 370z which is "too old" now by everyones standards has it STANDARD.
So did my 2006 Prius.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 pm
So did my 2006 Prius.
But 2019 Jeep Wrangler doesn’t have it, instead it’s packed with all kinds of electric gizmos
Last edited by max225 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:25 pm Don’t you guys have you pull your key out of your pocket anyways and put it in the lock on the door to even get in your vehicles like me?

I paid $500 on the JL just so I wouldn't have to press the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob and feel like killing myself every time I drove it.

:hue:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:43 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 pm

So did my 2006 Prius.
But 2019 Jeep Wrangler doesn’t have it, instead it’s packed with all kinds of electric gizmos
You don't need door locks when the doors aren't on the vehicle.

Edit: :derp: forgot we were talking about push button start.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Everything in my dad's car is keyless but he still uses the key fob to lock/unlock, and then leaves the key in the car in the driveway.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Ever since getting a car with PTS, I really miss it bad when I get in the ZR2.

Having to pull my keys out of my pocket all the time sucks. You get spoiled fast when every other car you've had for the last many years has had it (except the JK). Even my Harley has keyless start..... and Harley is almost always last to the game on innovation.
Yup. It's been standard on numerous vehicles for the last 10-15 years now. It really shouldn't be considered a premium feature to replace an ignition switch with a button.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:30 pm
Yup. It's been standard on numerous vehicles for the last 10-15 years now. It really shouldn't be considered a premium feature to replace an ignition switch with a button.
:troywax: at the Corp headquarters.

Make 60k toys that never go off roads that have the same feature set as 35k msrp vehicles within the lineup.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I HATE push button start without proximity entry. You take the key out to unlock the vehicle...then what do you do with the key? It's a PITA to put it back in your pocket when sitting down, so you stick it in the cup holder? Then you lose a cup holder. Can't stand it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:46 pm I HATE push button start without proximity entry. You take the key out to unlock the vehicle...then what do you do with the key? It's a PITA to put it back in your pocket when sitting down, so you stick it in the cup holder? Then you lose a cup holder. Can't stand it.
If I had to deal with such half-assed-ness I would put the key back in my pocket before getting in the car.

Then I would drive it to a dealership and trade it in on a car that isn't stupid.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:46 pm I HATE push button start without proximity entry. You take the key out to unlock the vehicle...then what do you do with the key? It's a PITA to put it back in your pocket when sitting down, so you stick it in the cup holder? Then you lose a cup holder. Can't stand it.
If I had to deal with such half-assed-ness I would put the key back in my pocket before getting in the car.

Then I would drive it to a dealership and trade it in on a car that isn't stupid.
:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Yea that’s some :fullretard: shit right there
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm
When I was ordering the JL I was pretty surprised and later pissed that I had to pay for proximity entry on a vehicle with keyless start.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:43 pm

I paid $500 on the JL just so I wouldn't have to press the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob and feel like killing myself every time I drove it.

:hue:
Let me bum $500 off of you when I buy my next :jeep: so I can live that :waxer: life.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

And the Jeep key is full retard large. Unnecessarily so. I'd pay the $500 fee just so I didn't have to constantly touch that thing.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:53 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm

When I was ordering the JL I was pretty surprised and later pissed that I had to pay for proximity entry on a vehicle with keyless start.
FCA has figured out how to pack it down on the consumer with this Jeep, there is no question about that. On the other hand, they actually built a Jeep that drives ok. So perhaps it is warranted. It all gets down to whether you think 50 grand is an acceptable price to pay for the product on offer. In many ways it seems like something that will still perform as new after 10 years with regular maintenance.....can't say that about a 90K Range Rover. My answer is yes.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:23 am

FCA has figured out how to pack it down on the consumer with this Jeep, there is no question about that. On the other hand, they actually built a Jeep that drives ok. So perhaps it is warranted. It all gets down to whether you think 50 grand is an acceptable price to pay for the product on offer. In many ways it seems like something that will still perform as new after 10 years with regular maintenance.....can't say that about a 90K Range Rover. My answer is yes.
:howdareyou: compare a vehicle the queen calls her own to something you drown in the nearest mud pit surrounded by lovely onlookers that are missing a few chromosomes and Quite a few teeth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:39 am

:howdareyou: compare a vehicle the queen calls her own to something you drown in the nearest mud pit surrounded by lovely onlookers that are missing a few chromosomes and Quite a few teeth.
Man. The $60K Bimmer I bought is worth $33K. I'm driving the tires off of it but FUCK NEW CARS.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:58 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:39 am

Man. The $60K Bimmer I bought is worth $33K. I'm driving the tires off of it but FUCK NEW CARS.
33k is prob on the high side ... but :bruh: we told you that ... it depends on what you get. If you got her a civic type R at sticker it would be worth 2k more.

Also kind of insane that a 340i depreciated an entire wrx which drives just as nice. Or a used 335i at the time which is 98% the same.

Certain vehicles you just can’t buy new without taking a ram up the behind ...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:58 am

33k is prob on the high side ... but :bruh: we told you that ... it depends on what you get. If you got her a civic type R at sticker it would be worth 2k more.

Also kind of insane that a 340i depreciated an entire wrx which drives just as nice. Or a used 335i at the time which is 98% the same.

Certain vehicles you just can’t buy new ...
I fucking knew what I was doing. I'm just reporting the truth.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:06 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 am

Certain vehicles you just can’t buy new ...
I fucking knew what I was doing. I'm just reporting the truth.
Yes but the next 3 years it’ll drop 15 vs 35. And the the next 3 years after that it’ll drop 7... depreciation has slowed a yuge amount
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:48 pm

:dat: ... so who wants to buy my BMW??? :hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yeah, to me, the pricing seems fine. What other vehicle can do what the :jeep: does? None. ALl of the robustness that goes into them, while unused by most, is one reason they are loved and it costs more to design and build. Also, it's a fucking ox cart, I don't think it's a big issue that the pointless no-key nonsense and :fancy: headlights are extra options, at its core, that isn't the point of the vehicle. If you want a bunch of tech features for less money, go buy a Hyundai.