Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm Image
'
Must have accessory

Especially if you have a manual, so people can see you putting your leg in and out and in and out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:05 pm
Yea, true...for a 2-door, a Sport S is probably ample because the short wheelbase will get it anywhere. Sport S also keeps you from the 8.4" screen, leather, and proximity entry, which is :rage: but also keeps the price pretty reasonable. I'd probably go for the 2.0T and auto because we've done some internal drag rac...eerrrr testing and found the 2.0T to be superior to the 3.6, especially in the 2-door. It's really fun.

So I pretty much want what my dad ordered. I think I'm going to hold out to do anything until he gets his and I can spend some time with it. Hopefully the two week estimate from the :dillerman: proves true.
Keep me posted plz. I am curious in your take... I was all :fuckyeah: loaded rubi crew... but after yesterdays... 52k msrp one... I am a bit :notsure: especially once you start removing shit out of it... like what's the "point" of safety tech if there is no roof or doors, why do you need blindspot monitoring when you have no blinds sports... lulz...

I would actually even say SPORT is the way to go... 32k MSRP with AC. But I have never seen that interior... so I don't know... i also can't stand manual door locks. Now that shit is :disgust: for sure... so sport S it is...

Everything else can be retrofitted.... if even needed.
The Unlimiteds just feel too big and heavy for some reason... the 2 doors are quite more "pure". I think think of it a Jeep a DD is just :wrong: you need to treat it as what it is.....toys... get a fun 2 door bare bones jeep + a C5 and that's way more fun than 1 JLUR.

The manual in a 2 door would add a lot of fun to what is otherwise a really ... um... terrible driving vehicle. At least you stay engaged rowing gears, the trans is actually quite nice. Yes the 8 speed is a great trans... but you're in a TOY, a boring one unless you "play" with it... and playing with it requires shifting IMO.
This is all spot on, IMO. If it were me I'd absolutely go manual, soft top, two door. Not because I give a shit about it being a real Jeep or whatever, that just seems fun and it's not like Detroit has kids or anything.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, it's just tough. Despite no kids, the truck fills up fast on our adventures. 2 door might not be enough.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm
'
Must have accessory

Especially if you have a manual, so people can see you putting your leg in and out and in and out.
Throw them for a loop and rig that piece up to be the clutch pedal.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

'
Must have accessory

That's the most Harley Davidson bullshit thing I've ever seen.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Melon wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:46 am
'
Must have accessory

You say that until your balls start sweating in the airboatland heat because your a/c is now inadequate due to no doors or roof.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm
'
Must have accessory

:lolol: thats terribly amazing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

'
Must have accessory

You say that until your balls start sweating in the airboatland heat because your a/c is now inadequate due to no doors or roof.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:13 am

You ain't gonna bother with AC running naked.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:20 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:13 am

The guy in that picture definitely has his a/c on.
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:22 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:20 am

You have your a/c on.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:26 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:22 am

You have your a/c on.
:megusta:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Fun fact running naked with ac on contributes to global cooling. Do your part your planet needs you
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’m one week in with no doors or roof and I still like cruising in the naked Jeep. Anywhere other than S.D. or the Bay Area it’d be an occasional thing for sure, but with our temperate climates, as long as there isn’t rain, you don’t actually need different outfits for different times of day. Cruising in to work at 6 this morning in jeans and a polo was cool, but not cold and leaving work yesterday in the same jeans and a different polo in 80+° felt downright nice with the airflow cooling you off as you drive.

If you had a long commute, sure that might suck, but for my 5 miles each way, novelty or not, it’s enjoyable and fun and adds to the driving experience.

Also, guilty of dangling my foot out the open door while I drive, but only on the freeway when I’m not anticipating being on and off the clutch.
Last edited by SAWCE on Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 am Fun fact running naked with ac on contributes to global cooling. Do your part your planet needs you
:mindblown:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:13 am You say that until your balls start sweating in the airboatland heat because your a/c is now inadequate due to no doors or roof.
That's my secret.
My balls are always sweaty.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 am I’m one week in with no doors or roof and I still like cruising in the naked Jeep. Anywhere other than S.D. or the Bay Area it’d be an occasional thing for sure, but with our temperate climates, as long as there isn’t rain, you don’t actually need different outfits for different times of day. Cruising in to work at 6 this morning in jeans and a polo was cool, but not cold and leaving work yesterday in the same jeans and a different polo in 80+° felt downright nice with the airflow cooling you off as you drive.

If you had a long commute, sure that might suck, but for my 5 miles each way, novelty or not, it’s enjoyable and fun and adds to the driving experience.

Also, guilty of dangling my foot out the open door while I drive, but only on the freeway when I’m not anticipating being on and off the clutch.
:word:

Even here in NC I'd say when I'm alone I drive with all the windows down/targa off about 70% of the time. I just enjoy the fresh air. If it's a little cooler out I'll have a jacket with me anyway :iono:

I'd rock a naked Jeep for sure.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:20 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 am I’m one week in with no doors or roof and I still like cruising in the naked Jeep. Anywhere other than S.D. or the Bay Area it’d be an occasional thing for sure, but with our temperate climates, as long as there isn’t rain, you don’t actually need different outfits for different times of day. Cruising in to work at 6 this morning in jeans and a polo was cool, but not cold and leaving work yesterday in the same jeans and a different polo in 80+° felt downright nice with the airflow cooling you off as you drive.

:word:

Even here in NC I'd say when I'm alone I drive with all the windows down/targa off about 70% of the time. I just enjoy the fresh air. If it's a little cooler out I'll have a jacket with me anyway :iono:

I'd rock a naked Jeep for sure.
See you have to preface it with “when I’m alone” that’s all I’m getting at. Sure when I’m alone and the weather is good and i don’t have to go far and im in the mood it’s all great fun.
Apex

Ya'll really don't ride with the windows down with your sig. others in the car? :mindblown:
If it's remotely nice out, we're always windows down.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:Ya'll really don't ride with the windows down with your sig. others in the car? :mindblown:
Why would you want all that wind, noise, and humidity? AC and a good stereo is bliss.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm
Apex wrote:Ya'll really don't ride with the windows down with your sig. others in the car? :mindblown:
Why would you want all that wind, noise, and humidity? AC and a good stereo is bliss.
Because I enjoy it?

What's your stereo setup in the Lincoln? EQ and time alignment controller?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:29 pm Ya'll really don't ride with the windows down with your sig. others in the car? :mindblown:
In town, yeah, on the highway, not really. I'd say alone it's about 70+% of the time, with her, more like 40%.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm
I have never been a car with a female that enjoyed everything down and all the outside pleasantries hitting you in the face/hair.

They always preferred their window up. Unless it was some :unicorn: Hawaii or random national park scenario. Come on guys ... can we get real here
Apex

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:51 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm Why would you want all that wind, noise, and humidity? AC and a good stereo is bliss.
I have never been a car with a female that enjoyed everything down and all the outside pleasantries hitting you in the face/hair.

They always preferred their window up. Unless it was some :unicorn: Hawaii or random national park scenario. Come on guys ... can we get real here
My apologies, max knows all.

I'll stfu and :gtfo: now.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:51 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm Why would you want all that wind, noise, and humidity? AC and a good stereo is bliss.

Hand her a hairband and tell her to :stfu:
I always had the windows down in the GTI and michelle never complained. She’s cruised in the naked Jeep and few times and hasn’t complained about that at all either. No long drives, but if I was heading out of town or going on a long drive I’d probably button it all up anyways even if it was just me making the trip.