Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:00 am Unpopular Opinion: Bikini is "OK"
It definitely looks better in person, but I’d much rather orange or the purple they offered on the JK.

But I was also :wrong: about the cornhole bloo on the Rabbit..
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:59 am ah, yup. $60k for a 2019 rubicunt + dealer mods

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/e ... 80e035.htm

:nope: but :neat:

10k on the hood and 10k in "mods" :hubba:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Good spec and pricing. :jelly:

Thats like $6k cheaper than anything here.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:07 am
dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:59 am ah, yup. $60k for a 2019 rubicunt + dealer mods

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/e ... 80e035.htm

:nope: but :neat:

10k on the hood and 10k in "mods" :hubba:
They do that to 25% of inventory :sad:
max225

dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:11 am

Hmm that's just sticker elsewhere then? Jeep has been throwing rebates nationwide, and JL forum has the average guy at "invoice -3%"
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Good spec gladiator but boring color for $48k

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/n ... 42228a.htm

:notbad: but man I'd want a fun color. Silver was too boring for me.

max225

dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:14 am Good spec gladiator but boring color for $48k

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/n ... 42228a.htm

:notbad: but man I'd want a fun color. Silver was too boring for me.

6k on the hood, and still more than 3k more expensive than a Taco that has more equipment.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:13 am
dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:11 am

Hmm that's just sticker elsewhere then? Jeep has been throwing rebates nationwide, and JL forum has the average guy at "invoice -3%"
Yeah, $45k sticker on good spec then they put $12k of bullshit on it. :rage:

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/e ... 05ef25.htm

:sad:
max225

dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:17 am
max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:13 am

Yeah, $45k sticker on good spec then they put $12k of bullshit on it. :rage:

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/e ... 05ef25.htm

:sad:
:dang:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

$34k for a near stripper pleb 2dr. Cool color combo :doe:

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/n ... 639fe0.htm

max225

dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:19 am $34k for a near stripper pleb 2dr. Cool color combo :doe:

https://www.allstardodgelouisiana.com/n ... 639fe0.htm

That's a really good spec.. but man... it once again shows how high the MSRP got on the JL. Near 40k for a 2 door with no nav or even a roof. A Rage4 is fully loaded at that price point...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I've been looking at :jeep: recently as we are considering the :plac: as previously mentioned, and it does seem like CA :dill: are significantly better than what's being offered here.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am I've been looking at :jeep: recently as we are considering the :plac: as previously mentioned, and it does seem like CA :dill: are significantly better than what's being offered here.
And 7/10 :dillerman: are closed. :yikes:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I wonder how the :dill: curve will be and when we should consider striking. It's tough to even find time to test drive shit and :tits: can't drive so probably best to wait a few weeks until she can. We'll need to find a cool :tubeman: that is open to us testing Wrongler, Renegay, and CompASS.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:30 am I wonder how the :dill: curve will be and when we should consider striking. It's tough to even find time to test drive shit and :tits: can't drive so probably best to wait a few weeks until she can. We'll need to find a cool :tubeman: that is open to us testing Wrongler, Renegay, and CompASS.
There were about 5 :manuel: tacos with a 37.7k msrp that I was watching.... 4/5 have SOLD. :yikes: while you can't even test drive a car.

FCA was dangling employee pricing + 0 for 84 and no payments for 100 days... I don't understand the no payment shit... but overall, that's what's out there right now. I am not sure they would do EP+0%
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am I've been looking at :jeep: recently as we are considering the :plac: as previously mentioned, and it does seem like CA :dill: are significantly better than what's being offered here.
I was on to this like 3 years ago when I did the :jeep: game.

Damn, now I feel all :wap: with 2 years inthe :gorf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:33 am
I was on to this like 3 years ago when I did the :jeep: game.

Damn, now I feel all :wap: with 2 years inthe :gorf:
Try six in a gold chainz wagon.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:31 am
D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:30 am I wonder how the :dill: curve will be and when we should consider striking. It's tough to even find time to test drive shit and :tits: can't drive so probably best to wait a few weeks until she can. We'll need to find a cool :tubeman: that is open to us testing Wrongler, Renegay, and CompASS.
There were about 5 :manuel: tacos with a 37.7k msrp that I was watching.... 4/5 have SOLD. :yikes: while you can't even test drive a car.

FCA was dangling employee pricing + 0 for 84 and no payments for 100 days... I don't understand the no payment shit... but overall, that's what's out there right now. I am not sure they would do EP+0%
:impressive:

Yeah, :aintcare: about the payment deferral, but if we actually :jeep: I'll take the 0 for 84 because why not?
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:58 am
max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:31 am

Yeah, :aintcare: about the payment deferral, but if we actually :jeep: I'll take the 0 for 84 because why not?
:plac: profit will be there after year 2. so why not. AT 84 months the jeeps are still over 50% of their msrp and you'll be done with payments... even though you'll be 40 or nearly 40 years old. :yikes:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:58 am

:plac: profit will be there after year 2. so why not. AT 84 months the jeeps are still over 50% of their msrp and you'll be done with payments... even though you'll be 40 or nearly 40 years old. :yikes:
:notwrong: strange to think about it like that. I have never owned a car, had a relationship, lived in my own place for 84 months or more.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:09 pm

:notwrong: strange to think about it like that. I have never owned a car, had a relationship, lived in my own place for 84 months or more.
:whale: that's the PREDATORY paperwork you're signing. So just something to be aware.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Went to a friend's house last night and drove the wife's JL...which hadn't been driven in over a week or so. Went to leave, and it wouldn't crank. All lights, radio, etc were working fine, but it was classic dead battery.

Luckily, we live in the same neighborhood, so I had a friend run me home to get my Lithium Ion jumper pack (little thing that's saved me like this more times than I can count). Got back to the Jeep, hooked up the pack, and it started right up without waiting. Drove home and decided to deal with it today.

JL/T's have two batteries. One is used just for starting the vehicle (for start/stop and when you press the ignition button), and the other runs all the systems, which is why last night everything was working but the Jeep wouldn't start. Talked to some engineers and apparently that starter battery takes a long time to charge, so I jumped the Jeep again this morning and let it run for an hour. Now it's all good, but I put a trickle charger on it just to make sure it stays good.

:csb: ?

I'm writing this to dispel forumbro :bs: for any other JL/T DFD members. In searching the Jeep forums, there's all this nonsense about how hard JLs are to jump start because the starter battery isn't accessible. They talk about jumper harnesses and removing fenders and just insanity claiming what I did with my Lithium ion pack to be "impossible", yet I did it twice. :yeahok:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:22 pm Went to a friend's house last night and drove the wife's JL...which hadn't been driven in over a week or so. Went to leave, and it wouldn't crank. All lights, radio, etc were working fine, but it was classic dead battery.

Luckily, we live in the same neighborhood, so I had a friend run me home to get my Lithium Ion jumper pack (little thing that's saved me like this more times than I can count). Got back to the Jeep, hooked up the pack, and it started right up without waiting. Drove home and decided to deal with it today.

JL/T's have two batteries. One is used just for starting the vehicle (for start/stop and when you press the ignition button), and the other runs all the systems, which is why last night everything was working but the Jeep wouldn't start. Talked to some engineers and apparently that starter battery takes a long time to charge, so I jumped the Jeep again this morning and let it run for an hour. Now it's all good, but I put a trickle charger on it just to make sure it stays good.

I'm writing this to dispel forumbro :bs: for any other JL/T DFD members. In searching the Jeep forums, there's all this nonsense about how hard JLs are to jump start because the starter battery isn't accessible. They talk about jumper harnesses and removing fenders and just insanity claiming what I did with my Lithium ion pack to be "impossible", yet I did it twice. :yeahok:
Weird I read the forum bro non sense also, but most seem to have no issue jumping. But I did note some of those aux batteries failing on the forum.

A bit early for a 2018 if you ask me. My POS British bastard is still on an original battery and sits for weeks occasionally. But maybe it’s the winter thing, that tends to kill batteries
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:22 pm Went to a friend's house last night and drove the wife's JL...which hadn't been driven in over a week or so. Went to leave, and it wouldn't crank. All lights, radio, etc were working fine, but it was classic dead battery.

Weird I read the forum bro non sense also, but most seem to have no issue jumping. But I did note some of those aux batteries failing on the forum.

A bit early for a 2018 if you ask me. My POS British bastard is still on an original battery and sits for weeks occasionally. But maybe it’s the winter thing, that tends to kill batteries
We'll see if the battery is really dead, or just drained. After I let it run for an hour, it started flawlessly after sitting for 30 minutes. It probably sat for a week and a half if not more...and the last time it was driven was 10 minutes down the road to the liquor store, which did very little to charge the starting battery. In fact, I doubt the starting battery has actually gotten much charge in well over a month. In which time it's endured some pretty low temps too.

Really just need to drive it more, but whenever we leave the house, we're getting landscaping or construction shit that requires the :truk: :triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:32 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 pm

We'll see if the battery is really dead, or just drained. After I let it run for an hour, it started flawlessly after sitting for 30 minutes. It probably sat for a week and a half if not more...and the last time it was driven was 10 minutes down the road to the liquor store, which did very little to charge the starting battery. In fact, I doubt the starting battery has actually gotten much charge in well over a month. In which time it's endured some pretty low temps too.

Really just need to drive it more, but whenever we leave the house, we're getting landscaping or construction shit that requires the :truk: :triggered:
Getting to enjoy the whorange :truk: seems like a nice last time even though it is a shiterest run