Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:49 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm

:dat: I agree. People are going to people. I care about those who are a part of my life and if it's somewhat in my circle of control. I will do what I can to respect other's distance and stuff, but IDGAF if I even get the virus, I do that for the other people. Getting it would be liberating in a way, two weeks of sick and you never have to give a shit again.
This might actually be :fakenews: There has been some reports of people getting infected again after getting over it once. I just heard this weekend that 5 sailors on that aircraft carrier who had it just tested positive again. Now, it may have been a faulty test, or maybe they weren't completely over it but there's still so much unknown about this thing. It's frustrating as fuck.
Agreed that having it one and one is not a guarantee at this point. If you survive it once with moderate symptoms though, I''d feel pretty confident it wasn't going to smoke me on round 2.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Keep watching Jeep :truk: dills

I have bug but still like my :gorf: too much. Would be a 2 for 1 trade.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm

:dat: I agree. People are going to people. I care about those who are a part of my life and if it's somewhat in my circle of control. I will do what I can to respect other's distance and stuff, but IDGAF if I even get the virus, I do that for the other people. Getting it would be liberating in a way, two weeks of sick and you never have to give a shit again.
This might actually be :fakenews: There has been some reports of people getting infected again after getting over it once. I just heard this weekend that 5 sailors on that aircraft carrier who had it just tested positive again. Now, it may have been a faulty test, or maybe they weren't completely over it but there's still so much unknown about this thing. It's frustrating as fuck.
:disgust: that sucks.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Beep.
Apex

Beep.
Apex

Jeep.
Apex

Jeep.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:37 pmJeep.
:jelly:
Apex

/ :bread:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Over 10,000!!!!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:35 pm

Just saw that it's up to 13 sailors that had it, got over it. Tested negative-twice. Then got it again. :doomed:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:32 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:35 pm

Just saw that it's up to 13 sailors that had it, got over it. Tested negative-twice. Then got it again. :doomed:
But our haircuts
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dropped my :jeep: :truk: off at the :mahtroy: :dillerman: we bought the JL from for an oil change. All other :jeep: :dillerman: were claiming I'd have to wait "at least 2 weeks" to get an appointment. They just told me to come on in, and with our camping adventure coming up, I'll feel better knowing it has fresh oil. It's "free" anyway, so why not.

Pull in and the service dude was :amazing: at my truck. Apparently, they can't get JT Rubicon allocations, and it's one of the first they've had in the service area...and they didn't even know the truck could be had in whorange.

:csb:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am Dropped my :jeep: :truk: off at the :mahtroy: :dillerman: we bought the JL from for an oil change. All other :jeep: :dillerman: were claiming I'd have to wait "at least 2 weeks" to get an appointment. They just told me to come on in, and with our camping adventure coming up, I'll feel better knowing it has fresh oil. It's "free" anyway, so why not.

Pull in and the service dude was :amazing: at my truck. Apparently, they can't get JT Rubicon allocations, and it's one of the first they've had in the service area...and they didn't even know the truck could be had in whorange.

Did he offer up a handy at least? :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:57 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am Dropped my :jeep: :truk: off at the :mahtroy: :dillerman: we bought the JL from for an oil change. All other :jeep: :dillerman: were claiming I'd have to wait "at least 2 weeks" to get an appointment. They just told me to come on in, and with our camping adventure coming up, I'll feel better knowing it has fresh oil. It's "free" anyway, so why not.

I forgot to bring the two round trip tickets to Tahiti that I bought for him, so he was a little miffed at me. I promised to bring them when I pick up the truck, so hopefully that will make us square.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:04 am

I forgot to bring the two round trip tickets to Tahiti that I bought for him, so he was a little miffed at me. I promised to bring them when I pick up the truck, so hopefully that will make us square.
:mahman:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My :dillerman: is closed and they took their site down :( biggest fca :dillerman: In this 8 million person area :-/
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

You've got it :wrong: , the customer GIVES the handy, not receives it. I guess a handy is adequate for just an oil change but once you get into coolant flush or brake bleed, better get some holes ready :mahman:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:fuckyeah:

3 of 4 local dillers pulled all discounts on JT rubi's. Only one has 6k off. The all have 5+
max225

dubshow wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:11 am

:fuckyeah:

3 of 4 local dillers pulled all discounts on JT rubi's. Only one has 6k off. The all have 5+
Fca fine print reads that gladiators are excluded, and it applies to overland models only
ChrisoftheNorth

Oil change, tire rotation, AND replacing the cabin and engine air filters, all covered as part of my corp lease. The filters were unnecessary, but I already paid for them in the least, so :aintcare:

That :dillerman: is the best. Always friendly, excellent service, my truck was ready in under 2 hours. My guess is they know they need to have outstanding service to get people to drive to that area, but I've always been impressed.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:38 pm Oil change, tire rotation, AND replacing the cabin and engine air filters, all covered as part of my corp lease. The filters were unnecessary, but I already paid for them in the least, so :aintcare:

That :dillerman: is the best. Always friendly, excellent service, my truck was ready in under 2 hours. My guess is they know they need to have outstanding service to get people to drive to that area, but I've always been impressed.
:stfu: with this :dillerman: :unicorn: crap

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:38 pm Oil change, tire rotation, AND replacing the cabin and engine air filters, all covered as part of my corp lease. The filters were unnecessary, but I already paid for them in the least, so :aintcare:

Maybe try the :dillerman: you avoid because of location?

I always ignored this place because of the location. I assumed it would be all "what's your monthly payment" and trying to fleece people right and left in service.

We bought the JL there because the :dill: was great, and the sales dude was direct and awesome. Then, when I was picking up my truck just now, I overheard one of the service writers telling an old man that brought his Caravan in for something that "plugs and wires aren't necessary at his mileage, and that he'll be fine with an oil change and they'll check everything over for him".

They actually declined to do work that the guy (presumably) asked for because it wasn't necessary. Old dude was stoked.

This is in maybe one of the poorest zip codes in the nation. Highland Park, MI has been completely decimated over the last few decades, this is one of the only businesses left. Now I know why.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:46 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:39 pm

I always ignored this place because of the location. I assumed it would be all "what's your monthly payment" and trying to fleece people right and left in service.

We bought the JL there because the :dill: was great, and the sales dude was direct and awesome. Then, when I was picking up my truck just now, I overheard one of the service writers telling an old man that brought his Caravan in for something that "plugs and wires aren't necessary at his mileage, and that he'll be fine with an oil change and they'll check everything over for him".

They actually declined to do work that the guy (presumably) asked for because it wasn't necessary. Old dude was stoked.

This is in maybe one of the poorest zip codes in the nation. Highland Park, MI has been completely decimated over the last few decades, this is one of the only businesses left. Now I know why.
I sent my dad/buddy to 4 different :dillerman: here, same story every time. Also my buddy with his 1500 ram eco diesel (who i just got some oil filters). For his eco diesel the charge was $2000 for a 40k mile service and they want $399 for an oil change. Booked for 2 weeks for oil changes, try to fleece you for $200 for the 3.6.

It is the FCA :unicorn: treatment for the big man in the suit.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:46 pm

I sent my dad to 3 different :dillerman: here, same story every time. Booked for 2 weeks for oil changes, try to fleece you for $200.

It is the FCA :unicorn: treatment for the big man in the suit.
Maybe?

All the other :dillerman: I contacted in the "nice" areas where suits live treated me like crap in addition to their "2 week minimum" wait for an oil change. I rolled in today in jeans and a hoodie with a drywall mask on my face, and they didn't seem to treat me different than any other person there and had my truck done in ~2 hours.