Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I should probably throw some seat covers on mine since I plan on being topless/doorless all summer..

I have a half spiderwedshade covering the front two seats at least thanks to Zman.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The new compass exterior design avoids an immediate search in the closet for your samurai sword, but buying one new? Like the BMW, it is an ultimate depreciating machine. Get one slightly used to avoid some of the depreciation but not used enough to have visible signs of the usual assaults of the poors on it, boogers, dead skin, candy wrappers, makeup, pet damage, More 100 menthol smoke, etc.

This would actually be a great car to scoop up from Hertz, etc.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:32 pm The new compass exterior design avoids an immediate search in the closet for your samurai sword, but buying one new? Like the BMW, it is an ultimate depreciating machine. Get one slightly used to avoid some of the depreciation but not used enough to have visible signs of the usual assaults of the poors on it, boogers, dead skin, candy wrappers, makeup, pet damage, More 100 menthol smoke, etc.

They have only been out ... 2 years tops ? And new ones have 10k on the hood on occasion. Used it turns into a shit show because most people that own them seem to be rental agencies and sub 660 credit score financial experts.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:32 pm The new compass exterior design avoids an immediate search in the closet for your samurai sword, but buying one new? Like the BMW, it is an ultimate depreciating machine. Get one slightly used to avoid some of the depreciation but not used enough to have visible signs of the usual assaults of the poors on it, boogers, dead skin, candy wrappers, makeup, pet damage, More 100 menthol smoke, etc.

:notwrong: but if we go this route she would likely have for 7-10 years, so :aintcare: really.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 am
max225 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:51 am

This seems ok... :iono: not everyone wants to crawl, and it seems like a great little softroader that won't break the bank.
Drive one. I personally hate it.

I think Kia makes a thing this size now, that's probably a better buy than this.

If a cheap Jeep is desired, the Renegade should not be overlooked. That thing manages to feel like a Jeep, and drives well for the size. As a box, it's space utilization is fantastic tons of headroom and cargo space...and the roof can come off, so you still get the convertible Jeep feeling if desired.
I agree. Renegade looks cool. They come in fun colors. The tiny turbo motor makes fun noises. A stock Renegade Trailhawk can handle Black Bear Pass with no mods, so they're more than capable enough.

That stupid transmission is the killing point for me, personally.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The solid exterior design belies an utterly forgettable driving experience in an "SUV" that feels like a car and a cabin that looks/feels no different from a 5 year old Kia.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:22 pm

The solid exterior design belies an utterly forgettable driving experience in an "SUV" that feels like a car and a cabin that looks/feels no different from a 5 year old Kia.
Hard words from a hard man.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's for :tits: :doe: :whocares:

I'm sure it's an adequate vehicle, albeit an uninteresting one. I would never drive it.
max225

I mean... what exactly would one expect of that. Perhaps my standards are just lower for vehicles as such. They are cheap (ish) DDs that do it all.
max225

My favorite FCA :dillerman: looks like has had their website shut... :wtf: they are the biggest volume dealer in a 100 Mile radius...
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:03 pm
It's for :tits: :doe: :whocares:

I'm sure it's an adequate vehicle, albeit an uninteresting one. I would never drive it.
You're married. You're going to have to deal with anything she buys.

Just saying to keep the search broad beyond the Jeep brand if a Compass is on the list. :gag:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:01 pm
No :koolaid: here. I was legit embarrassed the first time I drove a Compass. The only thing worse was the Cherokee. Both those vehicles could have a BYD badge on them and people wouldn't think twice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:20 pm

No :koolaid: here. I was legit embarrassed the first time I drove a Compass. The only thing worse was the Cherokee. Both those vehicles could have a BYD badge on them and people wouldn't think twice.
Yeah man, one of my buddies here has a CHerokee and I hate that thing. There is thie weird phase issue with the audio and every time I ride in it, my head hurts. I've never experienced anything like it. The car sucks in pretty much every other way too.

She seems to be team Renegade now :notbad:

For some reason, she's really hung up on Jeep brand.

I will say, her favorite car ever was the Fiat Panda we had in Italy and Renegade is about as close as you can get to that here.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Which renegayde trims had freedom panels?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:08 pm
Yeah man, one of my buddies here has a CHerokee and I hate that thing. There is thie weird phase issue with the audio and every time I ride in it, my head hurts. I've never experienced anything like it. The car sucks in pretty much every other way too.

She seems to be team Renegade now :notbad:

For some reason, she's really hung up on Jeep brand.

I will say, her favorite car ever was the Fiat Panda we had in Italy and Renegade is about as close as you can get to that here.
You could prob get a screaming deal on a 500x
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

The fiance has a Cherokee. It's not a bad car with the V6. The 4 cylinder version is downright anemic, though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:13 pm Which renegayde trims had freedom panels?
She has been looking for that, I didn't even know it was a thing. They're rare.

Currently the requirements are basically:

White, bloo, or Bikini (I think)
Heated seats ( :tits: :triggered: )
Pano roof or freedumb pans
Automatic trans
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 am
The fiance has a Cherokee. It's not a bad car with the V6. The 4 cylinder version is downright anemic, though.
Don't sit and the back and turn the radio on unless you like seizures.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

:tits: had a 4 cylinder Cherokee. The engine wasn't nearly as annoying as the trash transmission. Although, they seem to have sorted that problem out now.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:13 pm Which renegayde trims had freedom panels?
It's an option on most...and :dillerman: probably doesn't order it for inventory because :waxer:
ChrisoftheNorth

The V6 is the only redeeming quality of the Cherokee, and even then many don't have it.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:51 am

Automatic trans
Gotta be Bikini. I passed one on my way home from work last night; it really is an incredible color.
ChrisoftheNorth

Automatic trans
This would be 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:15 am

Automatic trans
Gotta be Bikini. I passed one on my way home from work last night; it really is an incredible color.
It's the best. I wish it was applied to Gladiators, I'd have one.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:15 am Gotta be Bikini. I passed one on my way home from work last night; it really is an incredible color.
It's the best. I wish it was applied to Gladiators, I'd have one.
That’s lame that they don’t offer it on the Gladiators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk