Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:45 pm

I am just having a tough time following. If you want the vehicle, you know what to do, it seems like you're sort of on the fence about the whole thing, unless something falls into your lap. :dillerman: are going to :dillerman: I mean eventually this means you have to go in, in person.
Exactly. I don't need to do anything, I'm only going to make a deal if it falls into my lap and it's :mindblown: great.

I used to be able to e-mail 3-5 chevy dealers and have price quotes within an hour. I got my ZR2 entirely on a whim from an e-mail asking for a lease payment below $350 and they delivered. It was so easy.

I don't want to have to do anything to make a deal, this is 100% :plac: and unnecessary.
Yea, I think your Chevy experiences have been really off the beaten path, almost every single dealing I have had falls within the "come in for a test drive" type situation. The notable exception was Honda :dillerman: in my area, I emailed 6 and got 5 quotes back within 30 min, all within $500 of one another which was :mindblown:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:39 pm
Yea, I don't want it that bad if I can just go order one exactly what I want for nearly the same price.
I am just having a tough time following. If you want the vehicle, you know what to do, it seems like you're sort of on the fence about the whole thing, unless something falls into your lap. :dillerman: are going to :dillerman: I mean eventually this means you have to go in, in person.
The deal is that if they don't want to play his game, his way, then he's taking his ball and leaving those motherfuckers in the sandbox.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 pm

The deal is that if they don't want to play his game, his way, then he's taking his ball and leaving those motherfuckers in the sandbox.
:dat:

I have the upper hand since I have zero urgency to do anything. If something pops up, great. If not...I'll wait until I'm forced to do something in September, which is probably a better time to be shopping anyway.

If all :dillerman: suck, which it's looking like, then I'm going to order the exact thing I want in July and just take my 7% below invoice employee :dill: with no hassle. I drive past a Jeep dealer every day 10 minutes from my house. I'll just go there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ ... -us.29082/

:lolol:

Dude got 9.2% below invoice by the dealer charging him a 7.93% interest rate!

THIS is why they want me to come in. I guarantee you that $9k off number includes 10% interest rate financing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 pm

I have the upper hand since I have zero urgency to do anything. If something pops up, great. If not...I'll wait until I'm forced to do something in September, which is probably a better time to be shopping anyway.

If all :dillerman: suck, which it's looking like, then I'm going to order the exact thing I want in July and just take my 7% below invoice employee :dill: with no hassle. I drive past a Jeep dealer every day 10 minutes from my house. I'll just go there.
You're actually doing this in two ways. You're the C5 guy who is responsible for C5s never selling. $20K for Camdalf or :gtfo: Fuck the market. Fuck your opinion. I know what I've got here.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Chris is actually royalty. Respect for the supreme is mandatory.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:00 pm https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ ... -us.29082/

THIS is why they want me to come in. I guarantee you that $9k off number includes 10% interest rate financing.
You can pay it off early. Or get another loan for it. I think the requirement is 3 months or something.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:00 pm https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ ... -us.29082/

You can pay it off early. Or get another loan for it. I think the requirement is 3 months or something.
Refi with a credit union after you take delivery. You can refi anytime but if it’s before 3 mo then the salesbrah doesn’t make his commission from the bank.

Fuck em.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 pm

You're actually doing this in two ways. You're the C5 guy who is responsible for C5s never selling. $20K for Camdalf or :gtfo: Fuck the market. Fuck your opinion. I know what I've got here.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:popcorn:

Dude I saw an orange JLU sport poverty model this weekend. Fucking rad color. Black steel wheels look right on these things legit looked awesome and was probably a crank window unit.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:39 pm Which, Mr. :math: how do you find invoice pricing for these things?
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ ... ussions.7/

Spend some time here. There are also threads about :dill: 's and dealers willing to :dill:

Here is the "invoice" crap

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ ... dded.3193/
I actually debated making a spreadsheet like this. Glad someone else did it for me.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:13 pm :popcorn:

Dude I saw an orange JLU sport poverty model this weekend. Fucking rad color. Black steel wheels look right on these things legit looked awesome and was probably a crank window unit.
Yea... they pov spec doesn't look too bad.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:14 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 pm

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ ... ussions.7/

Spend some time here. There are also threads about :dill: 's and dealers willing to :dill:

Here is the "invoice" crap

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ ... dded.3193/
I actually debated making a spreadsheet like this. Glad someone else did it for me.
All the resources are there, when you make up your mind about the :jeep: the :dill: 's are waitin.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:12 pm

That's no requirement, it's just a courtesy so that the dealer doesn't get charged back on the spiff they'll get from the bank for the finance deal.

If a :dillerman: is playing games, fuck 'em.

This is 2019 - buying any vehicle shouldn't be this hard.

I almost want to take the challenge of being Dplac's deal broker because I'm frustrated with the total breakdown of what should be an easy process.
I'm impressed by it really. I've "only" reached out to 3 dealers, but it's been the same experience at each. I'm just a talking wallet they're trying to get in through the door to fleece.

It looks like I'm looking at MAYBE a $2k discount over my employee 7% under invoice :dill: And that's usually just throwing in features I don't want anyway (like that Mopar reinforced tailgate for $695).

I think I'd rather just order something the way I want. It's just not worth all this hassle.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:17 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:12 pm

That's no requirement, it's just a courtesy so that the dealer doesn't get charged back on the spiff they'll get from the bank for the finance deal.

If a :dillerman: is playing games, fuck 'em.

This is 2019 - buying any vehicle shouldn't be this hard.

I almost want to take the challenge of being Dplac's deal broker because I'm frustrated with the total breakdown of what should be an easy process.
I'm impressed by it really. I've "only" reached out to 3 dealers, but it's been the same experience at each. I'm just a talking wallet they're trying to get in through the door to fleece.

It looks like I'm looking at MAYBE a $2k discount over my employee 7% under invoice :dill: And that's usually just throwing in features I don't want anyway (like that Mopar reinforced tailgate for $695).

I think I'd rather just order something the way I want. It's just not worth all this hassle.
2k or order one exactly the way you want AND a 2020 model, vs 2018, this is a no brainer.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:13 pm :popcorn:

Dude I work with bought a JLU poverty model for "cheap" (IIRC he said $33k). Then he bought Rubicon axles from Mopar, Rubicon flares from Mopar, a take-off Rubicon bumper he found on facebook marketplace, and put 35's on the steelies. The thing looks killer and was pretty cheap...the axles and flares from Mopar were "only" $3k and the axles come with lockers installed.

I'd entertain a "cheap" Sport S to do something similar if it wasn't so hard to shop deals.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:19 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:18 pm
2k or order one exactly the way you want AND a 2020 model, vs 2018, this is a no brainer.

If you're buying, just get a new 2020.
Yea, seriously.

I just thought there would be better deals out there on the 2018's...apparently not.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:18 pm This looks great.

It really does.

I wish the Sport S came with steelies. I don't think I could go without power windows.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:18 pm This looks great.

:megusta:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

What's "BDC"?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:12 pm What's "BDC"?
"Business Development Center" or some :dillerman: :bs:

It's basically people who work leads and pass them to sales people.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm
"Business Development Center" AKA the room of slaves who get paid minimum wage + bonus to hound people via e-mail and phone to "come on down!" and talk to a real :dillerman:

It's how I got started in my :dillerman: life. But much to the dismay of my trainers, I insisted on doing things my own way. Instead of just setting appointments I'd sell the cars over phone/email as well. I maxed out my pay plan and broke every damn rule they had tried to set for me.

I figured if I could sell over the phone/email, I could easily do it in person, too, and that's how I became a Zillerman.

Also the :dillerman: DFDmoji is the face of one of my trainers. He'll forever live on as the face of :dillerman: everywhere.
If the chick I was emailing with came back with a real price instead of "come on down", I'd be talking to the crebitz union right now.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm
"Business Development Center" AKA the room of slaves who get paid minimum wage + bonus to hound people via e-mail and phone to "come on down!" and talk to a real :dillerman:

It's how I got started in my :dillerman: life. But much to the dismay of my trainers, I insisted on doing things my own way. Instead of just setting appointments I'd sell the cars over phone/email as well. I maxed out my pay plan and broke every damn rule they had tried to set for me.

I figured if I could sell over the phone/email, I could easily do it in person, too, and that's how I became a Zillerman.

Also the :dillerman: DFDmoji is the face of one of my trainers. He'll forever live on as the face of :dillerman: everywhere.
:impressive:

Thanks guys.

I remember the :dillerman: story. :disgust: and :lolol: at the same time.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 pm
If the chick I was emailing with came back with a real price instead of "come on down", I'd be talking to the crebitz union right now.

The simple goal is to sell more cars.

You'll sell more cars by being easy to deal with, efficient, transparent, and professional. It's how I do business.

The poor BDC girl likely only has half a brain, though, and can't see the :dill: through the trees. She's a mindless minion following the "rules" of the bossman.
I know, and I get that. It's not her fault, it's the bossman that doesn't get it. By setting the #1 goal as get bodies in the door, you're losing.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

There is no requirement.... But if you wait the 3 months the dealer gets their money from the lender that they charged you on top of the real rate.

This is what I had to do with the 911. Get the price I wanted, but finance with them at 5% for 60 months. If I didn't finance with them the price of the car went up $9k from what I told them I was willing to pay.

Okay, fine.

Bought the car, took the credit inquiry, paid the car off when I got the first bill from First USA. Fuck them and their back end cash.

I've only had this done to me once before, when I bought the Xterra from the sub-prime car manufacturer, Nissan. Did the same thing there, took the deal, paid it off.